Antena things on the perimeter of all buildings? | Inside Universal Forums

Antena things on the perimeter of all buildings?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I believe what you're are referring to are lightning rods. At the end of the metal points is a wire that runs deep into the ground, and instead of the building being struck by lightning, the rods are. And the electric current is transferred harmlessly into the ground.

Third guess is also Lightning Rods. But if your thinking of something else you could post a pic if possible.

Thanks for the responses guys. I would post a pic, but I'm 1200 miles away as of last night :'(. I'm pretty sure you guys are describing what I was talking about though. Thanks again :smiley:.

I hope we have hit on what he is talking about. Be sure to look at the high resolution version of the following image. See the rods sticking out of the chimneys and some tiny rooftops? Those are lightning rods.

Hogsmeade-2-1024x768.jpg

Dont they also stick a lot of those little ones close together to keep birds away?

Those aren't lightning rods, they are just strips of "spines" fastened to whatever to keep the birds from landing. Lighting protection has to go from the highest point all the way through the building and into the ground.