Springfield Expansion | Page 219 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
All this talk about delicious food and not one single review of the Ribwich. I thought this was a board filled with boneless pork patty lovers. For shame ; )

-Andy

All this talk about delicious food and not one single review of the Ribwich. I thought this was a board filled with boneless pork patty lovers. For shame ; )

-Andy

I was really looking forward to the Ribwich but it really wasn't what I was expecting. Somehow I had the impression that it was a pork patty kind of like a McRib. It instead is more of a really chunky pulled pork. The coleslaw added a nice flavor as well as the different bun they use for it. I may have it again to give it a second chance. It was really good just not what I had expected it to be.

I was really looking forward to the Ribwich but it really wasn't what I was expecting. Somehow I had the impression that it was a pork patty kind of like a McRib. It instead is more of a really chunky pulled pork. The coleslaw added a nice flavor as well as the different bun they use for it. I may have it again to give it a second chance. It was really good just not what I had expected it to be.

I would like to see pics of this thing. I sounds like it could be made from boneless "country style" ribs (at least that is what they are called here in the Midwest). If so, those are basically the pork shoulder which have been cut into strips and then grilled/cooked.

Apparently they have painted Barney's beer mug white now. FOX had them paint over the clear glass mug for whatever reason. :inquisitive:

Apparently they have painted Barney's beer mug white now. FOX had them paint over the clear glass mug for whatever reason. :inquisitive:

Dang. I thought that was a cool prop. I'm guessing they felt it promoted drinking a bit too much?

Kind of odd thinking since the place is a bar & all...

I had a Duff and the Chicken and Waffle sandwich a few days ago. I really enjoyed the Duff; nothing too unique about the flavor, but it goes down easy. The chicken and waffle sandwich was good based on theme park quick service standards. Enjoyed the syrup mayo, the chicken was good, but the waffles were cold.

The atmosphere in Moe's is great. The bartender had the Moe's style attitude down perfect. Was a really relaxing spot to sit and have a drink. I hope it doesn't get too packed where they have to take out the barstools in the future though. I know they did that over at the Hog's Head Pub.

Man this all looks and sounds fantastic! Thanks for all the reporting/pictures, everyone!

I can't wait to see it all in November!!

Anyone know if all this rain we've been having, and will continue to have for the next few days, has delayed construction on the remainder of Springfield? I mean working towards a June 20th opening is pushing it as it is but add on to that the 3-6 inches of rain today alone and I have to wonder.

Last edited:
Anyone know if all this rain we've been having, and will continue to have for the next few days, has delayed construction on the remained of Springfield? I mean working towards a June 20th opening is pushing it as it is but add on to that the 3-6 inches of rain today alone and I have to wonder.

They are on a tight schedule, so that is a real possiblity

They do actually update them every time there is a major change. For example sound stage 33 is gone, amity is gone, ect. Due to the print process the maps are finalized about a month in advance.

Not true at all. More like a week in advance.

How tall is the Lard Lad statue going to be? Is it going to be super tall like in the ride where it can be seen from anywhere in the park? That would be epic.

How tall is the Lard Lad statue going to be? Is it going to be super tall like in the ride where it can be seen from anywhere in the park? That would be epic.
It wont be nearly that tall, it would ruin the immersion in other areas. It wouldn't of been so bad before but now that HP is in US, sightlines are important.

We're looking at roughly 18-20' in height.