Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2016 BGT Coaster Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see it happen but I think budget wise it's not in the cards. The only way this is going into BGT is if it were connected to the never gonna happen resort hotel.

I also do not see this going into BGT. I think the budget is way outside of anything that Blackstone would spend on a major ride. However, I know nothing and I suspect like many on here have taken a "wait and see" attitude. Interesting concept, but not something that would get me crazy excited. I'd rather see an airtime Giga go into BGT.

Thinking about it... I also don't think a PolerCoaster will be going to BGT.

1) Call me crazy, but I don't see how a ride like this can possibly fit BGT's criteria of rides. This type of ride seems more fit for an I-Drive installation (maybe that "Skyscraper" trademark filed a week or so ago).
2) I do not think BGT would be willing to spend that much money on a ride.

I'm more concerned with the fact that it has inversions... I love inversions but BGT has enough of them. I'd rather have a B&M/Intamin Giga or an Intamin Plug n' Play than this. I'm not bringing down the Polercoaster concept (in fact I think it's a pretty neat idea); I just don't like the idea of it coming to BGT (if it has inversions). I think if it comes as an I-Drive installation, I'll be more than satisfied. It will also add neatly to the skyline.

Thinking about it... I also don't think a PolerCoaster will be going to BGT.

1) Call me crazy, but I don't see how a ride like this can possibly fit BGT's criteria of rides. This type of ride seems more fit for an I-Drive installation (maybe that "Skyscraper" trademark filed a week or so ago).
2) I do not think BGT would be willing to spend that much money on a ride.

I'm more concerned with the fact that it has inversions... I love inversions but BGT has enough of them. I'd rather have a B&M/Intamin Giga or an Intamin Plug n' Play than this. I'm not bringing down the Polercoaster concept (in fact I think it's a pretty neat idea); I just don't like the idea of it coming to BGT (if it has inversions). I think if it comes as an I-Drive installation, I'll be more than satisfied. It will also add neatly to the skyline.
I'm in complete agreement with you. When I heard the initial rumblings for Cheetaka(Cheetah Hunt), I was so hoping for an inversion-free coaster for once. Instead, they just had to throw one in there and use OTS restriaints(which I hate).
Now they're talking about removing Gwazi, our only bigger non-inverting coaster. Better build a non-inverting coaster to make up for it.

Also, the alleged cost of a PolerCoaster is $100 million. Busch has averaged between $20-$40 million dollars for new coasters/area rethemes. There's next to no way they'd fork out $100 million unless they're willing to take a major gamble.

I'd rather they spent $40 million on building the biggest and best B&M hyper/giga coaster.

Last edited:
From Screamscape:

General Park News - (12/4/13) A few bits of BGT gossip have come my way this week. It seems the park is running a special promotion for passholders at the moment, offering them free coffee in the park just by showing off your pass, though I’m not sure how long it will remain in effect.
The latest buzz on the new live show coming to take over the former 4D theater is that it may host some kind of live action bird show.
Tidal Wave… while the ride has been closed for some maintenance issues as of late, the scheduled long term closure (October to December) is said to be primarily a budget issue, as the ride isn’t popular anyway in the colder months of the year. However I have heard from one person claiming that it was seen up and running for guests lately. This may have been a last second swap-out with Congo River Rapids, which had some unexpected downtime issues as well lately that needed need to be fixed.
Madagascar Live is now running a Christmas version of the show, but alas… only on Saturdays and Sundays. The show is open however on Christmas Town nights and is expected to be open daily the week after Christmas.
Finally… a warning. Guests riding Kumba may notice some clearing of trees out by the employee parking lot. It’s not for a new ride or attraction, but rather for a needed expansion of the employee parking lot.

Probably doesn't mean anything at all, but could the employee lot expansion by Kumba be connected with a possible 2015 coaster taking over Gwazi's space and some of the parking behind Nairobi to allow room for an out-and-back layout? I'm not an expert in parking at BGT, but is the parking in the center of the park considered employee parking too (I'm talking about behind Nairobi around that backstage building)?

I don't think it has much if any involvement with this coaster project, but I'm just throwing it out there! :lol:

From Screamscape:

Probably doesn't mean anything at all, but could the employee lot expansion by Kumba be connected with a possible 2015 coaster taking over Gwazi's space and some of the parking behind Nairobi to allow room for an out-and-back layout? I'm not an expert in parking at BGT, but is the parking in the center of the park considered employee parking too (I'm talking about behind Nairobi around that backstage building)?

I don't think it has much if any involvement with this coaster project, but I'm just throwing it out there! :lol:

I highly doubt it has anything to do with the new ride, parking is just very limited back there since that is where the majority of employees try to find a spot. The small parking lot behind that green building is zoo parking, the long strip leading up to Desert Grill is all considered employee parking, and it's usually hard to even find a spot there. Usually it isn't too hard to get a spot there, but during Summer Nights the top level of the two story parking garage and the adjacent lot behind Stanleyville close at 6 for the fireworks, so during that time, parking is difficult, and a lot behind the handicap parking lot opens for employees. During this time many people actually park in the grass along the service road since a spot close by is hard to come by. Hope I explained it well enough.

I highly doubt it has anything to do with the new ride, parking is just very limited back there since that is where the majority of employees try to find a spot. The small parking lot behind that green building is zoo parking, the long strip leading up to Desert Grill is all considered employee parking, and it's usually hard to even find a spot there. Usually it isn't too hard to get a spot there, but during Summer Nights the top level of the two story parking garage and the adjacent lot behind Stanleyville close at 6 for the fireworks, so during that time, parking is difficult, and a lot behind the handicap parking lot opens for employees. During this time many people actually park in the grass along the service road since a spot close by is hard to come by. Hope I explained it well enough.

Alright, thanks! :thumbs:

I still think they could add a coaster behind Jungala on the reservoir there. Or just scrap Rhino Rally (Please). Either way, they need a hypercoaster/giga or a new water ride. IMO.

I still think they could add a coaster behind Jungala on the reservoir there. Or just scrap Rhino Rally (Please). Either way, they need a hypercoaster/giga or a new water ride. IMO.

Busch already has three water rides. Maybe a Splash Battle would be a great addition or even a big refurbishment of the log flume (theming), but I think they are okay with water rides at the moment. IMO the next thing they need is a hyper/giga (Florida doesn't have a B&M/Intamin airtime coaster yet).

And PLEASE get rid of Rhino Rally. That is wasted real estate that could be used for a new themed area with an Intamin Plug n' Play, splash battle, animal exhibits, and a dark ride.

Busch already has three water rides. Maybe a Splash Battle would be a great addition or even a big refurbishment of the log flume (theming), but I think they are okay with water rides at the moment. IMO the next thing they need is a hyper/giga (Florida doesn't have a B&M/Intamin airtime coaster yet).

And PLEASE get rid of Rhino Rally. That is wasted real estate that could be used for a new themed area with an Intamin Plug n' Play, splash battle, animal exhibits, and a dark ride.
I love Splash battles! The one at Dollywood was epic, and Busch needs one! Anyway, yes, they need an airtime coaster. No question about that.

Also, agreed. Rhino Rally needs to go. I could imagine an African themed Splash battle in its place! :) Or something similar to JTA.

I usually just browse these forums and never post, but I just felt I should this time around. So the big Rumor is clearly a coaster addition for 2015, but I think 2016 might be the year. I see Gwazis demo easily coming this year, as well as RhinoRally. Two big areas to be stripped soon enough if all rumors prove true. I'm in favor for a B&M Hyper or Intamin Giga, maybe from Jungala to retention area, or Jungala to the Serengeti Plains as someone said before. A Giga in Gwazis area or RhinoRally. With that aside, I honestly would love for Busch to build a MackRides YoungStar or custom layout for 2015 along with a Splash battle and flat. I think The coaster would work best in Jungala or Rhino Rallys footprint. I'd say if RhinoRallys demise is really happening then I say that plot of land will better suit the Mack Rides Custom coaster along with a flat ride, (ScreamingSwing or MaxAir Type, before you go saying "BuschGardens would never do a flat ride, it isn't a Cedar Fair or Six Flags park", while true, people did at one point say Busch would never build a DropTower, and now look, the company has two of them now. I would honestly also love a splash battle in RhinoRallys area too Or a splash battle in Egypt I think would do wonders. Easily both areas are sure to bring huge additions, and I know Busch will do great. Your 2cents?

[video=youtube;ROAqYQj7AtE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROAqYQj7AtE[/video]

What I've never really understood is why Busch Gardens can't just use some of the land that has never been used for anything- in addition to the wildlife areas, there are spots that really serve no purpose whatsoever, and yet they re-use the same space for every new ride it seems...

I usually just browse these forums and never post, but I just felt I should this time around. So the big Rumor is clearly a coaster addition for 2015, but I think 2016 might be the year. I see Gwazis demo easily coming this year, as well as RhinoRally. Two big areas to be stripped soon enough if all rumors prove true. I'm in favor for a B&M Hyper or Intamin Giga, maybe from Jungala to retention area, or Jungala to the Serengeti Plains as someone said before. A Giga in Gwazis area or RhinoRally. With that aside, I honestly would love for Busch to build a MackRides YoungStar or custom layout for 2015 along with a Splash battle and flat. I think The coaster would work best in Jungala or Rhino Rallys footprint. I'd say if RhinoRallys demise is really happening then I say that plot of land will better suit the Mack Rides Custom coaster along with a flat ride, (ScreamingSwing or MaxAir Type, before you go saying "BuschGardens would never do a flat ride, it isn't a Cedar Fair or Six Flags park", while true, people did at one point say Busch would never build a DropTower, and now look, the company has two of them now. I would honestly also love a splash battle in RhinoRallys area too Or a splash battle in Egypt I think would do wonders. Easily both areas are sure to bring huge additions, and I know Busch will do great. Your 2cents?

[video=youtube;ROAqYQj7AtE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROAqYQj7AtE[/video]

I don't know if HUSS is actually creating rides anymore (haven't heard of any installations from them since the whole bankruptcy thing), but man...if they put in a Giant Frisbee...my gas spending will be shooting WAY up. :lol:

As an aside, way back in '04 when construction was just starting on maXair at Cedar Point and no one knew what was coming (including me), I said on a CP message board "Wouldn't it be cool if they do a Giant Frisbee that swings out over the midway? That would look awesome at that spot in the park." Maybe I need to see if I still have a bit of that predictive power. :lol:

An S&S Screamin Swing could work thematically, maybe better in Pantopia, but wouldn't get me as excited as HUSS Giant Frisbee. A hyper/giga from Intamin or B&M, however, now that would hit a sweet spot. I'd be sad its an hour away, but man I'd love it. If they go giga size I'd prefer an Intamin, as B&M is just so stinking expensive at that height that you start losing ride length and ride time, and Intamin seems to deliver longer experiences at a similar price point. But a B&M hyper along the lines of Diamondback, Apollo's Chariot, or Nitro and I'd be a happy camper as well.

Not sure how true or relevant it is, but according to another BG fan site, Mark Rose was asked this weekend specifically about Gwazi's future, and while he was unable to disclose any info on Gwazi's fate, apparently he said that come 2016, Gwazi park will be receiving a major face-lift, and perhaps a new name. Interesting.

I can confirm this rumor, KRAKENvsMANTA. Mr. Rose told me on my tour that Gwazi Park is getting a change in 2016.

Another thing, you may want to update this thread guys, because according to Mr. Rose, Busch Gardens Tampa will not get a new coaster in 2015.

This leaves the possibility that SeaWorld Orlando will get the rumored hypercoaster in 2015.

And honestly, once BGT is done with Pantopia and Falcon's Fury, they will need to take a break before accelerating into the next project.

I can confirm this rumor, KRAKENvsMANTA. Mr. Rose told me on my tour that Gwazi Park is getting a change in 2016.

Another thing, you may want to update this thread guys, because according to Mr. Rose, Busch Gardens Tampa will not get a new coaster in 2015.

This leaves the possibility that SeaWorld Orlando will get the rumored hypercoaster in 2015.

And honestly, once BGT is done with Pantopia and Falcon's Fury, they will need to take a break before accelerating into the next project.
Thanks for the update! I could be wrong, but I'd think that BG would be more in favor of a hyper. They seem to embrace that thrill park identity, whereas SW tries to market itself as a more well-rounded, family-friendly park. Regardless, I still want a hyper/giga/strata somewhere, anywhere!

SW in 2015: something unique, perhaps a WingRider

BG in 2016: a B&M hyper similar to Leviathan

Status
Not open for further replies.