Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

King Kong Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
HTF why you post this in normal thread??? I though you only did this stuff in the stash?

All the problems with the site, thats why. Can't go into to much detail but in time we will.

Even though I'm annoyed we have to put up with Disaster now. This sounds a heck of a lot better than what we originally thought! But I'm confused, is JP still getting an expansion or a major new ride???

I'm ok with Disaster staying. We usually skip it but it gets decent crowds.

I'm excited about this possible attraction. It sounds like it will be a great addition to the park.

I can't imagine what Universal could do with a Kong-sized budget. It's amazing what they've produced on chump change compared to Disney.

The only thing that gives me pause (other than the too-good-to-be-true that everyone's feeling) is the fact that we would lose the literary theme cohesion. Although to be fair, King Kong was released as a book prior to the film (but really just serving as a marketing tool for the movie).

Last edited:
What was Harry Potters 1st Phase budget?

Total budget for Phase 1 was 240 Million and unless I'm mistaken came in at 265 Million. Original FJ ride was well in excess of 100 million and what we got came in between 85-90 million... Diagon on the other hand has a budget in great excess of 400 million.

I guessed 250 mil on Twitter but think I over shot that a lot :lol: Im going to guess again and say 150 mil.

So FJ cost less than 100 Mil. Anyone know how much Little Mermaid ride cost?

I guessed 250 mil on Twitter but think I over shot that a lot :lol: Im going to guess again and say 150 mil.

So FJ cost less than 100 Mil. Anyone know how much Little Mermaid ride cost?

LM cost in excess of 100 million... As for my clue I'm talking specifically in reference to FJ in terms of budget and not all of phase 1. It's a ride I'm referring to people not a land. :thumbs:

I'm curious to hear more about what the Kong Land surrounding the ride will be like? Any additional attractions? I presume there will be food options?

LM cost in excess of 100 million... As for my clue I'm talking specifically in reference to FJ in terms of budget and not all of phase 1. It's a ride I'm referring to people not a land. :thumbs:

Yeah my first guess was the whole land. Second how ridiculous is it that LM cost more then FJ :bang:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm curious to hear more about what the Kong Land surrounding the ride will be like? Any additional attractions? I presume there will be food options?

I think from what HTF has mentioned, it will be a mini land themed to Skull Island from the movie. Not sure how much more they will fit in that area

Status
Not open for further replies.