The Condition of City Walk | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

The Condition of City Walk

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm in the minority when I say I enjoy NBA City (for what it is). I've never had a truly bad experience.

However, a WWE Hall of Fame would be pretty cool. I'm a life long wrestling fan so that's easy to say. However, I don't think it would last at all. I can't see people leaving the parks for a wrestling hall of fame... and if there's nothing but props, it seems like it'd be hard for them to stay open on CityWalk, especially when people would have to pay for parking if they aren't Universal passholders.

I think this will be a "we are here so we might as well go see it" type thing, I don't think wwe will charge admission

The only part of this equation I don't quite understand is why are the turning a Mexican restaurant into another Mexican restaurant? Does the Latin Quarter have anything to do with the NBA/WWE stuff, or does Uni simply think that it's time for a change to LQ?

Also, "Don Quixote’s" is a really worse name for a restaurant than Latin Quarter.

Latin Quarter is more Carribean and South American oriented food. A lot of Spanish food. There are a few Mexican dishes, but it's not a full out Mexican restaurant.

Only time I ever went to NBA City was my friend and I were trying to find a place to watch the Super bowl this year. Major fail. Ended up at one of my places to chill in City Walk - Pat O'Brien's.

Looks at calendar. Not April 1st...Well sh**

Notice that the article links back to speculation on this forum about the WWE Hall of Fame. So definitely not a conformation, just connecting the speculation that NBA City may be leaving and WWE HoF may be coming.

I never got NBA City there anyways, it seems a little off. I have never been there, but I would assume if it was ESPN instead may be better (cover all of the sports). But I am also for more things to do in CW than Restaurants and "Clubs".

I would take the second part of that dailycity.com article lightly, since I haven't heard anything about NBA City closing, especially not this fall.

Why does NBA city seem off? That's like saying everything in city walk is somewhat the same.

If your referring to...

I never got NBA City there anyways, it seems a little off. I have never been there, but I would assume if it was ESPN instead may be better (cover all of the sports).

I was saying the idea seems off to me (bad idea) for any "destination" shopping area, not that it is off from matching the surroundings and not just for CW. I am just thinking that for a sports theme something with broader appeal like ESPN would be better. But then again, I don't know if "Fox Sports Grill" would have done so well either?

I only ate at NBA City once and it was fine,(I got the Philly which was awesome BTW). Now, I wouldn't mind seeing a WWE Hall Of Fame because, I'm a big Wrestling fan and would love for them to put in a physical location for the Hall Of Fame. Would be cool to visit.

It seems like WWE's popularity has been waning the past few years. They might be smarter putting in an Ultimate Fighting/TapOut themed restaurant and gift shop. Although A) don't know how "family oriented" that would be, and B) a lot of that type of merch is available at your local Walmart, hehe.

I think I'm in the minority when I say I enjoy NBA City (for what it is). I've never had a truly bad experience.

The few times I went, the food was always a bit better than the other mass loader restaurants around CityWalk--better burger than Buffet's, for instance. Seemed to have a wider variety on the menu, as well. That said, atmosphere was pretty non-existent once you got past the games in the lobby. Every time I went in there the employees admitted business was slow, kind of surprised it lasted this long.

However, a WWE Hall of Fame would be pretty cool. I'm a life long wrestling fan so that's easy to say. However, I don't think it would last at all. I can't see people leaving the parks for a wrestling hall of fame... and if there's nothing but props, it seems like it'd be hard for them to stay open on CityWalk, especially when people would have to pay for parking if they aren't Universal passholders.

Is this a legit Hall of Fame like in Canton? Or a glorified restaurant/gift shop. Even in the down part of its cycle (like now), the wrasslin' is hugely popular, but I'm not sure how much they can hope to charge to get in. I think it made more sense as an in-park exhibit, like Lucy or SNL.

From the twitter:

@wakefieldreport: Looks like its been confirmed. WWE HOF building is coming to Universal Orlando!

tumblr_mnf6vaI52N1qzjm7to1_500.png

Will this HOF be a restaurant or an exhibit? We had a WWF Restaurant in Times Square back in their golden age. It was closed 3 years later. I'm not sure how much of an appeal a WWE restaurant will have now, even less of an appeal if it's just an exhibit.

I think a combined Hall of Fame/Restaurant would have a better chance than a straight up restaurant would. Once the boom of the late 90''s early 2000's dropped off, it just couldn't survive. And if it couldn't make it in the middle of one of the busiest areas of New York City, it wasn't going to make it anywhere. Maybe this will be a different environment, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.