Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars Weekends 2013

I have never attended a Star Wars Weekend at DHS, are they worth attending?

If you are a Star Wars fan and into the M&Gs with the actors and Disney characters then for sure its worth going. Even as a casual fan its fun to see the parade and the extra shows that they do, Hypersapace Hoopla is pretty fun to watch. I wouldn't personally go out of my and plan a trip around it though, but that is just me.

I have never attended a Star Wars Weekend at DHS, are they worth attending?

I hadn't gone to one until 2010. I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan & now I feel like anytime I go to WDW it HAS to be planned during SWW. I've got to meet Billy Dee Williams (Lando), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett), & on a lesser but still neat note Jake Lloyd (Little Anakin).

Unfortunately, to meet those people I had to stand in line at DHS at about 6am until they opened the park to get Fast Passes for the autograph signings but for a big fan like me, it's beyond worth the experience to meet some of the actors, especially from the original trilogy.

This happened......

For the first time in Star Wars Weekends history, Disney Gift Cards will be offering four unique Star Wars-themed Disney Gift Card designs. Each week during Star Wars Weekends a new design will become available. They can be found at Disney’s Hollywood Studios during the following weekends.

• Weekend 1: Skywalker Mickey, May 17
  • Weekend 2: Darth Donald, May 24
  • Weekend 3: Yoda Stitch, May 31
  • Weekend 4: Darth Goofy, June 7
ij3EgXQJmxY16.jpg

As a fun added bonus, each card features a hidden Mickey.

"Yoda Stitch" is a thing now. :doh:

Sorry its been so long since I've replied on here, but the trip to DHS for two of the Sundays that SWW took place it was so awesome that I convinced by friend to come back and visit the 2nd time. If anyone is planning to do DHS around the same time next year and is a Star Wars fan its sooo worth it :)
Darth Mall's Mall was fab....although I didn't quite manage to get the name tag/pin that was available on the first visit, sold out by the second visit :(