Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin

My 2 cents: good theming, difficulties with the merge point area, ride is too short and uninteresting, penguin viewing area is excellent. Th food court area has some good, different choices. Also the all day Coke Freestyle cup is located there and is a good value.

Rode it last night and there have def been changes. There's more narration explaining what your doing (That you're with Puck on the ice flow), and they seemed to have added more movement and more time in the 'cave' and added more scenery.

I'll give it a week, maybe if the wait is low I'll do it again.

The ride was a failure and one of the biggest wastes of my time in theme park history. I regret waiting 3 hours.

Just to add my 2ct after riding it in July... It was neat. Well done but the RIDE itself lacks a LOT... I bet there is a lot of potential with this ridesystem but how it is done right now it is not very inspiring!
Just nice sparcling lights and some turns doesn´t make a good ride.

I liked the penguins display though!

Just to add my 2ct after riding it in July... It was neat. Well done but the RIDE itself lacks a LOT... I bet there is a lot of potential with this ridesystem but how it is done right now it is not very inspiring!
Just nice sparcling lights and some turns doesn´t make a good ride.

I liked the penguins display though!

That's probably the nicest review of this ride I've seen yet. :rofl:

After giving this ride some time to sink in and riding it multiple times, I have come to actually really enjoy the ride for what it is. I think my main gripe with dark rides recently is that they are relying more and more on screens instead of physical sets. I still favor older dark rides because of that very reason. Screens are okay in some circumstances, but only if they are done exceptionally well, and in this case they are done pretty poorly. The rooms before and after the screens are great, though, and is what would make me want to ride again.

That's probably the nicest review of this ride I've seen yet. :rofl:

Thanks :) Well, to be honest I was the only one being nice about the ride!
Well, we were there July 18th and it was a 3 hour wait when we headed there the first time! (NO WAY!) After a storm we headed there again and it was 10 min. Even THAT was more than I would wait for it again...

Nothing wrong with the penguins or the rooms prior the ride. But come on, there HAS to be a better way to execute this ride :)
If I imagine what I had done if I waited 3 hours in line for THAT... Whow... :)

This is how I imagine the Antarctica design process went.

Boss: Come up with an amazing new attraction Mr. Designer
Designer: I'll put it some amazing rockwork, a unique ride system, great sets to start the ride off...
Boss: The deadline has been cut, finish it by tomorrow!
Designer: Crap. I'll throw in these two screens in unthemed rooms, and then bam! Real penguins!

I bet the design a penguin cups get higher CS scores that Empire of the Penguin :lol: