New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Minion beach is almost bound to happen, not only because it's awesome but has the possibilities for some killer water slides. But this isn't your average water park it's a hybrid, maybe universal is thinking IP's that haven't been used yet instead of making it a hybrid of the already existing parks

Was the black lake mentioned in the books... along with all of those creatures and Neville's frog? I do not recall it at all!

The second time today I worry that I have a brain disease. Yeeesh.

That said, it ain't the black lake currently... yet.

Yessir. There were things mentioned about it throughout all of the books. It's a vast, vast word, ain't it? I recalled Neville's toad, but not the Black Lake thing :p What I mostly recalled was the mentions of the Giant Squid, Merpeople, Grindylows, and the Slytherin common room.

Anyways, so you say "it ain't the black lake currently... yet." Hmm... I don't know what else could be used from HP with a water theme as recognizable as that... Unless you are saying HP is not in the plans for this?

I would rather see Minion Beach than a Super Silly Funland, and i do like your Black Lake idea. But really i just really want to see Jaws make a comeback! :)

I definitely want JAWS there! It's a classic, the IP belongs to them, and it's perfect for the water theme.

Now, do you guys think this will be all rides, or could we also see a show, too? What about bringing the WaterWorld show from USH, or otherwise creating another water show?

I definitely want JAWS there! It's a classic, the IP belongs to them, and it's perfect for the water theme.

Now, do you guys think this will be all rides, or could we also see a show, too? What about bringing the WaterWorld show from USH, or otherwise creating another water show?
Water show would be sick!!! I think a jaws anything in a water park is just suicidal business wise. That thing kept people out of the water and to have Bruce swimming with guests (while awesome) would freak out everybody. Amity island would definitely be amazing to be brought back but in a water park? That's a dream

I think a jaws anything in a water park is just suicidal business wise. That thing kept people out of the water and to have Bruce swimming with guests (while awesome) would freak out everybody. Amity island would definitely be amazing to be brought back but in a water park? That's a dream

I agree. As much as I'd love to see Jaws back in any shape or form, don't really think it makes too much sense from a business standpoint. I could see an Amity pool; but I'm not sure how much recognition that would muster up when you could put something else there.

Guys, I wasn't implying having a pool where we swim with Bruce :lol: I meant a water ride where we see Bruce. A sort of adaptation of the old JAWS boat ride, taking the best aspects of it and redesigning the more cost prohibitive aspects.

Guys, I wasn't implying having a pool where we swim with Bruce :lol: I meant a water ride where we see Bruce. A sort of adaptation of the old JAWS boat ride, taking the best aspects of it and redesigning the more cost prohibitive aspects.
I would like that but then again, after getting off the jaws ride as a kid did you want to jump in a pool straight afterwards? I saw kids getting off that ride crying (including me back in the day) no way in hell would you want to go swimming. After seeing jaws for the first time I remember not wanting to get in my pool because Bruce would eat me, just not a probable idea but I think everybody on this site would agree it would be amazing if it did happen

With the notion of a hybrid park I think about themepark rides that work work well in a waterpark setting. Jaws definitely fits that bill, but the size it would take to do it justice may rule it out. They would need to scale it down quite a bit, or maybe a Jaws 360 3D or a combination of the two.

I wonder how many of the detention ponds on Universal's immediate property are actually required by state law. Are there any Florida engineers using this site? Feel free to PM me.

I would like that but then again, after getting off the jaws ride as a kid did you want to jump in a pool straight afterwards? I saw kids getting off that ride crying (including me back in the day) no way in hell would you want to go swimming.

Fair point. It wouldn't be the first time Universal makes a scary thrill ride, but I can see how a ride like that could be a bit more disturbing / affecting in a water park setting.

With the notion of a hybrid park I think about themepark rides that work work well in a waterpark setting. Jaws definitely fits that bill, but the size it would take to do it justice may rule it out. They would need to scale it down quite a bit, or maybe a Jaws 360 3D or a combination of the two.

Although I would like for them to incorporate some sort of JAWS theme in there, I would prefer no 3D or cinema type attractions. I'd love musion and/or HD screens mixed into the theming, but I don't think that 3D would work for water rides / a water park. I'm seeing this as possibly having a mix of classic water park rides (tube slides, wave pools, lazy rivers, etc.) and theme park water rides (rapids, log flumes, maybe even a slow boat dark ride, etc.), but all of them would be "wet," so I don't see a cinema/theater or the use of 3D glasses working well, if that is indeed what they're going for... But who knows, maybe they'll develop some sort of 3D water goggles :shrug: :p

Reactions: natespf
SSFL already has it's splash play area, I am sure ideas could have been born out of development for that area already, that could be used in a full blown water park

Fair point. It wouldn't be the first time Universal makes a scary thrill ride, but I can see how a ride like that could be a bit more disturbing / affecting in a water park setting.

Although I would like for them to incorporate some sort of JAWS theme in there, I would prefer no 3D or cinema type attractions. I'd love musion and/or HD screens mixed into the theming, but I don't think that 3D would work for water rides / a water park. I'm seeing this as possibly having a mix of classic water park rides (tube slides, wave pools, lazy rivers, etc.) and theme park water rides (rapids, log flumes, maybe even a slow boat dark ride, etc.), but all of them would be "wet," so I don't see a cinema/theater or the use of 3D glasses working well, if that is indeed what they're going for... But who knows, maybe they'll develop some sort of 3D water goggles :shrug: :p
I don't think there is anything wrong with a scary ride it's just the setting doesn't fit with it. Kind of like having alien encounter in fantasyland. Out of place with all the happy stuff. But yeah I completely agree with you if jaws ever comes back no 3D please, wouldn't make any sense. If only there were a way to teleport toon lagoon to that plot

These are two of the types of rides I would expect at the deluxe water park:
[video=youtube;rAiRXd8L5PU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAiRXd8L5PU[/video]

[video=youtube;GXOsssacYC4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXOsssacYC4[/video]

Here are my predictions for the park
-minion beach and playground
-lazy river
-80% water slides
-20% water rides
-seasonal passes
-tropical theming
-something original (no IP)
-cheaper tickets
-add on hotel
-4th gate construction afterwards

Here are my predictions for the park
-minion beach and playground
-lazy river
-80% water slides
-20% water rides
-seasonal passes
-tropical theming
-something original (no IP)
-cheaper tickets
-add on hotel
-4th gate construction afterwards

What do you mean by something original? Every water park is based on original IPs :lol:

I'd say a perfect water park would be -
1. Minion Beach
2. Bikini Bottom
3. Delfino Plaza (yes... Nintendo and Universal must happen :p)
4. Lake Town (maybe as a link between this and the 4th gate?)
5. a new Lost Continent/Atlantis area? (if they decide to use the IOA one for Wonka, HP Phase 3, or more Seuss)
6. Amity Village
7. completely original area devised by Universal Creative

I'm expecting 50% water slides, 40% water rides (log flume, river rapids, water coaster, POTC-style boat ride, etc), with a few flat rides thrown in as what has been alluded to earlier. They might even reuse the Nuthouse Coaster that's supposed to be removed from KidZone. It'd be a compact dry ride for those who want a break.

I would like that but then again, after getting off the jaws ride as a kid did you want to jump in a pool straight afterwards? I saw kids getting off that ride crying (including me back in the day) no way in hell would you want to go swimming. After seeing jaws for the first time I remember not wanting to get in my pool because Bruce would eat me, just not a probable idea but I think everybody on this site would agree it would be amazing if it did happen

Its not like kids who ride Haunted Mansion never want to go in houses again :lol:. People who go to theme parks know its pretend, and if they dont they'll be scared or not regardless of whether youre in a water park or not. If a kid is old enough to swim/ride slides, theyre old enough to know theyre in a controlled environment. A lot of Universal wouldnt exist if they were worried about kids getting scared off. Personally, I love the idea of Jaws in a waterpark.

Its not like kids who ride Haunted Mansion never want to go in houses again :lol:. People who go to theme parks know its pretend, and if they dont they'll be scared or not regardless of whether youre in a water park or not. If a kid is old enough to swim/ride slides, theyre old enough to know theyre in a controlled environment. A lot of Universal wouldnt exist if they were worried about kids getting scared off. Personally, I love the idea of Jaws in a waterpark.
thats true and I did eventually go swimming again :lol: but just for a second imagine you as a 5-6 year old kid going on the jaws ride then immediately greeted with a body of water that you have to swim in. It's pretty morbid and I think it would probably cause people to leave early because who would want to get in the water after that. Certainly not kids like this [video=youtube;fq-CTtmSeVU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq-CTtmSeVU[/video]

Ha, did not realize how scary it could be in a water park setting this morning. :rofl:

But the second part is exactly what I was thinking, just did not have enough time before running out the door. :thumbs:

I don't think we will see straight up themepark rides, water rides and hybrid rides for the hybrid waterpark park. I hope that makes sense. :cheers:

What I realized with kids is that when they have something scary in their minds they can't get it out. You'll hear kids say all the time on its a small world "does this have a drop?" They only remember that because they went on pirates prior and become weary of any boat ride because it might have a drop. Same with little kids and the Bloody Mary legend, you think about it and it just won't go away. What's stopping a kid from getting off the jaws ride and then not wanting to go on anything water related because the shark will pop up? It's the same thing as alien encounter and the timekeeper, one scary ride will prevent other kids from going on the ride next door even though the timekeeper is about as scary as the wait times for storm force (burn)

Status
Not open for further replies.