Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Haha dude, come on, really? Not to call you a liar but I don't know how much your post contributes to this thread without you exposing the true nature of your insider info.

Now that I read it that way, it does sound stupid... :lol:

But it's a friends of friends of family sort of deal, and I don't know a lot. Like I hadn't heard the rumor that JJ Abrams had left. Just some of the ideas thrown around which seem very cool.

Also if you notice I posted that a few months ago--in context, it was just a sort of reassuring comment that there was a good possibility that there wasn't much to worry about and us fans would all be happy. Even if I did know every single detail (which of course I do not) I wouldn't be able to post it. The post you referenced was really just meant as a little positivity towards a movie that's drawn its fair share of doubts among a lot of fans.

Last edited:
Another rumour has started going around that Zac Efron is due to be cast as Luke Skywalker's son. And Ryan Gosling is being cast as Han Solos son. Apparently Goslings reps denied it. But we will wait and see at D23. Gosling is a good actor but not for Star Wars and Zac Efron is just plain horrible.

There's no way that's true. I mean really, Zac Efron...

Him voicing Anakin in the Robot Chicken: Star Wars thing is the closest you'll ever see him get to this franchise.

Last edited:
Big Big Big possible spoilers from Latino Review

‘Palpatine’ Will Return (But Not As A Clone) in ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’
Posted on 8.14.13 by Kellvin Chavez
Last weekend perhaps the biggest news out of the D23 Expo was the lack of ANY NEWS from “Star War: Episode VII.” The fans had every right to boo Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn when he said:
“I do wish I could tell you more but there are dark forces. And they are watching.”
Prior to the presentation Walt Disney Co. chairman and CEO Bob Iger also said:
“Now we’re just as excited as you are about Star Wars: Episode VII. In fact, we’re speechless. At least we’re going to be somewhat speechless at this Expo because we aren’t ready to share some of the details with you just yet.”
BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
As my man El Mayimbe would say, “BUMJUICE!”
So basically they had nothing to show you, and all you got was lip service.
One would think that they would at least give you the title or some casting from the upcoming trilogy, but all you got was what you already know, J.J. Abrams will direct “Star Wars: Episode VII” from a script by Michael Arndt and that John Williams is back to score the next “Star Wars” film, which is set for release in the summer of 2015.
Yadda, yadda, yadda…
Anyway, then came a rumor that actor Ian McDiarmid was to return for a role in the upcoming sequels.
McDiarmid played Emperor Palpatine in the original trilogy and Supreme Chancellor Palpatine in the prequels. As you know in “Return of the Jedi” the Emperor dies, so it was kind of shocking that he will return.
The specifics of McDiarmid’s return was unclear and it was even said he might come back as a clone, like in the comic books.
According to my source, he does come back in a way. Here is what I was told.
Palpatine comes back as a Force Ghost..like Obi Wan. (Sith Lords learned similar techniques, which in some cases allowed them to physically interact with their environment.)
Palpatine will not be a clone, not in human form.
Now here is a HUGE tidbit…
SPOILERS!
Palpatine had a new apprentice before he got killed.
Why would the clone be an old emperor? Go look at some of the old Dark Horse Comics. They cloned the emperor in those comics. Why would they repeat that? Why bring the emperor back to life? That would just be stupid as all hell.
Sorry to geek fans who made up their own world but it just is NOT how it is.
Once again not going by any books. Not one thing they have in the script is from a book.
So there you have it. This is what I was told a while ago but just couldn’t say anything till now.
What do you think? Bitch all you want and let us know what you think in the comments below…

Last weekend perhaps the biggest news out of the D23 Expo was the lack of ANY NEWS from “Star War: Episode VII.” The fans had every right to boo Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn when he said:
“I do wish I could tell you more but there are dark forces. And they are watching.”
“Now we’re just as excited as you are about Star Wars: Episode VII. In fact, we’re speechless. At least we’re going to be somewhat speechless at this Expo because we aren’t ready to share some of the details with you just yet.”
BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
One would think that they would at least give you the title or some casting from the upcoming trilogy, but all you got was what you already know, J.J. Abrams will direct “Star Wars: Episode VII” from a script by Michael Arndt and that John Williams is back to score the next “Star Wars” film, which is set for release in the summer of 2015.
Yadda, yadda, yadda…
Anyway, then came a rumor that actor Ian McDiarmid was to return for a role in the upcoming sequels.
McDiarmid played Emperor Palpatine in the original trilogy and Supreme Chancellor Palpatine in the prequels. As you know in “Return of the Jedi” the Emperor dies, so it was kind of shocking that he will return.
The specifics of McDiarmid’s return was unclear and it was even said he might come back as a clone, like in the comic books.
Palpatine comes back as a Force Ghost..like Obi Wan. (Sith Lords learned similar techniques, which in some cases allowed them to physically interact with their environment.)
SPOILERS!
Why would the clone be an old emperor? Go look at some of the old Dark Horse Comics. They cloned the emperor in those comics. Why would they repeat that? Why bring the emperor back to life? That would just be stupid as all hell.
Once again not going by any books. Not one thing they have in the script is from a book.
So there you have it. This is what I was told a while ago but just couldn’t say anything till now.
What do you think? Bitch all you want and let us know what you think in the comments below…

[video=youtube_share;Drkh0YLF8rI]http://youtu.be/Drkh0YLF8rI[/video]

Does every single Star Wars movie need to be Jedi vs. Sith? The whole mythology of Star Wars offers so much freaking potential, and they seriously just want to stick with the exact same formula every time?

Seriously, they just need to come up with something new, or else people will get even more tired with these movies than they already are now.

Does every single Star Wars movie need to be Jedi vs. Sith? The whole mythology of Star Wars offers so much freaking potential, and they seriously just want to stick with the exact same formula every time?

Seriously, they just need to come up with something new, or else people will get even more tired with these movies than they already are now.

I'd say the original trilogy really wasn't about the Jedi and Sith. That was a background story to the rest.

Jedi vs Sith isn't the problem. The problem is it's the SAME Jedi vs the SAME Sith. Just bring in fresh characters

I'd say the original trilogy really wasn't about the Jedi and Sith. That was a background story to the rest.

Jedi vs Sith isn't the problem. The problem is it's the SAME Jedi vs the SAME Sith. Just bring in fresh characters

I'd agree. I think that was part of the problem with the prequels. Too much like a boring war biopic than an adventure film with interesting character stories.

And in this case, it's a particularly boring and uninteresting character that's being considered.

BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Yadda, yadda, yadda…
SPOILERS!

EDIT: That source... :rofl:

Last edited:
Michael Ardnt has been relieved of writing duties, and supposedly his script has been completely tossed out. JJ Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan have taken over writing duties.

Where are all those posts telling me I was crazy for hating him as the writer...?:boxing:

I can understand why they kicked out Michael Arndt. His style never really seemed right for Star Wars, as they're not supposed to be overly-sentimental films.

But I'm not sure about Lawrence Kasdan. I mean, of course he did spectacular with Empire Strikes Back, but if you look at his recent credits he hasn't exactly been doing so hot.

Episode 7 trailer premiering this Friday at certain theaters across country:

star-wars-trailer-locations-skip.jpg