Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 603 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't be surprised when the only real effect established on the muggle side of the station is a simple day/night cycle series of lights on the interior arch windows.

Where did this conversation about lighting the skylights artificially come from? Have they begun building a secondary roof on the inside or outside of the arches?

I suppose it came from me, and the reason I thought they would be using artificial lights is because the framing looked like they were building a roof over the arches. Is that not the case?

If you all are talking about the rippled metal (corogated steel) that they have layed over the suposed-to-be glass roof of the train station, they have put that up as a roof over tha walk way that runs from the entrance of Diagon Alley in front of Weasley's into the "goblin area" I noticed yesterday. This all must be temporary? no? Doesn't make sense.

If you all are talking about the rippled metal (corogated steel) that they have layed over the suposed-to-be glass roof of the train station, they have put that up as a roof over tha walk way that runs from the entrance of Diagon Alley in front of Weasley's into the "goblin area" I noticed yesterday. This all must be temporary? no? Doesn't make sense.

Hi TLA,

That was my thought. Coming from the gloomy and rainy UK I know Kings Cross well which has actual glass in the roof. Given the great weather you have in sunny FL why cover it over? It's nowhere near as attractive as glass unless they are planning to do something with it? Maybe it's just to shelter guests from the sun in the aircon?

I just had a thought on the metal put over Kings Cross roof. What if they are "fitting" hurricane shutters that would cover the glass when under threat of a hurricane but have the added bonus of blocking all overhead photos until much later in the construction process when they are removed just before the grand opening?

Well, it seems to me that the archway at the facade is something of a false arch just so the facade looks right. Maybe there'll be a hall of some sort just inside there. But the platform is way in the back of the land, and that's where the long windowed ceiling needs to be. So far, that area doesn't seem to be covered.

Wizarding-world-dragon-alley-construction-16.jpg

Yeah, I would expect the entrance to be a coffered or painted ceiling. We will have to wait to see what happens with the actual station platform. BTW, if that is the Orlando Attractions picture, thankyou OA! I appreciate your aerial endeavors!

Yeah, I would expect the entrance to be a coffered or painted ceiling. We will have to wait to see what happens with the actual station platform. BTW, if that is the Orlando Attractions picture, thankyou OA! I appreciate your aerial endeavors!

Yep, I stole it from PaddyMcCourt's post of a couple days ago.

^ I thought some of those were CGI in the movies....
Video description: Not CGI, but wow, what an amazing animatronic showreel by the talented Gustav Hoegen! Gustav's specialty is Animatronic Effects, Prosthetic Makeup Effects for TV and Film. His credits and some shots shown in this video include: Prometheus, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Clash of the Titans, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Doctor Who and more. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1539473/
Crazy how real it looks!

Status
Not open for further replies.