Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Amazing Spider-Man 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looks to be unconfirmed still but "Rise of Electro" was supposed to be the subtitle. However an official press release today still referred to it as ASM 2.

So, since we now know that Dane Dehaan will indeed be playing Goblin, the big question is this: Will his Dad suit up as well? I'm thinking maybe his dad is the original Goblin and is killed by Spidey in this film leaving Harry to suit up to avenge his death (probably at the tail end of the film as a tease for the 3rd installment). At least, I'm hoping this is the route they decide to go. I REALLY want to see the Goblin from the Ultimate universe appear (The freaky, mutated monster version), if only for a few scenes at the end of the film. What do you guys think?

Yes, and the difference is Raimi's Goblin is a Power Ranger whereas this one looks like a mutation.

I see! I liked Raimi's version of the Goblin...but thats easy to say because I've never been introduced to the literal one from the comics to make a comparison. Now, granted Spidey 3's goblin was garbage.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
[video=youtube;b6Kq4s0GPfE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6Kq4s0GPfE[/video]

Really digging the new trailer. We get a few brief teases of Rhino (liking his design in the trailer much more than his design in the poster), a good look at Goblin (really liking what I'm seeing so far), and the scenes with Electro looks absolutely thrilling. We also get a look at Norman Osborne (doesn't look like he will be suiting up, literally on his death bed), a pretty cool intro to Harry (Dane Dehaan should NAIL both his roles in this film), Peter will continue to dig into his father's past and eventually uncover some shady doings by Oscorp (luckily, they are every bit as evil here as they are in the comics), and we also see that there will still be that romantic aspect again between Peter and Gwen (here's hoping she bites the bullet here, would make for a great cliffhanger and a dark and gloomy 3rd film). Looks like we'll be getting way more Spidey action in this one, something the first one lacked a bit. All in all, it looks like this film is going to be kicking major amounts of ass (the final scene with Electro, and the one with Spidey dodging a machine gun held by Aleski Sytsevich) and I'm definitely looking forward to this one. Looks like it's going to be better than the first one (definitely has a different tone from the first. The first was dark, brooding, and introspective and the 2nd one looks like it's going to be dark, fast-paced, and brimming with action). I'd buy tickets right now if I could.

Interesting that they revealed the Doc and Vulture designs in the trailer. Reports are saying this is actually the stinger (post-credits scene) of the film. Why would Sony ruin their own stinger? I was looking forward to this film, but I feel like they are moving way too fast to try to get to the Sinister Six. From what I've heard, they want Sinister Six to be ASM3 (Sony thinks this is their own little version of the Avengers). So if we have 3 villains in this film, then that means 3 more for the next film.

I liked the trailer, but I think they are throwing too much into one film. Electro, Rhino and Goblin all into one film is far too much, Electro/Goblin deserve their own respective films. Spiderman 3 was awful not just because of the obvious reasons but they threw too much together.

If they do the Sinister Six in the next film who is going to be the line up? I'm guessing Electro, Goblin, Dr Okto, Vulture, Rhino and who else I wouldn't expect Mysterio, Sandman or Kraven they would be a bit odd.

Im hoping for the final installment to be Venom only and to do the character justice.

Last edited:
The trailer has really knocked down my excitement for this film. It does just come across as throwing a ton of stuff in to get it in.

Batman Begins: Falcone, Joe Chill, Zsaz, Ra's, Scarecrow

The Dark Knight: Scarecrow, Maroni, Joker, Two-Face

Let's not complain about too many villains until we see it, huh?

I agree with you about reserving judgement, but to be fair, Falcone is a mob boss, Joe Chill is a petty criminal, and Zsaz was a cameo. And Scarecrow was a cameo in the second film. Really, there are two in each: Ra's & Scarecrow/ Joker & Two-Face. The problem I'm concerned about with ASM2 isn't that there are 3 villains. It's that we are introducing 3 villains that all have some kind of transformation. So we're introducing Max Dillon THEN having him transform into Electro. Introducing Harry THEN having him transform into Goblin. (This is what concerns me more. That's not a lot of time for development) Hell, I even found the Harvey Dent to Two-Face transition a stretch in Dark Knight. One minute he's the White Knight, the do-gooder who is willing to sacrifice his safety for Batman. Then two scenes later he's putting a gun to somebody's head and playing Russian roulette.