Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 556 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
This ride is awesome, got to ride it back in June when it was a 'technical rehearsal', it broke down whilst we were in line, but after a bit of a wait was up and running again.

Apparently the weather has made people stay home or go home... TF only had a 15 min wait at 12 midday!

I was able to ride this ride on HHN finally.
I have to say I really love it. Wow, this ride is really amazing. I think I like it a little bit more than Spider man

Finally rode. Holy crap what a ride. It feels completely and utterly real throughout. Not as good as Forbidden Journey or Spider-man, but another complete home run for the resort.

Now that it is all complete, do you still hate the exterior themeing as much as you did earlier?

I know you were asking Skip, but I'll chime in too since I wasn't its biggest fan during construction - in the grand scheme of things, I think it's worth it. I would've made some aesthetic choices differently, but I think the benefits the ride brings to the park far outweigh the detractions. Sight lines aren't damaged as much as I was expecting.

Now that it is all complete, do you still hate the exterior themeing as much as you did earlier?

It's still completely hideous and awful, but the ride is amazing. I don't like what they did with the exterior one bit. It does nothing to help the look of that area of the park.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the benefits the ride brings to the park far outweigh the detractions.

Agreed, overall.

I'm a hillbilly from WV, so my only taste is in my mouth, but I really like the show building's themeing. Music and all. Soooo Transformery! Hell, Rockit STILL sticks out above it. Throw in the CineSpec barges and the view of that end of the lagoon screams "Badass Theme Park". Compared to 2 years ago you had scary alien eggs in the lagoon, vacant building, sky!

I'll take the changes and be thrilled.

Reactions: Hockeyman55
I'm a hillbilly from WV, so my only taste is in my mouth, but I really like the show building's themeing. Music and all. Soooo Transformery! Hell, Rockit STILL sticks out above it. Throw in the CineSpec barges and the view of that end of the lagoon screams "Badass Theme Park". Compared to 2 years ago you had scary alien eggs in the lagoon, vacant building, sky!

I'll take the changes and be thrilled.

Rockit is the worst. I wish it would collapse into a spontaneous black hole and disappear forever.

The music around TF is superb, and the meet and great area is themed well. But the building is an ugly grey box.

I would have liked it better if they had themed the building as some kind of waterfront warehouse and have the story be that it's NEST's secret base. The sheer size of the building would make it stand out still, but at least it would've fit with New York better.