Springfield Expansion | Page 314 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^hmm maintenance already on two vehicles ?

Could be working an issue out or could be the start of annual maintenance. The RVs on each ride to through daily, weekly, monthly and annual maintenance. But you can't just wait for the ride to be open a year, or all the RVs would be due at the same time.

Could be working an issue out or could be the start of annual maintenance. The RVs on each ride to through daily, weekly, monthly and annual maintenance. But you can't just wait for the ride to be open a year, or all the RVs would be due at the same time.
Wouldn't it make more sense to have a spare RV or two?

Wouldn't it make more sense to have a spare RV or two?

I am with you here. I have never seen other flat rides with missing vehicles. Unless the spares have not come in or there is actually something else wrong with those vehicles or all the vehicles and they are slowly fixing them.

I am with you here. I have never seen other flat rides with missing vehicles. Unless the spares have not come in or there is actually something else wrong with those vehicles or all the vehicles and they are slowly fixing them.

Yes its usual for there to be a spare, I was just throwing out what could be happening. Either way (annual maint or issue with vehicle) you would think they would swap it with spare. So maybe spares aren't here yet?

Yes its usual for there to be a spare, I was just throwing out what could be happening. Either way (annual maint or issue with vehicle) you would think they would swap it with spare. So maybe spares aren't here yet?
Seems like a sound theory to me. I mean, they probably are still working out an issue or two since it hasn't been around so long.

I know this has been brought up before but what is the hold up on the new map style that was to include Springfield and Kang and Kodos on them. HTF gave a date that has long since passed.

Waiting on approved artwork from the MAN. This is what happens when you deal with one of the largest IP's in the world...

Finally got to experience the new Springfield stuff last night at horror nights. It's alright I guess, didn't go into any of the food places just kinda strolled around. It's definitely a nice use of theming out that area. Did notice though it takes away from the horror nights feel, felt like a carnival right in the middle of hhn. Not that Universal could really help that, just observing.

Finally got to experience the new Springfield stuff last night at horror nights. It's alright I guess, didn't go into any of the food places just kinda strolled around. It's definitely a nice use of theming out that area. Did notice though it takes away from the horror nights feel, felt like a carnival right in the middle of hhn. Not that Universal could really help that, just observing.

You guess it's alright? You must have VERY VERY high expectations. Yes, It might look like a carnival during HHN because the park isn't all about HHN, it's only for two months of the year. I personally think the area looks great.

Did notice though it takes away from the horror nights feel, felt like a carnival right in the middle of hhn. Not that Universal could really help that, just observing.
I very much disagree with your second point! This is something I've thought about a LOT lately.
If both companies wanted to, they could have an annual overlay for HHN in the area! There's more than enough material to draw from, from character overlays for M&Gs to area music that matches both themes. I think the area has a LOT of potential for Halloween!

I would love it if they could do something involving Treehouse of Horrors during HHN, but Universal would probably have to do a heck of a lot of negotiating with Fox for something like that to happen.

"alright" is all you give it? What exactly were you expecting? The expansion is a massive improvement over what used to be there and really makes you feel like you are in Springfield. And Universal isn't going to base their theming around one event that runs for a month and a half.

I very much disagree with your second point! This is something I've thought about a LOT lately.
If both companies wanted to, they could have an annual overlay for HHN in the area! There's more than enough material to draw from, from character overlays for M&Gs to area music that matches both themes. I think the area has a LOT of potential for Halloween!

I think you are right. They can do a lot and I think they will. But it was way too soon this year. They still haven't worked out all the kinks of the Simpson's area and therefore doing an overlay this year was probably not possible. But if it fits into HHN next year, they may try to do something like that.

I think you are right. They can do a lot and I think they will. But it was way too soon this year. They still haven't worked out all the kinks of the Simpson's area and therefore doing an overlay this year was probably not possible. But if it fits into HHN next year, they may try to do something like that.
I was about to post the same thing...the first year they seem to be very held back in terms of testing the waters for what they can do for holidays (Harry Potter for Christmas)..I would expect a chill Simpson-y Halloween/Christmas area next year

Oh, absolutely. I mean, the thing isn't even on the map yet!
Though I did notice at HHN tonight, that the photo op on the couch was finally open! No one was taking advantage yet, though.

Just got confirmation that I'm going to universal for spring break and grad night. Can't wait to ride twurl n hurl, despicable me, and transformers and eat at fast food boulevard and can't wait to buy a lot of merchandise especially for my new favorite t.v. show the Simpsons. I wasn't really into the Simpsons until I came in this thread and then fell in love with tapped out. I pretty much got my whole house opinion on the simpsons from being the ip of our favorite ride at universal to watching the movie everyday for the whole summer (I'm not kidding) and the tv show every Sunday. I plan on spending a lot in Springfield alone. I know from pics I want the squishee souvenir cup, homer slippers, collection of the whole family plushes and krusty, a Bart hoodie and the Apu uniform shirt + more when I get there. Anyone know how much that is? I wish universal put the Simpsons merch online like the other major ips I already know how much I need to save for despicable me merchandise.

It looks better than previews HHN years actually. that area I mean. I love that the Springfield Expansion gave life to this side of the park. Before this side was mostly dead, I don't know about you but I remember nothing going on in here for HHN before.
Sure, there is nothing HHN related. But all the lights and all the people around made this side of the park really really nice. I loved it. It is really cool to be able to eat and relax if you are tired of doing the houses and the scarezones as well.
I see this expansion as a big win win, not only for the park, but for HHN as well.