"Wild Days" Kicks off 2014 at SeaWorld Orlando | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

"Wild Days" Kicks off 2014 at SeaWorld Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We end the day at Dinner with Jack Hanna . . .

"Jungle" Jack greeting the dinner crowd and giving us and up close with three cats and a Q&A.
DJH-001.jpg

DJH-002.jpg

DJH-003.jpg

DJH-004.jpg

DJH-005.jpg

DJH-006.jpg

DJH-007.jpg

DJH-008.jpg

Moya the cheetah and his canine companion Carlisle
DJH-009.jpg

DJH-010.jpg

Farewell all
DJH-011.jpg

The food was some of the best theme park food I've ever had. Once again, I did not remember to take pictures until we had already started eating. :blank:

Great update Bob. :thumbs::thumbs:

Do you know if the "Shamu: Up Close" experience is a chargeable tour, like the Dolphins Up Close is? Also, do you know if this will still be in place after One Ocean re opens?

Sorry to fire questions at you like your a SW Guest Relations operator, but you do seem to have a wealth of knowledge. :hail:

Shamu Up Close is free to everyone in lieu of One Ocean, and once One Ocean comes back, it will be discontinued.

Jack Hanna talks about SeaWorld, conservation, Dawn and "that documentary" at SeaWorld's Wild Days! 2014

[video=youtube_share;LAL4p1BHqLw]http://youtu.be/LAL4p1BHqLw[/video]

Just went yesterday and got the Buy One Get One Fun Card (then upgraded one to an annual pass for parking at guest services). It seemed pretty quiet in the park, but if you plan on getting the deal expect to wait in a pretty good sized line. We got there at 12:30ish and waited 2+ hours to get our passes. When we left at 6:00 (closing) people were still in line buying their passes.

Just went yesterday and got the Buy One Get One Fun Card (then upgraded one to an annual pass for parking at guest services). It seemed pretty quiet in the park, but if you plan on getting the deal expect to wait in a pretty good sized line. We got there at 12:30ish and waited 2+ hours to get our passes. When we left at 6:00 (closing) people were still in line buying their passes.

When you bought it, did you take the recyclable coke bottle or just asked for the deal? And did the other person getting the free Fun Card have to be there to show Florida ID and all that? I'm trying to figure it out to get the deal for family, but I wanna know if they actually have to be there that day, or if I could just get it this weekend myself and then give it to them and they could come and start using it later on.

When you bought it, did you take the recyclable coke bottle or just asked for the deal? And did the other person getting the free Fun Card have to be there to show Florida ID and all that? I'm trying to figure it out to get the deal for family, but I wanna know if they actually have to be there that day, or if I could just get it this weekend myself and then give it to them and they could come and start using it later on.

It was my girlfriend and her two daughters that went and got the deal. We did have to show our ID's (they actually scanned the bar codes) but didn't need anything special for the kids other than their names. We did bring in 2 recyclables (Minute Maid Pink Lemonade can and Coke bottle) and they have little coke recycling towers all over the place to deposit them when they weren't full. Everyone that I saw had something to recycle so I don't think I would risk not having them.

I don't know if you could buy passes for someone that isn't there, but hopefully if you called them they would let you know. The line did move pretty fast but once you got up close and into the switchbacks it quickly became apparent how bad of an idea it is to have a bunch of bored kids with things that can be easily turned into drums and make loud noises. I would advise one of your recycle items being a drink that you can finish while in line and maybe some snacks. They have the last ditch gift shop out there, and they likely made a killing $3-$5 for a bag of chips.

Sorry wish I had more info for you

Reactions: Felipe
It was my girlfriend and her two daughters that went and got the deal. We did have to show our ID's (they actually scanned the bar codes) but didn't need anything special for the kids other than their names. We did bring in 2 recyclables (Minute Maid Pink Lemonade can and Coke bottle) and they have little coke recycling towers all over the place to deposit them when they weren't full. Everyone that I saw had something to recycle so I don't think I would risk not having them.

I don't know if you could buy passes for someone that isn't there, but hopefully if you called them they would let you know. The line did move pretty fast but once you got up close and into the switchbacks it quickly became apparent how bad of an idea it is to have a bunch of bored kids with things that can be easily turned into drums and make loud noises. I would advise one of your recycle items being a drink that you can finish while in line and maybe some snacks. They have the last ditch gift shop out there, and they likely made a killing $3-$5 for a bag of chips.

Sorry wish I had more info for you

Thanks for the info! I have two bottles of coke that we saved just for it. I'll make sure to give them a call later on and make sure if they absolutely need to be there :thumbs:

Question about Shamu Up Close. Are there set times that they do the special show? I see on another site it says hourly, but when we went on Sunday I didn't see anything mentioning it. The only reason I even thought to ask or look a little more is because they brought all the orcas into a separate pen so we decided to leave. Got outside passed the gate and decided to look at our map to see where to go next, then all of a sudden I see a giant tail right next to where we were standing inside. :fist:

I've gone with 4 couples purchasing the Wild Days BOGO special. 3 of the couples were asked to show their bottle for recycling, one wasn't and handed it off to another couple in line to use. All 4 couples were asked to show ID on the spot to verify they were who the passes were for, the ticket booth attendants seem to use the IDs to verify proper name spelling.

I bought my ticket but didn't verify it at the front gate finger print scanner till much later. In theory the pass could have one person's name and then another person link their fingerprint to it but I wouldn't recommend that as if you're caught it could be grounds to having the passes revoked.

Question about Shamu Up Close. Are there set times that they do the special show? I see on another site it says hourly, but when we went on Sunday I didn't see anything mentioning it. The only reason I even thought to ask or look a little more is because they brought all the orcas into a separate pen so we decided to leave. Got outside passed the gate and decided to look at our map to see where to go next, then all of a sudden I see a giant tail right next to where we were standing inside. :fist:

As far as I could tell the was no scheduled time for the training exercises or feeding I was told by one of the crew that different "things" happen at random times. That way it is easier for them to keep the line moving as the wait was rather long.

As far as I could tell the was no scheduled time for the training exercises or feeding I was told by one of the crew that different "things" happen at random times. That way it is easier for them to keep the line moving as the wait was rather long.

Thanks Bob, I'll make sure to ask a few people before I leave next time :p

From Antarctica Celebrating Penguin Lovers Weekend.

Unfortunately I missed Julie Scardina.

Ice Block Party outside of HtF's favorite ride. :lol: Dance party was very popular and quite a people eater. I was told there is no plan to being it back. Although, there were a few higher ups watching it. So, it might just come back.

PLW-001.jpg

PLW-002.jpg

PLW-003.jpg

PLW-004.jpg

PLW-005.jpg

Last edited:
Today was the last day to get the two-for-one FunCards, and my family went to get some this afternoon. Well, when they got there they were told that the line had a 3-hour wait! But at least SeaWorld reps were thoughtful enough to go around to people and they exchanged the recyclable Coke bottles for rain checks, so they can go next weekend and get the FunCard offer :thumbs: