Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 193 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In other news, the extended queue out back of the show building has started to take shape. A lot of queue poles are going up and it really looks like the outside of a bank.

The number of people who will plunk down a large amount of money to fly to Orlando.....
But I hope you're right about Universal repeating the success with another IP at some point. It's just hard for me to imagine any other property that could be as compelling, as detailed, and as connected to such a vast and rich mythology as Potter is.

From another state.......more like from other countries. People from England have been coming to Universal since the opening of the WWOHP. Was Harry Potter a success, 150%. Do I like potter, yes. Not connecting IOA with Uni would have been a mistake, it made perfect sense. Just saying, creating another world/environment besides potter, I think will be a better decision in the long run. And thats it, not gonna drag this on anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news, the extended queue out back of the show building has started to take shape. A lot of queue poles are going up and it really looks like the outside of a bank.

Pictures ??? :smiley:

Last edited:
Here's the lone tree on the berm.
OKnyI1i.jpg

edit: oh and I believe they're enclosing the "bridge to nowhere"

Reactions: Skubersky
All this talk about too much Potter. IMO Hogsmeade wasn't enough Potter. It felt rather small on my first visit. Figuring in the existing but re-themed attractions amplified that feeling. DA is for the good.

I can't wait to take my parents to see WWoHP, and my dad doesn't know a Muggle from points on his drivers license. [HASHTAG]#money[/HASHTAG]

I see what both sides are saying on the whole "too much Potter" debate. My opinion is that as long as they are still building other attractions (which they are doing even more of now thanks to Potter) than it is fine. HP saved Universal and it's allowing them to be competitive with Disney (by bringing in people directly for HP and by using all this extra cash to build other rides that being people in). No one would have said that was possible before HP came into the picture. As long as they build other rides while the continue to expand HP, I think they're on the right track.

I really really hope that they can figure out a way to expand Hogwarts/FJ to get it keep it on par with the one coming in Hollywood (They NEED the Great Hall). Does anyone have any idea if that has come up in conversation for Orlando at all?

Thanks for posting the video GGGhost! I hadn't noticed the chandeliers in Wyndhams before. I love how so many nice details are popping up now! :thumbs:

Looking at the map, they are so boxed in. I have no idea where they would have room to build a great hall.

Fear Factor could go and I doubt many would care much. Plenty room there for a Potter extension.

Edit: Ahh. Hang on. A Great Hall would need to go in Hogsmead. Oops.

Last edited:
Looking at the map, they are so boxed in. I have no idea where they would have room to build a great hall.

they could move flight of the Hippogriff to the forbidden forest (outside hogsmeade's front gateway) and put the great hall in its place. sure we'd lose some of the lost continent but it was most likely gonna go anyway.

WHOA.

@MickeyXtreme:

"Our Hard Hat Tour of [HASHTAG]#DiagonAlley[/HASHTAG] London Facade begins shortly @UniversalORL I'm ready to see some progress are you? [HASHTAG]#HarryPotter[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#MuggleNet[/HASHTAG]"

"Screed & Sons the Underground lots of painting and sign placements at [HASHTAG]#diagonalley[/HASHTAG] London [HASHTAG]#HarryPotter[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#MuggleNet[/HASHTAG]"
BlIZOdDIcAA8dmr.jpg:large

"Lots of heavy equipment still being used most of the sod is laid out at [HASHTAG]#diagonalley[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#HarryPotter[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#MuggleNet[/HASHTAG]"
BlIaYcEIUAAXDHG.jpg:large

"The Knight Bus and the wall around the construction area of [HASHTAG]#diagonalley[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#HarryPotter[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#MuggleNet[/HASHTAG]"
BlIbYD5CYAAua88.jpg:large

"All the sod and trees in this area have been placed at [HASHTAG]#diagonalley[/HASHTAG] London Area [HASHTAG]#HarryPotter[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#MuggleNet[/HASHTAG]"
BlIc90EIMAAnJwV.jpg:large

"Lots of work going on inside the Leicester Square Station at [HASHTAG]#diagonalley[/HASHTAG] London Area The Knight Bus is to our right"
BlIeXELIYAAKtgs.jpg:large

"Work on the Knight Bus and we promised the worker no plumbers crack at [HASHTAG]#diagonalley[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#HarryPotter[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#MuggleNet[/HASHTAG]"
BlIflzTIEAAHxPi.jpg:large

"Knight Bus paint looks purple, when the sun hits it, it looks Dark Blue. It also looks anchored to the ground [HASHTAG]#diagonalley[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#HarryPotter[/HASHTAG]"

"If the Knight Bus is not anchored its on some type of lift stand [HASHTAG]#diagonalley[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#HarryPotter[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#MuggleNet[/HASHTAG]"

"Here's a vending stand some more lifts this is to the right of the Knight Bus at [HASHTAG]#diagonalley[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#HarryPotter[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#MuggleNet[/HASHTAG]"
BlIiK1eIMAAtya7.jpg:large

UPDATE:

"Knight Bus and a look at the Circle and the center where the Fountain will be at [HASHTAG]#diagonalley[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#HarryPotter[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#MuggleNet[/HASHTAG]"
BlIkSAnIIAAVsz9.jpg:large

"I've been told the Knight bus is on stands and will be moved once there's more clearance at [HASHTAG]#diagonalley[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#HarryPotter[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#MuggleNet[/HASHTAG]"

"That's all the time they have for us we hope you enjoyed our short tour of [HASHTAG]#diagonalley[/HASHTAG] London. Thank You RF [HASHTAG]#HarryPotter[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#MuggleNet[/HASHTAG]"

Yes, I have seen that video... but I heard it as a tossed-off statement. It would lead one to believe that the scenic designers from London were hopping over every so often to work with UC designers etc. This was not the case.

It has left me with the question, "what in hell did UC do other than write checks and oversee a few props?".
Sorry I'm late to this party. Yes, WB's team (especially Allan Gillmore) did the lion's share of scenic design work, but UC was responsible for the attraction design, Uni Entertainment (Mike Aiello) came up with the shows, and Uni Art & Design (David Hayes) built props & decor. It was definitely a group effort.

they could move flight of the Hippogriff to the forbidden forest (outside hogsmeade's front gateway) and put the great hall in its place. sure we'd lose some of the lost continent but it was most likely gonna go anyway.

Ehh... It makes sense but I would prefer the Wonka idea replace LC. What else would go in LC? You'd have to take care of Poseidon, Sinbad and Mythos. The Great Hall is the only major aspect of HP that should be added.

Wonka or a reworked LC that makes some use of backstage areas to maximize space. Or get rid of Dragon Challenge, put Forbidden Forest there :lol: the ride isn't that fun without the dueling and it stands out from the lavish theming of Hogsmeade. I'd prefer Hippogriff, the Great Hall, a Whomping Willow swing ride and a Quidditch field take up the space at this point :p

Status
Not open for further replies.