Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg

I went to BGW in october howl scream is actually part of the admission and not a seperate event, so that was awesome :)

BGW is an excellent park. It really deserves its status as the world's most beautiful park. Great ambiance. Not a lot of coasters but they are all excellent. Make sure you catch the show in Ireland. Its as good & professional as a Disney show. DarkKastle is a Spider-Man type attraction, not as good but still worth the ride. The restaurants are primarily counter service but the food is very good. It's location in verdant rolling wooded hills overlooking a Scottish type lake and the walk through woods as you travel from country to country is breathtaking. Enjoy your trips.

It is a wonderful park. I'm very partial to it because it's where I rode my first upside down roller coaster, and the theming is pretty wonderful for a BG park. Darkastle is a pretty cool example of how a haunted house attraction can be pulled off - very similar to Spidy but it doesn't really compare in terms of tech. Overall, very nice atmosphere. Be sure to take your time and enjoy everything it has to offer. I'd also add that it was really magical for me and my sister when dusk hit, and all the fireflies came out (as we'd never seen them). Have a wonderful trip!

Amazing park. Verebolten was disappointing compared to BBW. But Apollo's Chariot, Big Bad Wold and Alpengiest are a must.

Love that park. Have yet to get on Verbolten but LOVED BBW.

I am very excited. I didnt know much about the park other than the Europe theme and coasters. We camping in the mountains of NC and then heading to Williamsburg for a few days to go to Busch Gardens.

So I was looking at the menus for the restaurants and I am a little confused. I wonder why everything is basically American/Southern food and not inspired by the different European countries. Bistro 205 in France is an All American Buffet? Just odd

There is at least one restaurant in each land that has area specific fare. But there is a lot of standard American Theme Park fare to be had all around the resort.

Amazing park. Verebolten was disappointing compared to BBW. But Apollo's Chariot, Big Bad Wold and Alpengiest are a must.

awww Big Bad Wolf....Too Soon.

Apollo's Chariot is fantastic.

BGW might be my favorite theme park, I love the rides and the park is easily the most beautiful I have been to.

ahh my local park. Some rides that get overshadowed by the coasters are things like Escape from Pompeii which is an excellent Themed shoot the chutes ride. Le Scoot De flume is a classic arrow flume older than the park itself, and Curse of darkastle is a pretty good dark ride, however, don't go in expecting Spider man, you will be dissapointed....

As far as restaurants go, it really depends on what your in the mood for. Trappers smokehouse is an excellent BBQ restaurant that is my favorite in the park. Das Festhaus is a classic restaurant that serves good German food as well as your regular stuff like Pizza and Chicken fingers. However, if Entwined is playing in there, I would steer clear :p(Its a Horrible show). The Italian restaurant is good as well if your in the mood for that.

Try ALL the coasters! Theres not a bad one! My favorites rank as

1: Apollo's Chariot
2: Nessie
3: Alpengeist
4: Verbolten(Much tamer than the rest, but unique and fun)
5: Griffon

Have fun! I'll be there tomorrow and next weekend for the Food and Wine Festival( Which unfortunately you will miss by a week or two).

It's an extremely well built and planned park. I haven't been in probably 7 years but the last time I went it was still a great park. All around a lot of fun and a lot of offerings. Alpengeist edges out Montu for me. If you like Montu though, you'll love Alpengeist. DarKastle is awesome. No Transformers or Spiderman, but still an all around great dark ride. You should have a lot of fun at the park. If you like German fair, eat at the Oktoberfest.

Alpengiest seemed almost identical to the ice side of Dragon Challenge. Verbolten is one of my new favorite coasters of all time, loved it! I will be back later to post a full review with pictures.

I got to visit for my first time July 9 & 10. Had a blast! Longest wait of the day was maybe 15 minutes for Verbolten. We spend the majority of our time on Verbolten and Apollo's Chariot; two incredibly fun rides!

As far as BGW vs BGT, BGW is definitely better as an overall park. Regarding rides though, I prefer the coaster collection at BGT. BGT just needs a ride like Apollo's Chariot and we would be set.

As far as rides that can be compared:

Sheikra vs Griffon: I prefer Sheikra for the surroundings and the tunnel. Griffon has a strange jerk in the track just after the splash and the small hill into the brakes was a little painful.

Montu vs Alpengeist: Montu wins it for me mainly because of the Batwing and I prefer the order of elements.

The others can't really be compared IMO.