Favorite Theme Park Music | Inside Universal Forums

Favorite Theme Park Music

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which park has the BEST music

• Epcot

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Islands of Adventure

Votes: 33 61.1%
  • Magic Kingdom

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Sea World

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Animal Kingdom

• Universal Studios

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Hollywood Studios

• Total voters
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
So after listening to the Epcot main entrance loop I was tempted to see where everyone else was with theme park music...so here it is, Which theme park has the best tunes..from entrance medleys to rides to shows..which park has the best composed tunes?

Samples::

SEA WORLD
[video=youtube;d_9LmzO8Juk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_9LmzO8Juk[/video]

ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE
[video=youtube;NPz37Uo849w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPz37Uo849w&list=PLCC888152710161E0[/video]

EPCOT
[video=youtube;_kZDScT9wz0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kZDScT9wz0[/video]

Last edited:
Tough call between MK and IOA, but i gotta go with MK on this one. Yeah, it did give us It's a Small World and whatever pop song is playing at Club 626 ( :bang: ), but it also did give up Grim Grinning Ghosts, Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, and a bunch of other stuff. Plus you gotta love that background music.

It was between IOA and Epcot for me, but I ultimately went with IOA. Nothing beats the way the Port of Entry transitions through the land, or passing underneath the Jurassic Park arches and hearing John Williams' score swell. I love how each island has a distinct soundtrack which adds even further character to each island.

I miss the music that would play in Merlinwood.

I love epcot, especially Illuminations post show with the old tapestry of nations song, all the millennium celebration songs from epcot are great, and love the entrance music.

I picked Epcot. It was between that and IOA, but I just feel that Epcot's music is a lot more original and emotionally-charged. There's definitely genius in the music that comprises IOA, but nothing is comparable to Illuminations, Spaceship Earth, or Future World in terms of inspiration. Plus, all the countries are given great BGM that really help in the overall immersion. I think that Epcot is many people's favorite Disney park despite not having many rides because of those little things you can't put your finger on, and music is definitely one of them.

That's a tough one! IOA's music is pretty epic, but Epcot is amazing in so many ways from both in and out of rides and shops. I went with Epcot simply because there are sections of IOA that are definitely weaker.

I definitely would have voted for HHN 23 to have the best overall music but that wasn't an option. Seriously, who wouldn't love to hear some more Walking Dead theme song right now? :bolt:

That's a tough one! IOA's music is pretty epic, but Epcot is amazing in so many ways from both in and out of rides and shops. I went with Epcot simply because there are sections of IOA that are definitely weaker.

I definitely would have voted for HHN 23 to have the best overall music but that wasn't an option. Seriously, who wouldn't love to hear some more Walking Dead theme song right now? :bolt:

Please leave the thread immediately :p

Well not walking dead but i did enjoy the HHN23 music that was everywhere else in the park....i actually loved it!!! liked the upbeats

When I was a child my mom would leave me at the babysitters house and she'll play me this whole DVD like every other day. Just a couple weeks ago I stumbled across it on youtube, and it was nostalgic. This was in Disneyland but Mk and DL share the same music.

Love the first song in part 1:
[video=youtube;wHwrNRIVP-o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHwrNRIVP-o[/video]

As a child, thinking that the characters would stock the shelves and clean the park made it so much cooler.
It gets me kinda sad and reminds me of how fast time goes by. Some songs are zip-a-dee-doo-dah, its a small world, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

[video=youtube;KfCDuPQ4CvE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfCDuPQ4CvE[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

My favorite part when I was smaller would be the haunted mansion song on the 3rd video.

[video=youtube;ZE7_fgRPwgI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE7_fgRPwgI[/video]

Maybe some of you guys have seen it when you were younger.

Last edited:
^WOW those bring back a lot of memories!! I remember those songs playing all day when the kids were little :lol: They should make more videos like these...

Tough call between MK and IOA, but i gotta go with MK on this one. Yeah, it did give us It's a Small World and whatever pop song is playing at Club 626 ( :bang: ), but it also did give up Grim Grinning Ghosts, Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, and a bunch of other stuff. Plus you gotta love that background music.

This exactly, for me. Plus adventure land music, zip a dee doo da, the tomorrow land loop and wishes. Can't beat it!

Honorable mention to "Junktime Rag" and "Winter Garden Rag" by Rick Benjamin and The Paragon Ragtime Orchestra, which both play on Main Street, USA. Those may be my two favorite pieces of background music in any theme park, but Epcot's is better all around.

In general I think that Island's of Adventure has the most immersive soundtrack. Jurassic Park Cylpso is amazing, and all the other songs are absolutely fantastic and set the mood perfectly. Overall I find the soundtrack to just be so captivating and for it to tell a story all in it's self.

For holidays' I think Universal Studios has the best soundtrack. Sure hearing Walking Dead on repeat got boring, but for the most part they have great soundtracks. I love the Mardi Gras soundtrack, love the ominous ambiance that is created during Halloween and despite most of the songs being from The Grinch I REALLY enjoy the Christmas music.

Most magical, yeah, that's Magic Kingdom. Hands down. All around a great soundtrack. It just doesn't tell a story as well as Islands of Adventure.

Islands of Adventure for sure. Most notably Port of Entry and Marvel Superhero Island. There's no better feeling then getting up early and heading for a great day at the Islands and hearing that Port of Entry music as you get closer to the entrance. Marvel just has so many catchy rock songs I've been dying for years to have the whole loop. The music around the rest of the park is great too. Jurassic Park, Harry Potter, heck even Seuss Landing. Love hearing it all

Tough game, Tough game!

It's definitely down to IOA or Epcot! I'd have to go back and listen to the soundtrack for the two parks before I choose the winner for me.