Your Dream Universal Attraction | Inside Universal Forums

Your Dream Universal Attraction

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 5, 2013
Make it a movie from Universal Pictures since they barely have attractions from their own movie studios now.

Oblivion: That Tom Cruise movie would be cool. It would replace Fear Factor. The ride could be like Soarin

Fast and Furious: Highest grossing movie franchise for Universal

My top 3 I'd like to see:

Star Trek: I'm shocked Universal hasn't jumped on this yet, it's a highly profitable franchise that has spanned generations (no pun intended).
Lord of the Rings: Still hoping this replaces Toon Lagoon if the Tolkiens won't be jerks, but you know they will.
Fast and the Furious: The movies are meh, but it could make a great ride.

There are only 2 that immediately jump out in my head... and that's Fast & the Furious and the Dark Knight.

I don't count Jaws and Back to the Future since they are so obvious.

Ted :lol:

Honestly, Universal doesn't make that many good movies :shifty: but if I had to pick a recent Universal title, Scott Pilgrim VS The World. Not sure what kinda ride you could make, but I enjoyed that movie way more than I probably should.

Honestly, Universal doesn't make that many good movies :shifty: but if I had to pick a recent Universal title, Scott Pilgrim VS The World. Not sure what kinda ride you could make, but I enjoyed that movie way more than I probably should.

I would totally be on for a Ted meet and greet :lol:

A Clockwork Orange. Or for a Universal movie...Scarface. :p

They really should go after Star Trek. I'm not even a big fan of it but I know it would be an amazing attraction.

I would totally be on for a Ted meet and greet :lol:

I completely agree a Ted meet and greet would be outstanding... other than that, I really dont know what other franchises would work well in the park... fast and furious just released its 6th movie, it cant go much farther than that. star trek wouldnt be a bad idea, and could counter disneys proposed star wars land idea

I would kill for a Scott Pilgrim ride. And as a Toronto boy, it would be extra amazing to see parts of the neighborhood and city I live in represented in a Universal Orlando ride.

Four words:

BACK TO THE FUTURE!

(I love that timeless movie trilogy!)

Agreed, hopefully BTTF will someday return to the parks, it's such a great trilogy and you can make so much from them. If there was another BTTF ride, it should be like Star Tours: The Adventure Continues with alternate ride paths.

Also, there should really be an Up attraction built somewhere, preferably in Adventureland.

Last edited:
I am shocked that there seems to be no Fast and Furious ride in development!

It is the only Universal property in the 15 highest grossing film franchises and it has a wide multicultural cast and appeal, and it's always good to have some things that aren't just about and for white guys. It feels like it is custom made for some type of fast dark ride experience and the concept is so simple, a group of tough guys and girls that do crazy things in fast cars, that you should be able to create a thrilling ride that is both true to the world for the fans but easily understandable and fun for those not fluent in the franchise. I'm a massive Potter fan but I recognize that people who are not, tend to be overwhelmed by Forbidden Journey and don't fully enjoy it.

For those who hate on F&F I understand you really I do, I was one of you until I was talked into watching Fast Five and now I see that at least Five and Six are amazing action films. Dumb yes but with a sense of fun that raises them above the Transformers style trash that they tend to get lumped in with.

I always thought Jack Rabbit Slim's from Pulp Fiction would be an awesome theme park restaurant...I think actually this has been thrown around in ideas about how to turn DHS around since Pulp Fiction is a Miramax film and therefore Disney property. But somehow it feels like it would fit in more at Universal :lol:

i agree that fast and furious has been successful up to this point, and would probably make for a cool test track-like ride, but dont forget, theyre in development for the 7th film in the series... it seems like the franchise could possibly be coming to an end... all the other new rides are from new franchises (transformers, despicable me), and unlike other classic movies/franchises (king kong, jurassic park, and harry potter) fast and furious, while the movies are good, doesn't have that lasting appeal. The franchise wont stand the test of time. Had universal developed a ride 6 years ago, it probably would have been more successful, in my opinion.

My top 10 movies for theme park attractions:
10. Horton Hears a Who - it's in the top 5 classic Seuss books... no ride?
9. How to Train Your Dragon - I could see this topping Soarin and being a family draw for USF
8. Dora the Explorer - she is in the parade and character breakfast... she could use a show and a flat ride if you ask me, she'd also increase girl appeal along with another later mentioned IP
7. Star Trek - perfect for a clone of Space Fantasy if you ask me
6. TMNT - this would give KidZone so much teen/adult appeal if they made an E ticket from this
5. My Little Pony (they made a movie! :lol:) - this could easily be Universal's answer to the Disney Princesses, and a nice fit for KidZone
4. The Fast and the Furious - they seemed like a no brainer, and Test Track on steroids
3. Scooby Doo - I never understood why Yogi was the focus of the old Hanna ride instead of their flagship character - he should get a dark ride in KidZone or Toon Lagoon!!
2. SpongeBob - I'm surprised there's no SpongeBob ride in KidZone even more! He's Nicks icon! He should get a nice water ride in USF
1. LOTR - if the Tolkiens stop being nuts, this would definitely null any effect a Star Wars land might have on the resort, and it'd be quite a draw!

i agree that fast and furious has been successful up to this point, and would probably make for a cool test track-like ride, but dont forget, theyre in development for the 7th film in the series... it seems like the franchise could possibly be coming to an end... all the other new rides are from new franchises (transformers, despicable me), and unlike other classic movies/franchises (king kong, jurassic park, and harry potter) fast and furious, while the movies are good, doesn't have that lasting appeal. The franchise wont stand the test of time. Had universal developed a ride 6 years ago, it probably would have been more successful, in my opinion.

But, unlike Harry Potter or Transformers, the Fast and Furious films don't need classic status or novelty because going fast in cool cars has a pretty widespread appeal to everyone. In a hundred years, if no one knows who Harry Potter is, it's main fan base will be a niche of wizard and magic-loving fantasy geeks. But no one needs to know about films to know that driving around in a fast car is awesome. That's why I think Fast and Furious would make a good attraction and am surprised that Universal hasn't cashed in not only on the property, but the general concept as well. My main guess would be money, as Universal seems to be more and more reliant on simulation, a technology that wouldn't do this kind of ride justice.

Always wanted to see::
1) Series of Unfortunate Events attraction (used to love those books and film)
2) Scott Pilgrim
3) Twister (I realize it is an attraction now, but imagine it with the scoop technology and 3-D)
4) The Grinch
5) Classic Monsters
6) The Smurfs (kidding)
7) How To Train Your Dragon
8) Bourne Identity
9) Trek

Give me a Casper dark ride and I will be a happy guest. A classic monsters attraction would be nice as well.

That's actually pretty genius! :thumbs: Turn Toon Lagoon into a Classic Monsters land with a family friendly Casper dark ride taking the Toon Lagoon Theater, the Horror Make-Up Show could be relocated to here, a Walking Dead or Wolfman coaster on the Thunder Falls plot, some sort of flat ride, a new state-of-the-art Van Helsing E-ticket to replace Dudley and Popeye could be repurposed as a Creature From the Black Lagoon ride especially when there's a show scene with a squid already :lol:

Still, I don't know if Universal will ever build a whole Monsters/Ghosts/Zombies area...