Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 164 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had heard there was rumor of an area where guest wands would trigger effects, could that be what you are referring to? That seems like it would be very important to both WB and UC but I am not sure how it relates to your clues. Edit: for some reason I thought I heard the guest triggered effect area would be in Knockturn Alley but maybe I am mistaken on that.

The rumor is for interactivity all throughout Diagon Alley and maybe even all of Hogsmeade, as well :look: :shrug:

Construction Update:

IoA side:

_MG_7999_zps5e36b5d2.jpg

_MG_7998_zps754faa7a.jpg

_MG_7997_zps36c06e84.jpg

_MG_7996_zps5620b24b.jpg

_MG_7990_zps20e412bf.jpg

_MG_7989_zps7ded2190.jpg

_MG_7988_zps58540e8c.jpg

_MG_7987_zpsd43e2598.jpg

_MG_7985_zpse72f0254.jpg

_MG_7984_zpsd4a67491.jpg

_MG_7983_zps3447aedb.jpg

_MG_7982_zps5c9e6889.jpg

_MG_7981_zps446dada8.jpg

USF Side:

IMG_7912_zpsc03ffa69.jpg

IMG_7911_zps5eddc89b.jpg

_MG_7909_zps07a35316.jpg

_MG_7908_zpsf4d7307a.jpg

_MG_7907_zpsedb6c6fd.jpg

_MG_7906_zpsb6537b1e.jpg

_MG_7905_zps37023f07.jpg

_MG_7904_zpsa2564bbc.jpg

_MG_7903_zpsfb80e69a.jpg

_MG_7902_zps3b47add6.jpg

_MG_7901_zps82d2e5e6.jpg

_MG_7886_zpse52f3655.jpg

_MG_7885_zpsb2bce43e.jpg

_MG_7884_zpsc2294f8a.jpg

_MG_7883_zps1699f2b9.jpg

_MG_7882_zps90cbbd00.jpg

Reactions: Felipe
Thanks for the great pics Bri!

_MG_7905_zps37023f07.jpg

Have those decorative swags been antiqued with black to resemble the grime of the city? Sure looks like it.

Too, what building is the golden cupola mounted on? It looks so out of place for Hogsmeade.

Thanks for the great pics Bri!

_MG_7905_zps37023f07.jpg

Have those decorative swags been antiqued with black to resemble the grime of the city? Sure looks like it.

Too, what building is the golden cupola mounted on? It looks so out of place for Hogsmeade.
I believe the correct term would be "finial" instead of cupola.

So, I was reading back through replies to my pictorial clue. Some I just skimmed over at the time and for that I apologize. Someone nailed what the show will be about. I missed it but yep, on review, they nailed it. Congrats to the person who nailed it! So much fun!

:wave:

Speaking of the show....

Female Singers
Full-time and Part-time roles available

Universal Orlando® is seeking Female Singers able to portray the age range of 18-35 for roles in a new show at
Universal Studios® Florida.

Also seeking African American Female Singers able to portray the age range of 30-60.

Candidates must be able to perform in a British dialect.

Please prepare 16 bars of a Jazz style song to sing as part of your audition. Audition will consist of a type-out.
Select candidates may be requested to attend a required callback on April 2nd.

Must be available for rehearsals April 21st - May 20th.

Speaking of the show....

Female Singers
Full-time and Part-time roles available

Universal Orlando® is seeking Female Singers able to portray the age range of 18-35 for roles in a new show at
Universal Studios® Florida.

Also seeking African American Female Singers able to portray the age range of 30-60.

Candidates must be able to perform in a British dialect.

I'm envisioning something likes this, on a smaller scale, but with more impressive, steampunkish technology, and wizarding clothes and wares instead of milk and roses:

[video=dailymotion;xms9f]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xms9f_oliver-who-will-buy_music[/video]

Colour me very intrigued about this show. In a way, I'm most curious about Carkitt Market since it is an entirely new area of the Wizarding World we have never seen represented in the books or films.

So let me get this straight- you are supposedly straight males, yet you seem to know the difference between cupola and finial? lol

You're in the wrong place for that kind of talk, buddy. I know you're just trying to be humorous, but come on. It says you've been around since 2010, so you've got to know by now that there are lots of people around here passionate about architecture and the process of construction.

And do we really have to be ignorant teenagers and call people gay? So close-minded. We do have gay users. Oh and female users. Are they supposed to be the experts on architecture? Don't really get where you are going with that one.

Reactions: violarum
Then maybe forums aren't for you. It's a discussion board. Not an information board.

I guess you might be right. Apparently this forum isn't for other members as well because I'm not the only one that feels this way. I know its a discussion board but we should be discussing facts and opinions, not solving riddles. Do that on a separate thread. If anyone agrees with me speak up.

Last edited:
I guess you might be right. Apparently this forum isn't for other members as well because I'm not the only one that feels this way. I know its a discussion board but we should be discussing facts and opinions, not solving riddles. Do that on a separate thread. If anyone agrees with me speak up.

If the riddles aren't your thing, you do have the option to put the user on the ignore list. And yes, I know of the other 2 people who PM'd you. We can spare the discussion forums from getting off track with it.

I know its a discussion board but we should be discussing facts and opinions, not solving riddles. Do that on a separate thread. If anyone agrees with me speak up.

I agree. Unless there's a good reason, just speak plainly and tell what you claim to know. Others may enjoy games, but I see it differently.

On a side-note, OI posted today that Diagon still appears behind schedule. He estimates an opening between mid June and late July.

Status
Not open for further replies.