Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation | Page 102 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
guy sorry my bad... i was at work when i watched the video and did not realize that i was looking at hollywoods video....sorry for the confusion!!!

but wait HHN Hollywood and orlando had the same commercial last year....maybe it will be a repeat for both again this year...

Last edited:
guy sorry my bad... i was at work when i watched the video and did not realize that i was looking at hollywoods video....sorry for the confusion!!!

but wait HHN Hollywood and orlando had the same commercial last year....maybe it will be a repeat for both again this year...

Nah, I think Hollywood has the same commercial because they have the same tagline this year. Orlando is probably going to get a brand new commercial.

So, 5 Scarezone have been announced--however, IIRC, there were 9 "ice cream flavors" on the casting list. Also very early rumors suggested a mix of SZs and hordes. Any chance we might get 4 hordes (IP or non-IP) roaming the park as an unannounced surprise?

Some of the zones are unlisted and one of the zones will roam....kinda.

Is anyone else surprised that Shrek 4D will be open? Universal realizes that the Shrek 4D crowd and the HHN crowd don't overlap right? haha.

Why not the HORROR make-up show? or even ET?

Is anyone else surprised that Shrek 4D will be open? Universal realizes that the Shrek 4D crowd and the HHN crowd don't overlap right? haha.

We discussed that a few pages back, we believe the reason is simply because Shrek takes way less workforce to run than E.T.

But a Horror Nights edition of HMUS would be amazing, I have to admit.

Like Cupcakes said, ET and Horror Make-up are more expensive to operate than Shrek 4-D. There was also a discussion about the cluster**** that would be the ET entrance considering the Walking Dead will start its queue line up there.

But I disagree that the HHN audience and Shrek audience don't mix. We are a poor sample to gauge the general opinion of Shrek. It still gets great numbers. And it's a relaxing/refreshing change of pace for tired/worn out visitors. Not to mention alcohol goes with HHN, and alcohol and Shrek seem like a no-brainer.

Also, I've heard that they are trying to push sales for Shrek merchandise, and with inventory having just been done, they may have a bunch of leftover Shrek stuff they want to sell, which is best done by pushing people out the Shrek door and into the gift shop---that's just a guess though.

I think another reason is that they're simply trying to increase capacity for HHN, and Shrek's really the only thing there that they can open. As explained here before, Twister's queue is used for house queues, so no go there, Disaster would also be a no presumably because the off TV screens makes it a bit awkward, and E.T. can't be used for a multitude of reasons.

Last edited:
But I disagree that the HHN audience and Shrek audience don't mix. We are a poor sample to gauge the general opinion of Shrek. It still gets great numbers. And it's a relaxing/refreshing change of pace for tired/worn out visitors. Not to mention alcohol goes with HHN, and alcohol and Shrek seem like a no-brainer.

I have to agree with this. The 20-somethings who make up the target HHN audience grew up with the movies--I think it was Star Wars Weekends, but I remember being out this year and vaguely shocked that college-age kids sing along to "All Star" like my generation sang along to Bon Jovi. (Goes without saying, Bon Jovi > at least 100 other bands > Smash Mouth) If playing on Gen Y nostalgia can get a thousand or so bodies an hour off the street, more power to them. Even if I'd rather have Horror & Make Up.