Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 207 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^ so much for all of the "end of the world/attraction talk". yeeesh. I knew it was bull.

UO may have a lot of money, but they aren't about to throw out millions to shut down a ride and rebuild it. Not now anyway.

well its good to know youre alive! :cheers:
All that hype for one day of closure...jeez. Still though, as much as I like the Rockit as a coaster, its gotta get its stuff straight. I would rather go a day without it breaking before we get a KidZone refurb, JP expansion, etc.

Details won't come out for a while if ever. People are really intimidated by management. A lot of people had to sign NDAs. Also they go fairly often without a downtime these days, but when you start to have multiple RVs online, bad stuff can happen. It'd be no different if HPFJ ran multiple profiles, the ride would be inevitably doomed.

Now cue Jeff Goldblum's chaos theory speech.

So, do we know what they were running with, and what the wait times were? Did they suspend the newer cars?

I know that on Saturday waits got up to 2 hours. The park seemed pretty average as far as crowds, but 2 hours is excessive...soooo maybe they have reduced the capacity?

And train 5 was running. Everything is back to normal. I know they were up to six trains at some point.

Considering what was being said to the crew by the techs after expressing a lot of concern leading up to the event, having RV5 back on so quickly doesn't seem...fully thought out, at least to me. We'll see what the next few weeks bring, but I'm far from optimistic unless some drastic system changes took place.

I knew it was down, know why it was down, but won't speculate considering the lack of any news reports or other information out there. It was down for two days.

I will note the following - I was at the parks yesterday, from 8 AM to 7:30 PM. During that time, not a single train was cycled. There was no obvious activity in the station throughout most of the day (I exited/entered via the BMG side turnstile so could see the station pretty well). The lift was off, trains were sitting at the brake stations. After 7 PM, I noticed the lift was on - I walked over, and saw a few techs working in the station, but still no trains cycling. The poor Rockit team members were out front telling people it "most likely wouldn't open tonight, but it's a tiny possibility."

I will note the following - I was at the parks yesterday, from 8 AM to 7:30 PM. During that time, not a single train was cycled. There was no obvious activity in the station throughout most of the day (I exited/entered via the BMG side turnstile so could see the station pretty well). The lift was off, trains were sitting at the brake stations. After 7 PM, I noticed the lift was on - I walked over, and saw a few techs working in the station, but still no trains cycling. The poor Rockit team members were out front telling people it "most likely wouldn't open tonight, but it's a tiny possibility."

There were trains cycling at 6pm.

I now feel comfortable saying that you shouldn't expect to see any more than 4 trains max on the course during regular operations for the foreseeable future. This is due to the new trains and increased weight.

I'm getting fed up with the continual issues with this ride. The past three visits its been down at different times due to 'technical difficulties'...which obviously happens way too often. It's a maintenance nightmare.

I think it's just about time to tear this thing down and start from scratch with a RELIABLE coaster company like B&M.