New Park Map Design? | Inside Universal Forums

New Park Map Design?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 13, 2013
RI
So I don't know if people will like this thread or not, but I noticed people talking about them needing a new map. I kinda agree, what is everyones thoughts about this since they are getting ready to open so many new things.

That would make sense if there's a new map in the works. Transformers is just the old SS44 with "TRANSFORMERS" over it, and FFB is just two stars and the old IFF image.

It would make sense if they're working on a new map for them to not update those.

Edit: HTF confirmed a new map in the springfield thread. Hooray!

I always thought the maps should reflect the idealized versions of the parks. If you look at the buildings in the Port of Entry of IOA, they are depicted as facades with ugly buildings behind them. Why is the map so literal? Use a little artistic license and allow people to fall into the fantasy.

I totally agree. It makes sense to make the studios look like studios buildings but you'd think they'd work on The port.

I would like to see the return of a map for each park, even though I know it will probably not happen because of Universal going green. I think by having a map for each park you would be able to see each detail of the park more clearly.

I'd love to see individual maps for each parks. As a seasonal TM who has done a lot of events/crowd control, the amount of people who get confused looking at the map because they're looking at the wrong park on the map is astonishing.

I would like to see the return of a map for each park, even though I know it will probably not happen because of Universal going green. I think by having a map for each park you would be able to see each detail of the park more clearly.
I'd love to see individual maps for each parks. As a seasonal TM who has done a lot of events/crowd control, the amount of people who get confused looking at the map because they're looking at the wrong park on the map is astonishing.

As much as I agree with you, this wasn't done to be green. This was done because of guest feedback, and to try and fix some of that guest confusion.

Now you get the guests that look at the map and don't understand how to get from Harry Potter to Mummy. And that's annoying for TMs but an easy fix.

Before you'd get guests that go into IOA and be looking for Mummy and MIB as they saw on the website and by the time they asked someone they were upset because they felt like they had been lied to about what was in the park. (Happened quite often)

I always figured the merging of the maps was done to advertise the park the guest wasn't already in...

They're will prob never put them back into single brochures now that they are connecting the parks with a train. So that's kinda out of the question.

I hate the new cheaper Disney maps and the same goes for Universals duel maps. Pony up kids... stop screwing with the bottom line.

UO is at least printing the show times on the map, and not making you get a second piece of paper.

UO is at least printing the show times on the map, and not making you get a second piece of paper.
I actually like the times guides. I guess for a tourist it could be inconvenient, but being someone who knows the park, I hardly ever get a map unless it's a new one (I collect from time to time).

As someone who knows the parks, it's much more convenient to just have the times guide.

I actually like the times guides. I guess for a tourist it could be inconvenient, but being someone who knows the park, I hardly ever get a map unless it's a new one (I collect from time to time).

As someone who knows the parks, it's much more convenient to just have the times guide.

But for a tourist it's a giant pain, and most of them pick up a map at the entrance and then grab the times guide from a store once they can't find a show time. And the money is in the tourists, not in us (plus there are more of them, so things should be catered to them more)

Just like they do with any new attraction they could leave the Jaws ride and all of amity on the map and photoshopped right over it Diagon Alley.

I know this would never happen.