The Old KidZone Thread | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old KidZone Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ That definitely is/was in the talks. I think they might be giving Nick its own area in the third gate tho

Toys/video games with an overarching theme of imagination would be an amazing 3rd gate (if only Transformers hadn't been built in USF :lol:)

My Little Pony
Fisher Price/Playskool for the Fantasyland-style area
Board games (Candy Land, Battleship, Monopoly, etc)
TMNT
Thundercats
Skylanders
Hello Kitty
G.I. Joe
Nintendo
8 bit arcade games (before Disney makes a Wreck it Ralph attraction)
Halo (they could adapt it into a PG-13 attraction)
World of Warcraft
Hot Wheels/Matchbox
Barbie

There's a quite a few possiblities with that theme

Hasbro and Mattel would have to agree to work with each other... as would Nintendo, Microsoft and possibly Namco/Capcom

Nintendoland...

goomba.jpg

Illumination announced their 2016 movie will be "Pets" starring Louis CK, Eric Stonestreet, and Kevin Hart. Think this could be Kidzone's big ride? http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/chr...n-hart-for-3d-animated-pets-pic-at-universal/

Anybody notice Despicable Me 3's release date??? 2017. With that and Minions, there should be enough content... But then again, the debate about "they won't split up the same IP in the same park" will inevitably pop up again.

Anybody notice Despicable Me 3's release date??? 2017. With that and Minions, there should be enough content... But then again, the debate about "they won't split up the same IP in the same park" will inevitably pop up again.

Minions will be successful the first weekend but Ant Man opens the next weekend and will probably be overshadowed by that.

Minions will be successful the first weekend but Ant Man opens the next weekend and will probably be overshadowed by that.

I don't know though, Despicable Me is already a proven success and people are familiar with it. Despicable Me 2 was the 2nd highest grossing film of 2013 with over $900 million. Ant-Man on the other hand... I know it's MARVEL and all, but it's not going to pull as big of crowds like Iron Man or Thor or Spider-Man.

Ant Man was always one of Marvel's weakest original characters. Sales were not very good & they morphed him into Giant Man etc. I can't see this doing big numbers like IM, Spidey, FF, Thor, Avengers, C.A. etc. It kind of reminds me of Honey I Shrunk the Kids on steroids, if you've ever read any of the old Silver Age comics.

All that means is that it'll make at least $100 million... %150-170 million DOM is likely considering Minions, Terminator and Pan will all come out around the same time

I'd expect at least 200 mil domestically, no way it only ends up in the 100 mil range.

The film is toy story but swapped with pets... But hey, anything for KZ is great.

Essentially, but fortunately Louis CK has me interested.

Question. Does Disney own ALL of the rights to Peter Pan? Because I know there's a few different pan reboots coming out within the next few years and I was wondering if they own all the rights to those specific stories or characters?

The story of Peter Pan is in public domain meaning anyone can do their version of it as long as it doesn't infringe on Disney's version in some way. The same goes for Alice in Wonderland and just about any other story used by Disney to make a movie. They're all public domain and can be reinterpreted by anyone. The Wizard of Oz as well which is why Universal owns Wicked while the Wizard of Oz film is owned by Warner Brothers (after they purchased the MGM library).

Status
Not open for further replies.