Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Advertising for Cabana Bay and Universal on a competition in the UK, on a Primetime Saturday Night television programme. The show brought in over 6 million viewers. From clips they have shown the hotel looks great!

Last edited:
Wow...I have to admit, I've been thinking the outside of the hotel has been very mediocre--true to theme, yes, but a bit on the ugly side nonetheless (even though I get that that's more or less the point). But I went through the trouble of looking over to see the interior photos you guys are talking about and they're absolutely stunning. The place looks great! They really nailed the 1960's Googie atmosphere while at the same time being aesthetically pleasant and comfortable. I love it. I will definitely be checking this one out as soon as it's open. I don't know if staying there is worth giving up the Express passes, but Universal definitely did a good job with this one.

Even though Universal has been adding a lot, I've always been a quality over quantity type of guy. WWoHP, obviously great, but there are some thematic/aesthetic issues. Transformers is a great ride on the inside but an eyesore on the outside. I also think the Superstar Parade is pretty underwhelming. In my opinion, this is the first addition of the Comcast era that Universal has gotten 100% right (based on what I've seen). Hopefully Diagon Alley follows suit.

Comcast has posted a feature story on Cabana Bay:
http://corporate.comcast.com/news-i...st-look-at-universals-cabana-bay-beach-resort

As with all Resort hotels, guests at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort will be just a brief walk from Universal Orlando’s theme parks and Universal CityWalk. They will enjoy benefits that include Early Theme Park Admission, complimentary shuttle bus transportation to the theme parks and Universal CityWalk, complimentary delivery of merchandise purchased throughout the resort to their hotel and resort-wide charging privileges with their room key.

All that while staying at an awesome resort, for a cost that is comparable to other hotels around the area (which are farther away from the parks, and have far less amenities and perks). This is gonna be quite fantastic! :thumbs:

I post this here because I admired the terrazzo floors seen in the lobby of this new hotel. I wondered how they put the steel spacers in between the flooring. This page is an extreme example which still leaves questions... but it is so cool (and so expensive).

http://wilkinsonbrothers.com/portfolio/terrazzo-floor-illustration/

If I was a billionaire, I would have to have a custom terrazzo floor. They are ancient (lit.) in practice and sexy to this day.

I post this here because I admired the terrazzo floors seen in the lobby of this new hotel. I wondered how they put the steel spacers in between the flooring. This page is an extreme example which still leaves questions... but it is so cool (and so expensive).

http://wilkinsonbrothers.com/portfolio/terrazzo-floor-illustration/

If I was a billionaire, I would have to have a custom terrazzo floor. They are ancient (lit.) in practice and sexy to this day.

Fun fact: Terrazzo flooring came from Italy, where they mixed the leftover marble chips from chiseling statues/sculptures into cement to make flooring. That's why you see the little chips in the floor.

Terrazzo has since become iconic of mid-century design, and yes, I want it in my house too.

Stupid question...since the coke freestyle machines are in the food court does that mean if we purchase the cup in the park, it will be good at the resort? If so, that would be awesome and worth it to me to give up our old red cups :)

Last edited:
Laaaaame. This hotel seems amazing and I wanted to stay there when I go in September for HHN, but no express is turning me off.

If you're going in September you won't need an Express Pass that much. You'll get early entry to Potter, which doesn't have Express anyways and everything else typically has a lower wait time in September so you'll be fine. Nobody gets complimentary Express for HHN so if anything you'll be saving money if you want to put it towards that.

Reactions: Skubersky
If you're going in September you won't need an Express Pass that much. You'll get early entry to Potter, which doesn't have Express anyways and everything else typically has a lower wait time in September so you'll be fine. Nobody gets complimentary Express for HHN so if anything you'll be saving money if you want to put it towards that.

Ditto! :thumbs:

Does anyone have the link for the pictures?

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/construction-expansion-thread.868474/page-3

The place really does look stunning! :thumbs:

true, true. I was there last September…but the wait times for Transformers got up to more than an hour so I was extremely thankful for express :]

If I only get to go once a year, I want to be able to ride as much as I can in as little time possible .

true, true. I was there last September…but the wait times for Transformers got up to more than an hour so I was extremely thankful for express :]

If I only get to go once a year, I want to be able to ride as much as I can in as little time possible .

Transformers on a average day can get up to a hour, but it's a lot more likely you'll see it at a 30 minute wait.

Is there an official opening date on this thing? They are accepting reservations for today per their website but I don't believe it is yet open. They are playing so cagey. Seems like it will open long before there is a grand opening, if ever that.