Star Wars Themed Land Speculation | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars Themed Land Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take a neutered Cars Land and a real Star Wars Land that only includes one new ride over a real Star Wars Land that only includes one new ride and nothing.
Carsland was meant to be DCA's exclusive new area for an underachieving park. I know you know that and I
know it would be about 5-6 years after CL opened by the time it got here, but anything short of a full RSR and the rest of the land (minus Luigi's) would be a disappointment in comparison. I don't know exactly what was on the table, but just demo work won't be cheap for that area. Knowing TDO i'm sure they tried to cut every corner in the books.

I don't want something just dropped there which is pretty much a permanent addition for the foreseeable future just to have something new. The land is very valuable to the park right now and to me, a neutered Carsland isn't worth it.

I don't want something just dropped there which is pretty much a permanent addition for the foreseeable future just to have something new. The land is very valuable to the park right now and to me, a neutered Carsland isn't worth it.

Something > Nothing

Because we won't get anything for a good long while in that land otherwise.

I also wouldn’t want to see a full Carsland but instead a proper expansion of Pixar Place into a full land. They could do this with out to much R&D costs by bring just the RSR potion of carsland over plus the dining and merch bits and then clone the new trackless Ratatouille ride and restaurant from Paris and either Crush Coaster also from Paris or if they wanted to splash the cash maybe the long rumoured MI family coaster. I think these along with TSM that is already there would make for a really well rounded true “Disney” style land and one I would much prefer to Star Wars (I don’t really like the franchise but know I am in the minority of 1 lol)

Something > Nothing

But Nothing Now > Something Cheap Now...when they could just wait and really put in something cool thats not a clone, and not lame, a few years down the road.

But Nothing Now > Something Cheap Now...when they could just wait and really put in something cool thats not a clone, and not lame, a few years down the road.

The Cars Land plan for DHS was not what I'd call cheap. It was just different. The fake RSR was dumb, but the rest would have been basically the same.

And I think people would have learned "a few years down the road" never happens at Disney.

The Cars Land plan for DHS was not what I'd call cheap. It was just different. The fake RSR was dumb, but the rest would have been basically the same.

And I think people would have learned "a few years down the road" never happens at Disney.

It was going to be cheaper than DCA's version, no? I'd call that cheap, because you just can't do CarsLand if it's not on the same scale as DCA's version. Not a lot of people were dying for a Lightning McQueen ride...the sheer massiveness and attention to detail is what makes CarsLand. Building it using less money, therefore diminishing its scale, would be what I'd call a 'cheap' version.

Also, there's a down the road for everything. It's not like Disney just won the lottery and has to build something now. A couple years ago we could've been having this same conversation and you could've said "there's no such thing as 'a few years down the road' at Disney" when talking about a DHS makeover...yet look where we are now.
Not only that, but if Star Wars Land gets built, that means more money and more guests in DHS, meaning more funds to build with and more need to enhance the park. So "a few years down the road" could be a very real thing.

Basically, if Disney has x amount of dollars they want to spend, should they use it all now, or wait for more money, as well as more ideas, to come in? I'd rather just wait for something original and interesting rather than get a crummy off-the-shelf hand-me-down right this very second.

Reactions: Doug A.
It was going to be cheaper than DCA's version, no? I'd call that cheap, because you just can't do CarsLand if it's not on the same scale as DCA's version. Not a lot of people were dying for a Lightning McQueen ride...the sheer massiveness and attention to detail is what makes CarsLand. Building it using less money, therefore diminishing its scale, would be what I'd call a 'cheap' version.

Also, there's a down the road for everything. It's not like Disney just won the lottery and has to build something now. A couple years ago we could've been having this same conversation and you could've said "there's no such thing as 'a few years down the road' at Disney" when talking about a DHS makeover...yet look where we are now.
Not only that, but if Star Wars Land gets built, that means more money and more guests in DHS, meaning more funds to build with and more need to enhance the park. So "a few years down the road" could be a very real thing.

Basically, if Disney has x amount of dollars they want to spend, should they use it all now, or wait for more money, as well as more ideas, to come in? I'd rather just wait for something original and interesting rather than get a crummy off-the-shelf hand-me-down right this very second.

Wow Tyler.... I agree with you again. I would rather a good Star Wars Land now and something better later.

But what if they drop the ball on Star Wars Land? They hit a home run with Carsland... I'm not a Star Wars nut at all but if done right it could be amazing but looking at recent Disney attractions that's a pretty big if!

How about 86 avatar and have Star Wars land and Carsland at DHS.
For Carsland to work you need RSR and the town and probably Maters but eff luigis.
I am a huge RsR fan, an attraction hasn't moved me like that since TOT!

As for dinosaur turning into Indy we'd all love that but I can't see it happening.

Something > Nothing

No. Briman is right. You may not care about the long run because you want something now, but I'd rather they not screw up that park more than it already is. If offered, i'd take a proper expansion every time over "something" just to fulfill fanboys need for something new.

I understand the park is hurting, but adding something for the sake of adding something is pointless.

It just amazes me.

"Someday we'll get EPCOT that's good again!"

"Someday we're going to get a great Beastly Kingdomme!"

"Someday we'll get that DCA level makeover for DHS!"

"Someday, I wanna be a real boy!"

:tinkerbell:
Make a joke about it all you want (and i'm not giving Disney a pass on the lack of additions to Epcot, DAK or DHS lately - and even MK), but i'd rather they use valuable land for something that is more than a passing phase, especially if it is a simplified version of it. I simply want them to do something right with the space that will be a long lasting addition.

What if the dumbed down Carsland turned out to be crap and worse than what's already there? Trust me, I hate the Backlot Tour and LMA as much as the next guy, but I'd rather them build something out of this world than a copied land with a flat ride and a D Ticket dark ride instead of the E Ticket.

I can be patient. Wait until there is a concept for smart use of the land. With Universal demanding more of my vacation time, I dont have much for WDW anyway.

It just amazes me.

"Someday we'll get EPCOT that's good again!"

"Someday we're going to get a great Beastly Kingdomme!"

"Someday we'll get that DCA level makeover for DHS!"

"Someday, I wanna be a real boy!"

:tinkerbell:

This post makes absolutely no sense. A few years ago, people were saying:

"Someday I want them to fix DCA!"

"Someday I want a Star Wars land to come to DHS!"

with equally absurd responses...yet now DCA is fixed and Star Wars Land is rumored. This is one of the most ridiculous things Ive ever heard...the thing about things being in the future is that you cant tell when theyre going to happen. You cant just sit here and say nothing will ever happen and that everyone is foolish in thinking that because thats just how the future works.

Will we ever get Beastly Kingdom? Probably not. But can you automatically just assume that after this rumor goes through nothing else will ever go there is as short-sighted as saying 10,000 Leagues will remain an empty plot, Test Track will remain a bland old ride, no rides will ever get refurb'd, and Star Wars will never come to Disney, ever.

It just amazes me.

I see where you're coming from. But I don't believe Disney will be in a downward turn forever. Something has got to give at some point. Now, a long time from now might be a LONG time from now. But with all the problems around the resort, I don't think it's worth getting upset about not getting a proper expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.