Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 77 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the ePassport for Annual Passholders:

"Come and Celebrate All of Harry's Adventures
January 24 - 26, 2014

[ ... BLAH BLAH BLAH ... ]

In addition, guests of the event will be the first to hear exclusive news about The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ - Diagon Alley™."

Do you really think that they'll mention anything more than what they're planning on revealing the day before in the video on the 23rd??? (That's not meant to sound sarcastic btw.)

Oh, and HTF, should we assume you don't really know the purpose of the tiny window on the end of Grimmauld? I haven't seen you comment one way or the other.

Teebs got a picture for reference? Or a moment in that video I should look at?

- - - Updated - - -

Loved the video. It was excellent to use with the pause button numerous times. So, a 6 minute video became a 25 minute video for me.

Some of those aspects were shot for you and another specifically

Teebs got a picture for reference? Or a moment in that video I should look at?

GRIM_WIN_zps243d5446.jpg

Negative Teebs sorry don't know anything about that little window. While I was looking to see what you were talking about I thought you were referencing the small square openings on the front of the facade. Thats a whole different story but sorry I couldn't help on this one.

Grimmauld is such a mystery to me. I feel like there has to be more to it than just a glorified guest barrier. From the seemingly strange open-back construction process to the tiny window and the functioning door on Number 12.

The concept art clearly shows the front door open and light coming from inside. Artistic embellishment? I just don't know.

Last edited:
This Grimmauld has been such a hair puller for me. If the old regulars here recall, way back during the flat dirt stage, I was kvetching as to why the concrete forms were sunk into the ground in a row before there was any building. I recall saying "I think it is something special". Little did I figure...

Please realize, I am not a "Potter Fan". I am a design and execution fan, and it so happens that Potter demands the whole shebang. It demands so damn much of engineers and designers, sculptors and painters etc. It kills me.

Oh, and HTF, should we assume you don't really know the purpose of the tiny window on the end of Grimmauld? I haven't seen you comment one way or the other.

That window is, indeed, perplexing. Maybe they will be using projection effects to create 'shadows' of the Grimmauld inhabitants for this and the front windows (similar to what they did with Dobby in the Three Broomsticks). Still, that doesn't quite explain why they placed only one, lone window on this wall.

According to code, a bedroom must have two means of egress. However, not any window will do. It must have a minimum opening area of 5.7 sq. feet, a minimum opening height of 24 inches, and a minimum opening width of 20 inches. Don't know the specific codes for Florida but there are general requirements to all habitable rooms.

The reason for that window is so plain and simple it's not funny: it was put there to drive Teebin (and other engineering/construction nerds) absolutely batsh*t crazy.

Well played, Universal. Well played. :lol:

Thanks for the Video HTF. Love how you went into bullet time a few times, very cool.
I think AK-Jake is actually right (in a way). I just think they put that window there to make people thinking about what it could be. Add a light effect at night that makes it look like a shadow and it'll drive people nuts. ;-)

Now that Stash Members have had a preview of this it's time for it to hit the public forum. I hope you all enjoy and I encourage you to guess the rest of the labeled points. Enjoy!

Lets start shall we, and let me just say none of this is confirmed or endorsed by Universal and is therefore considered rumored locations. These are strictly my opinion and I take full credit but mostly blame for whatever is correct and or wrong. I can only talk about what I have been shown or "overheard" so as always take it for what its worth :thumbs:

1. Gringotts Show building (More to come at a later date)
1.1 Entrance
1.2 Lockers
1.3 Ride Vehicle Test Seat
1.4 Extended queue "large area not accurately depicted"
1.5 ULTRA Extended Queue (Covered Outdoors)

2. North Station (Further Detail to come)

3. Borgin and Bourkes

4. Ollivanders
4.1 Show Entrance into highly themed interior queue
4.2 Show Room 1
4.3 Show Room 2
4.4 Show Room 3

5. Flourish and Botts

6. Weasley's Wizard Wheezes

7. Leaky Cauldron (same set up as Three Broomsticks)
7.1 LC Entrance and Interior Queue
7.2 LC Order
7.3 LC Food Pickup
7.4 LC Kitchen
7.5 LC Seating Hall

8. Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment (Gringotts Exit Shop)

9. Gringotts Teller (Money Exchange but souvenir money only)

More to come…

Now that Stash Members have had a preview of this it's time for it to hit the public forum. I hope you all enjoy and I encourage you to guess the rest of the labeled points. Enjoy!

Lets start shall we, and let me just say none of this is confirmed or endorsed by Universal and is therefore considered rumored locations. These are strictly my opinion and I take full credit but mostly blame for whatever is correct and or wrong. I can only talk about what I have been shown or "overheard" so as always take it for what its worth :thumbs:

1. Gringotts Show building (More to come at a later date)
1.1 Entrance
1.2 Lockers
1.3 Ride Vehicle Test Seat
1.4 Extended queue "large area not accurately depicted"
1.5 ULTRA Extended Queue (Covered Outdoors)

2. North Station (Further Detail to come)

3. Borgin and Bourkes

4. Ollivanders
4.1 Show Entrance into highly themed interior queue
4.2 Show Room 1
4.3 Show Room 2
4.4 Show Room 3

5. Flourish and Botts

6. Weasley's Wizard Wheezes

7. Leaky Cauldron (same set up as Three Broomsticks)
7.1 LC Entrance and Interior Queue
7.2 LC Order
7.3 LC Food Pickup
7.4 LC Kitchen
7.5 LC Seating Hall

8. Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment (Gringotts Exit Shop)

9. Gringotts Teller (Money Exchange but souvenir money only)

More to come…

HTF....the amount of love I have for you posting this right now... :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.