Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who aren't interested in reading the Potter books, you should read just one of the chapters from one of the books. Chapter 4 of Prisoner of Askaban. It will give you a hint of what may be coming from the various shops. It is a chapter that puts you as a 13 yo at Disneyland for 3 weeks, and forced to stay, sleeping at their hotels with more than enough money to have fun.

It contains far more that the movie ever could.

You are completely right with this. Although I encourage everyone to read all the books. They are so amazing!

So has anyone been wondering what music will be playing around the London Waterfront? Will it be Harry Potter music or will they keep that for once you're inside Diagon Alley? Perhaps they'll play some British Rock? JK Rowling once said in an interview that her favorite band is the The Beatles so if she has any say in music maybe it will be from them? The Who could also be a contender.

I don't suppose they'll be playing either the official version or the Sex Pistols version of "God Save the Queen." :p

Maybe "Rule Britannia" or "The British Grenadiers"? More likely it will be one of the songs from the movies. Surely they'll play the Diagon Alley theme song once you're inside, but will it be broadcast outside in London, as well? They may well play "The Knight Bus":

[video=youtube;aP_uoA4j8Kw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP_uoA4j8Kw[/video]

Last edited:
OI also posted:

And an owl just dropped off this message:

"Universal had planned to film live for the Today Show today at USF and planned to announce an opening date. It seems they ran into an issue - I'm not sure what it is that made them not sure about an opening date, but they had to pull the plans. The filming they did yesterday will be used for ads or promos, but I'm not sure to what extent. A major concern seems to be Escape from Gringotts: it had a derailment recently as well as a major problem with one of the complex show scenes with moving track components (a ride vehicle went backwards when it should not have). They are also still a ways away from the required number of cycles before it can open."

Please note that messages from owls are unofficial

Im calling shnanigans on this BS.

I attended Grad Bash last night and got to exit on the road directly behind the Gringott's show building. I took a picture of the massive AC and Heat units from the back point of view, an exhaust pipe that was pumping out steam at the 2:00am-2:30am time frame, and even a portion of the outside line queue that looked almost 100% finished from my point of view. There was still some construction equipment in the space behind Kings Cross and in between the outside line queue and the road I was on, but nothing that couldn't be easily cleaned up for the speculated June opening date. I'm having trouble posting the pictures on here from my iPhone, but I hope this sheds some light onto the mysterious date that is the Diagon/London opening date.

There is now a little snowman on the smooth white cake:

BmJJph2CQAAYnC7.jpg

photo posted by @potterfreak1998

Last edited:
I attended Grad Bash last night and got to exit on the road directly behind the Gringott's show building. I took a picture of the massive AC and Heat units from the back point of view, an exhaust pipe that was pumping out steam at the 2:00am-2:30am time frame, and even a portion of the outside line queue that looked almost 100% finished from my point of view. There was still some construction equipment in the space behind Kings Cross and in between the outside line queue and the road I was on, but nothing that couldn't be easily cleaned up for the speculated June opening date. I'm having trouble posting the pictures on here from my iPhone, but I hope this sheds some light onto the mysterious date that is the Diagon/London opening date.

Cool! Get them pics posted:doggie:

^^^ Could they be pushing for end of May softs so they can test larger crowd control over the holiday weekend? If they want to do that they would need to be in softs a week before the holiday begins, so they start in a dead period of time.

Sometime after (or right after) the 20 days is up, a large entourage of very important people are arriving for their very own soft opening.

(remember I called a news station to put a chopper in the air over hogsmeade 4 years ago? anyone?)

We can only hope, GREAT piece of music. :thumbs:

They do play a shortened version of "The Knight Bus" during the London scene intro to Diagon Alley on the interactive WWOHP map.

If they don't project it throughout London, maybe they will use it periodically around the Knight Bus. Will the Knight Bus interaction be non-stop, or if there will be off-periods? Does the Mystic Fountain have off-periods? If there are off-periods, "The Knight Bus" might be used to signal the beginning of a "show."

Speaking of the Mystic Fountain, I don't suppose they are retrofitting it or any other elements in the Lost Continent to respond to interactive wands, are they? What's the ancient Greek or Persian version of a magic wand, I wonder?

Had lunch with someone at Biergarten who works in the Food/Bev development at Universal. The things about Leaky he told me were awesome. The food is going to be great. I was very close to getting him to tell me the recipe for the butterbeer topping but he said "I am going to get in trouble talking to you" Haha!

Glad to see my snowman cake pic came in handy, there also seemed to be new signage over Puddifoots, which I will post on my twitter @potterfreak1998. I also noticed that all of the artwork on the walls of Three Broomsticks had been changed, presumably because the old paintings were moved to Leaky Cauldron

Do you think this new paint on Wyndham was planned? or do you think this could be a potential reason why they weren't ready for the Todays show? (ie. the sudden change of facade color). I feel like this building has been changed so many times...

Do you think this new paint on Wyndham was planned? or do you think this could be a potential reason why they weren't ready for the Todays show? (ie. the sudden change of facade color). I feel like this building has been changed so many times...

The layering of paint was planned. The Today show never had any production broadcast truck on property prior to Roker's arrival. Roker flew down to do some A and B roll and to tour the new area possibly scoping for future filming locations, angles etc.

I merely assumed too much at the time.

Hey there boys and girls! Question...anyone know what kind of trees are being planted on the berm?
Also, the one's near the Knight Bus?

The trees at the very top of the berm are Live Oaks (Quercus virginiana). The bushy and conical trees at the base of the berm are a kind of Cedar, probably Juniperus virginiana or Red Cedar. The skanky trees mixed in amongst the cedars are the same trees used at the base of Hogwarts, and are patently undesirable in the nursery trade.

The trees in front of Wyndham and other London facades... I have no idea.... as no one has taken a picture of the leaves for me!

Enough Teebintude... :wave:

BTW, thanks for the lamp base picture on twitter HTF!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.