Backstage stuff on VIP Tour? | Inside Universal Forums

Backstage stuff on VIP Tour?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 29, 2013
Florida
Hey, I'm doing a VIP tour of USO Saturday and the description says it will take you back stage and photos aren't allowed. Does anyone know what backstage stuff they will be showing us? Also has any one done one of these before? Is it worth the money? I'm doing the 1 day 1 park group, I tried the 1 day 2 park but it was booked, please tell me about this if you have done this tour before.

I've done the one day, two park several times. Had you gone to IOA, you probably would have seen the Spiderman maintenance area and control room. In the studios it depends, possibly you'll get to experience Twister when it resets for the next show, and see how the air pressure differences makes it nearly impossible to manually open the exit doors into the gift shop. You also might get to walk through the producer's building between the sound stages, possibly see the inside of a soundstage. I once took one of these tours when HHN construction was in full swing and one of the sound stages holding Dracula/Frankenstein had a non-public facing door open and we got to peek inside. This was before anything was announced.

It really depends on the guide - you could see some different things. It is definitely worth the money, in my opinion. While you're probably going to be walking backstage, a lot of what the tour is based on is an explanation of the history/back story/trivia of the park and front of the line access to the rides.

Let me know what you think. We have three days at the parks from Saturday to Wednesday. Might be worth me upgrading to if you feel it is worth it.

I was randomly picked to go back stage at Spiderman and see the control room and maintenance area, and that alone was amazing to see!

I heard a long time ago that the US tour included seeing the mega fog system used on Terminator. I see no reason why that wouldn't still hold true. I would think it is also possible that one would see the parade floats in storage and prep. All good stuff.