The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There isn't enough room for it to be a dark ride. The best we can hope for is a rehab and bringing back the water vortex.

The building can be expanded in the back, they can make the building as big as Men in Black if they have too. I think this could really be a comeback for the LC since Potter is stealing some of its thunder:)!

It's not going to happen for a while if it ever does happen, they need to wait until they can truly make a profit on Harry Potter. Then they might have to save some money to retheme Marvel Superhero Island in a few years to a new franchise. But I like the idea, and I've always thought that Poseidon's Fury would be good as a ride. But I also have great affection towards the show and don't really want to see it changed.

It doesn't have to be a water coaster, I was thinking cars like Revenge of the Mummy? When you think about it a coaster makes sense. Escape from the lost city? I mean who wouldn't want to plunge through waterfalls, fiery columns and a water vortex to get out of Atlantis. The story could be: you are working on a uncovering of an ancient temple in Greece? when you find a stone gateway that leads to Atlantis but then wait. You disturbed Poseidon who will know take out all his anger on you and make sure you do not escape his lost city. The ending could be epic with Poseidon vanishing with the help of a giant fireball.

Last edited:
How would they change the story to make the "Mummy physique" version of PF thrilling? I would think they'd keep the facade but completely change the characters and story. Something having to do with Atlantis possibly?

thought i would bring back this thread...when i was younger i always loved lost continent idk something that got my young heart pumping..now it seems like its just an overflow area for harry potter. now dont get me wrong i am a die hard harry potter fan and love harry potter. i just dont see the purpose of lost continent anymore..why didnt they just make all off it harry potter? or if not are they going to expand it? or give it its own ride? just seems to me like lost continent needs some TLC...maybe after jurassic park expansion?

Wonka's chocolate factory would have a lot of material for theming. A glass elevator ride. Doesn't thrill me, but maybe others. Might be good.