Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

TM signups for HHN opened up a little less than an hour ago for TM members on here looking to audition.

Some people over on the "Horror Unearthed" Facebook group think the house is Evil Dead. Here's my theory. If it's Evil Dead, then wouldn't both Orlando And Hollywood be announcing the IP coming to Horror Nights, like what they did for Silent Hill or Walking Dead. I think this will be something exclusive to Orlando. :p

Some people over on the "Horror Unearthed" Facebook group think the house is Evil Dead. Here's my theory. If it's Evil Dead, then wouldn't both Orlando And Hollywood be announcing the IP coming to Horror Nights, like what they did for Silent Hill or Walking Dead. I think this will be something exclusive to Orlando. :p

Well, it's possible Hollywood isn't using Evil Dead.

Correct me IF (and I stress IF I'm wrong :thumbs: ) the line that Universal used "once the evil is unleashed there is no turning back was taken dorectly from the first Evil Dead film..the one starring Bruce Campbell. If this is true...it's so frustrating because Uni could have used this property years ago.

The 23 looks like a direct reference to the evil vines in Evil Dead.

I initially thought this too. I also thought of this video that was shown at the HHN VIP Lounge back in 2010 that showed a story about Cindy and a tree that was originally planned once. Here's the video.

[video=youtube;eyEVi9miy_c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyEVi9miy_c[/video]

From the HHN Twitter account..

@UORHHN: “Truth or Dare?” The first house of [HASHTAG]#HHN23[/HASHTAG] is based on a hit horror film.

Cabin in the Woods had a "Truth or Dare" scene.

I don't really think I'd classify it as a "hit" however. Interesting point, though.

Also something that could be a potential factor in terms of marketing as far as the IP of Evil Dead goes, it's being released on DVD/Blu-Ray in about 2 weeks.

I don't really think I'd classify it as a "hit" however. Interesting point, though.

Also something that could be a potential factor in terms of marketing as far as the IP of Evil Dead goes, it's being released on DVD/Blu-Ray in about 2 weeks.

For what its worth I'm also in the "Evil Dead" camp.

Makes more sense from the marketing perspective. Very recent (and scary) Horror "hit"...and it is probably more identifiable by the GP than Cabin in the Woods (which was more of a horror satire anyways).

The hype machine is sucking me in. I just don't have the funds for it.:fist:

Oh well, I'll go next year and have a plethora of new stuff to see.

I think it may be a matter of me watching the weather and hopping in the truck when it looks favorable for a few days. No rain this year plz.

Was it bad or good?

It was not done horribly. A lot of jump scares in the small space it used. It was not liscened but it was essentially you walking through the garage during the party. They had the girl in the garage door lifeless and dead through the doggy door.