Star Wars Themed Land Speculation | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars Themed Land Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if they bring a less than full Carsland to Orlando, it will be a huge let down. The area in CA really feels like you are walking through the movie. I can do without the Luigi ride but I really enjoyed the Mater ride. I also don't see the point of RSR without the racing.

I worried that if the rumored budget of $600m is accurate, Orlando will get nothing more than restaurants and meet and greet areas

If there were 100 comments alone, I think it's safe to assume that there were more than 100 viewers of the topic.

I was just making it easy haha

- - - Updated - - -

:doh: Yes I understand what he originally meant. What I'm saying is that that is only 100 opinions of the entire population. And as I just stated is that those are just people's opinions of the ride...Star Tours, in my opinion, can be topped and has been.

That's the beauty of opinions. But I don't think it's uncommon to believe or know, how popular SW truly is.

My son is 5. Has never seen the movies. Some lego movies, and cartoon network, and he's in love with the franchise. He has a Vader costume, 3 different color light sabers, was chosen as "the spy" on the new STs (which he still raves about) and created his own light saber after ST in the gift shop.

That will last a lifetime, and hes in the very begining stages of that generation. Amazing to think about my Dad stood in line to see the originals, and now his grandson is a mini jedi.

When that comment's up votes exceeds a couple hundred then you will have my attention. 26 votes, to me, does not warrant a pent up demand for more star wars in the park.
The only reason it got my attention at 26 was because it was a article with little views and little comments. Not many up votes on anything.

But once again, it's only speaking of a ride and it's qualities. I agree Star Wars is needed in the parks and i want to see it in there as well but I really don't think that 26 votes on a relatively unactive article condones very much in the eyes of the general public.

But once again, it's only speaking of a ride and it's qualities. I agree Star Wars is needed in the parks and i want to see it in there as well but I really don't think that 26 votes on a relatively unactive article condones very much in the eyes of the general public.
I just found it interesting at first glance. I don't think anyone can deny or needs proof that there's a large market for a Star Wars land out there.

Random thought but can anybody see a future Long Ranger attraction similar to Indiana Jones at Disneyland in the future? I mean I would rather have Indiana Jones but if Lone Ranger is a big hit I could see something like this.

Random thought but can anybody see a future Long Ranger attraction similar to Indiana Jones at Disneyland in the future? I mean I would rather have Indiana Jones but if Lone Ranger is a big hit I could see something like this.

still holding out hope for western river expedition and they can throw in lone ranger and tonto

Tom Bricker ‏@Tom_Bricker 21h
Just saw Pirates of the Caribbean 5. Odd that they set it in the West and called it by a different name...

i like pirates so that helps lol

Over the past several years I've gotten a little to attached to Universal, well just for the fact that Harry Potter was one of the movie franchise that I grew up with. So, in result of that I've sort of neglected Disney World, which I still love deep down in my heart, they really haven't added much for me to get excited over. But if this rumor stands true, Disney would win my heart back in an instant! I've loved Star Wars ever since I could remember, it was such a huge impact in my life and if they make this a reality, I would be blown away and Disney would without a doubt make me feel like a little kid again!

Last edited:
A couple rumors reported on by Screamscape today:

1) StarWars Land could be a multiphase project starting with addition of a kiddie ride, indoor Jedi training show, and possibly a Cantina. Future phase rumors go as far as replacing and/or tearing down the Great Movie ride to make room for a brand new e-ticket Star Wars attraction, converting echo lake, and even tearing out the Big Hat for a total re-branding of the park.
http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_hollywood_studios.htm#StarWarsLand

2) Cars Land could be scaled back to allow for the addition of a Monstropolis area.
http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_hollywood_studios.htm#Monsters

1) StarWars Land could be a multiphase project starting with addition of a kiddie ride, indoor Jedi training show, and possibly a Cantina. Future phase rumors go as far as replacing and/or tearing down the Great Movie ride to make room for a brand new e-ticket Star Wars attraction, converting echo lake, and even tearing out the Big Hat for a total re-branding of the park.

2) Cars Land could be scaled back to allow for the addition of a Monstropolis area.

For the Star Wars side the rumor on screamscape just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It creates a long thin themed area with american idol and the commissary in the middle of it. Also it would set it up so the easiest way to get to the rumored cars land would be to walk through starwars land, a decision that would make crowd control interesting. Then of course there is the line of sight issue from Sounds Dangerous and Great Movie ride, you'd have to re-design the whole front of the park to keep you in the immerse experience (something completely possible, but of note)

Yeah, I saw that earlier. Here is what I believe will be coming to the park for the Pixar expansion. The Monsters Inc. area was just recently greenlit for both DCA and DHS, so I don't believe this was a part of the original budget.

Monsters, Inc.
Streets of America will be transformed into a GIANT partially enclosed Monsters, Inc. factory (the building will feel like it is completely enclosed by it won't be it will most likely just be a roof). Guests can walk around the factory and meet monsters from the movies. The previous Muppet Vision theater will be taken over by Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor (moved over from the Magic Kingdom). A large area of the factory will be a inverted roller coaster (it will be a family coaster), themed to the doors from the movie. Possible plot line could be Randall returning to the factory and causing chaos.
Cars Land
Cars Land will consist of RSR, (which WILL NOT be a shorter version of the original. The track will be the same length, but the cars will be able to go up to 60 MPH on the race section. So it will be an improvement on the original ride) Maters Junkyard Jamboree, and a very unique food court/shopping area. This food court will be similar to the Simpsons one at USO, but will be EVEN MORE themed. You will go through a cave in the rock work for RSR, and will enter a warehouse that will contains a mini-sized version of Radiator Springs, an experience similar to the one at DCA, minus the Cozy Cone and Luigi's. The warehouse will be painted to appear that you entered RS at night. Mater's Junkyard Jamboree will be inside here as well. RSR will be located outside of the food court and entrance will be different. LMA and Backlot Tour will become RSR, and the Radiator Springs Experience will be inside the warehouse next to Toy Story Midway Mania.

Status
Not open for further replies.