Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would rather Christian Bale not come back. I was never a fan of his Batman with throat cancer.

This always gets me. He HAS to have a batman voice. He is Bruce Wayne. He is the most well known person in Gotham city (the biggest city in the world)....people make a living impersonating celebrities, thats how well-known their voices and accents are. If he spoke in his normal voice, especially in front of people he has worked with or knows (Harvey Dent, Lucious Fox, Valcone etc) he would be outed immediately and his family/friends/business would immediately be destroyed.

The batman voice is an absolute necessity.

The batman voice is an absolute necessity.

No it's not. It's a completely ridiculous conceit. The audience has to have a suspension of disbelief, and not changing his voice plays into that.

Besides, if you really think about it, anyone with half a brain would figure out who Batman is anyway.

No it's not. It's a completely ridiculous conceit. The audience has to have a suspension of disbelief, and not changing his voice plays into that.

Besides, if you really think about it, anyone with half a brain would figure out who Batman is anyway.

Chris Nolans Batman is in as realistic of a world as possible. He tried to do everything as if some rich person REALLY fought vigilantly justice at night. If so, and being who is under the mask, he would have to change his voice or else people would say "whoa! he sounds exactly like he does while speaking at a charity event, thats Bruce Wayne!" and THAT would take away the suspension of disbelief imo.

In Nolans world, Batman had to differentiate himself from Bruce, and besides the mask the only other way to do that is change his voice.

Chris Nolans Batman is in as realistic of a world as possible. He tried to do everything as if some rich person REALLY fought vigilantly justice at night. If so, and being who is under the mask, he would have to change his voice or else people would say "whoa! he sounds exactly like he does while speaking at a charity event, thats Bruce Wayne!" and THAT would take away the suspension of disbelief imo.

In Nolans world, Batman had to differentiate himself from Bruce, and besides the mask the only other way to do that is change his voice.

Well, first of all, Nolan's world was, overall, stupid as hell.

Throwing that out, if he had to change his voice, there's a better way to do it then sounding like he was gargling rusty razor blades.

Throwing that out, if he had to change his voice, there's a better way to do it then sounding like he was gargling rusty razor blades.

He also doesn't have to use it....WITH PEOPLE WHO ALREADY KNOW HE'S BATMAN :fist:

Uh... Maybe cause i'm not a comic book...fan...

But the Dark Knight Trilogy were the best superhero movies i've ever seen. (And Superman was terrible, not because of the "darkness" but because of the lack of good character development and a finale that just dragged on and on and on...

Batman Begin, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, and Man Of Steel were all more than satisfying. I don't understand the hate of any of these movies. Nobody is going to change my mind at all on that opinion. Some were better than others but they were all well done. And for those of you who hated Man Of Steel because of the damage that happened to Metropolis, they have said they will address that in Batman Vs. Superman.

Uh... Maybe cause i'm not a comic book...fan...

But the Dark Knight Trilogy were the best superhero movies i've ever seen. (And Superman was terrible, not because of the "darkness" but because of the lack of good character development and a finale that just dragged on and on and on...

The movies were fine for what they were (also, they're totally not superhero movies, for what it's worth), but they were far, far from realistic like so many people claim.

The movies were fine for what they were (also, they're totally not superhero movies, for what it's worth), but they were far, far from realistic like so many people claim.

Also not being a comic book fan, that's why I liked them. I feel like DC takes comic book characters and turns them into movie characters, in movie worlds with movie plots. I feel like Marvel just makes motion comic books. Over the top, overly fantasy.

I think if you wanna compare The Amazing Spider-Man and The Dark Knight Rises and say that TDKR is not generally more realistic than Spider-Man...I don't know what to tell you.

Batman Begin, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, and Man Of Steel were all more than satisfying. I don't understand the hate of any of these movies. Nobody is going to change my mind at all on that opinion. Some were better than others but they were all well done. And for those of you who hated Man Of Steel because of the damage that happened to Metropolis, they have said they will address that in Batman Vs. Superman.

Spot on^^, I don't understand the 'hate' either. One of the arguments I saw mentioned Superman didn't care where as Captain America in the avengers cared about the public, because there was some cheese at the end of a women loving Cap as he saved her, silly stuff. And to people stating TDK trilogy isn't comic book films are clearly wrong, your best reading some of the more renowned graphic novels of Batman. For example: The Killing Joke, Year 1, The Long Halloween, Knightfall, No Man's Land, The Dark Knight Returns, etc.

And before anyone argues "oh it isn't based on comics," it is quite clear that there are influences from all of those comics.

Last edited:
Spot on^^, I don't understand the 'hate' either. One of the arguments I saw mentioned Superman didn't care where as Captain America in the avengers cared about the public, because there was some cheese at the end of a women loving Cap as he saved her, silly stuff.

It wasn't because of the ending. It was because Cap's entire roll on the ground during the New York Invasion was going out of his way to save people. He took a damn grenade and got shot in order to help civilians escape. You saw NONE of that in Metropolis during the "climax" of Man of Steel until it was shoved in to justify Superman killing someone.

And to people stating TDK trilogy isn't comic book films are clearly wrong, your best reading some of the more renowned graphic novels of Batman. For example: The Killing Joke, Year 1, The Long Halloween, Knightfall, No Man's Land, The Dark Knight Returns, etc.

Read all of them. And all of them have a comic book nature lacking in all of the Nolan Batman film. The Dark Knight was great, the other two were okay, but they were not comic book movies or super hero movies by any stretch of the imagination.

It wasn't because of the ending. It was because Cap's entire roll on the ground during the New York Invasion was going out of his way to save people. He took a damn grenade and got shot in order to help civilians escape. You saw NONE of that in Metropolis during the "climax" of Man of Steel until it was shoved in to justify Superman killing someone.

To be fair Superman is Superman but he was pretty much battling himself in the movie(General Zod). And Captain America is battling Loki's lame alien henchman in The Avengers. Not to mention Cap is getting tons of other help with the other Avengers. So I would imagine it's a little more difficult for Clark to save random innocent civilians when he's battling somebody who's just like him or maybe stronger and also on his own. Now if this was a Superman movie where Lex Luthor is the villain I would imagine they would emphasize more on Clark protecting random civilians. So in a way it's realistic and dark in tone in many aspects. But I feel like to re boot Superman it's a good way to go. Just like it was with The Dark Knight Trilogy.

So in a way it's realistic and dark in tone in many aspects.

Yeah, I thought that the two flying, super-strong aliens fighting over Earth literally destroying a city while an anti-gravity gun continued to smash things to change Earths atmosphere to match that of another planet's was pretty realistic as well...

Reactions: Brian G.

To be fair, The Avengers was a team so they could afford the Cap to contain casualties; but I get what you mean. :lol:

Yeah, I thought that the two flying, super-strong aliens fighting over Earth literally destroying a city while an anti-gravity gun continued to smash things to change Earths atmosphere to match that of another planet's was pretty realistic as well...

That's not what I was saying. If Kryptonian's were real and they did battle in a major city that's what would happen. You don't think a city would be destroyed? Of course it would be. It was basically two Superman's battling.

Last edited:
That's not what I was saying. If Kryptonian's were real and they did battle in a major city that's what would happen. You don't think a city would be destroyed? Of course it would be. It was basically two Superman's battling.

Yeah, but why make it realistic when thats never ever going to happen? Superman is a fun and silly premise that shouldve been turned into a fun popcorn movie, not the gloomy and muddled mess it is now.