Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 154 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or the jeep ride could in part use the same land as the boat ride. If two both feature 'good' dinosaurs before the big uh oh, why not put the two good sections together? It would add an interesting new element in the two rides as well.

So just to be clear does it seem like numerous rides are being proposed now for the JP side of the island?

JP Merry-Go-Round
Dark Ride
Jeep Ride
Family Coaster

It could happen, especially if they stacked them, but that just seems like a lot? I think a good family ride would be a great addition to the park but a few more flat rides could also be good for the park.

Image won't load...

Last edited:
Or the jeep ride could in part use the same land as the boat ride. If two both feature 'good' dinosaurs before the big uh oh, why not put the two good sections together? It would add an interesting new element in the two rides as well.

So just to be clear does it seem like numerous rides are being proposed now for the JP side of the island?

JP Merry-Go-Round
Dark Ride
Jeep Ride
Family Coaster

It could happen, especially if they stacked them, but that just seems like a lot? I think a good family ride would be a great addition to the park but a few more flat rides could also be good for the park.

No, this will not happen unless they clear out JPRA...

choose 1

Family coaster(junior mine coaster), Jeep ride(?), Dark ride thru a dino lab. which would actually be cool to have a dark moving slow ride in IOA (Disney has too many)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm confused...

So are we getting the Amber Mine coaster, or a wood coaster, or a dark ride, or Jeep Ride? Sounds like plans keep changing.

I dont even know at this point, I feel like not even coming to this thread anymore until we actually see some city plans (if we ever see them?)

Then don't if you don't want speculation. That's when we'll know (generally) what we're getting, if anything.

not that I dont want to speculate but this is just becoming confusing more than it is exciting. Since you said"if anything", do you feel that we may not see anything in JP?

Personally I am hoping for a great wooden coaster that has indoor parts.
As for the rumored flat ride, since most say it will be carousel, I really cannot understand why they would do this since they already have a carousel, I'd love for there to be an octopus ride or a music express, something like that, spinning and thrilling :)

Personally I am hoping for a great wooden coaster that has indoor parts.
As for the rumored flat ride, since most say it will be carousel, I really cannot understand why they would do this since they already have a carousel, I'd love for there to be an octopus ride or a music express, something like that, spinning and thrilling :)

"Thrilling" defeats the entire point of the project. :lol:

If nothing end up happening, I'll be deeply saddened, though I'm somewhat convinced that we will get something, since there has been that repeated prophecy for the past couple years that by 2017 all available land will be either occupied or have something being built on it...

If nothing end up happening, I'll be deeply saddened, though I'm somewhat convinced that we will get something, since there has been that repeated prophecy for the past couple years that by 2017 all available land will be either occupied or have something being built on it...

New markers just popped up in the trike plot that are visible from the midway. Something is afoot.

Something is definitely going on on the Trike plot...just what exactly is the burning question...

As for that rumored Dino Carousel...how about a double decker? That'd be considerably different than the Caro-Seuss-El.

Something is definitely going on on the Trike plot...just what exactly is the burning question...

As for that rumored Dino Carousel...how about a double decker? That'd be considerably different than the Caro-Seuss-El.

Hmmm ... it would still just be a carousel ... unless of course they are planning to eventually remove the carousel in Seuss land ...

I know, they could have a spinning ride that's not just a spinning ride, but TWO spinning rides that spin in different directions, and with an elaborate queue and a system of pagers to tell you when your seat is ready :bonk: :p Seriously though, they really should avoid repetition in their flat rides; I don't know how Disney gets away with it, but no level of interactivity can mask the fact that all spinners/carousels/other types of flat rides are nearly identical. My hope is that if they do any type of flat ride, it'll at least be one they haven't done yet, like an orbiter-style ride (that's the only kid-friendly one I can think of off the top of my head that doesn't already exist in IOA).

Last edited:
I know, they could have a spinning ride that's not just a spinning ride, but TWO spinning rides that spin in different directions, and with an elaborate queue and a system of pagers to tell you when your seat is ready :bonk: :p Seriously though, they really should avoid repetition in their flat rides; I don't know how Disney gets away with it, but no level of interactivity can mask the fact that all spinners/carousels/other types of flat rides are nearly identical. My hope is that if they do any type of flat ride, it'll at least be one they haven't done yet, like an orbiter-style ride (that's the only kid-friendly one I can think of off the top of my head that doesn't already exist in IOA).

I agree, Uni should stay away from getting repetitive in the same park. I don't know if Wipeout/Rip-tide is too thrilling, but I liked it as a kid. Theme it to Mr DNA :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.