New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah you are both right. But that leads to the question why would they announce the water park so soon? Maybe because it's in a second resort or because they want to get it out there?

Who said that they are announcing anything "soon"? I doubt they will announce anything regarding this thread for at least a year. Maybe longer.

I'll note that these are a new members first and second posts.

Keep an eye out for big information in regards to this park being publicly announced soon.

A lot more people will be put in the loop soon, which will open the flood gates. Heck people reading this fourm know, just not saying anything yet bc they know something is coming very soon.

I'm another one who is not a fan of water parks, but that's because I don't swim. I have been to Wet n Wild, once, many years ago, because I had a company picnic there and got in for free. Was not impressed at all. I don't think Universal needs to blow a bundle on a water park, but they sure do need to update WnW, and please, ADD SOME SHADE!! That was the one thing I hated about the place, no shade for a non-swimmer like me. I think I went on the lazy river, and the speed terrified me.

The only water park I ever really enjoyed was a place called Pleasure Island, somewhere in Michigan, and that was because, instead of the water slides ending in a pool that freaks out someone like me, you ended in a trough, with no chance of going underwater, getting water up your nose, etc.

I think to really attract more than the usual people to a water park, you have to have land-based activities for non-swimmers, like mini-golf or something. And SHADE. And decent food.

I think you are more a rare case than the norm. I know there are people who don't swim, but I can't imagine it is a large percentage of people. I know in my Jr High we had swimming for an entire year instead of gym and there was only a handful of kids that couldn't swim prior to that class. They separated the class into swimmers and non-swimmers and I think there was only about 5 non-swimmers vs about 50 swimmers. But by the end they could swim. The rest of us learned more life guard type skills or "proper" swim strokes for all the different stroke types. Oh and I grew up in Pittsburgh, not Florida, so it is not a Florida or south thing.

Also, you can where life jackets at most of the parks if you really don't feel comfortable. I think more people don't go because they don't want to walk around in a swim suit all day, I think today's society can be very self conscious and they don't feel comfortable with wearing a bathing suit.

I don't mean details but the public will know a park is coming via permits, the city, etc. The flood gates of info will come soon after.

From HHNRumors:

wondersea.jpg

I know that I am responding to this first post 3 years late,
butI worry that the whole name might be a bit wordy. :look: :wave: :sneaky:

I think WonderSea Isle sounds great. But that doesn't solve the "wordy" problem. I just don't want the word "Island" for multiple parks.
WonderSea..
Universal's WonderSea Water Park...

I like it...hopefully it would avoid guest confusion that it is a part of IOA..still hear people call IOA Adventure Island..ugh

WonderSea..
Universal's WonderSea Water Park...

I like it...hopefully it would avoid guest confusion that it is a part of IOA..still hear people call IOA Adventure Island..ugh

I like that too, rolls right off the tongue. Wonder sea island is a nice name because it could have endless possibilities like islands. It could be colorful, mythological, creepy anything as long as it has to do with whimsy!!!! Universals islands of adventure is a lengthy name too but whatever. Wonder sea or wondersea island I'm sure it'll be sick

They have had a hard time getting people to understand that there are two themeparks there as it is, so I can see the confusion. There would be people that think Universal Studios is the one and only themepark and Universal's Wondersea Island of Adventure is the waterpark.

They have had a hard time getting people to understand that there are two themeparks there as it is, so I can see the confusion. There would be people that think Universal Studios is the one and only themepark and Universal's Wondersea Island of Adventure is the waterpark.
Oh geez I hear guests saying that in my head already...Universal needs to work hard at making Wondersea as different from IOA as possible..usually marketing is to blame for misinformation however

Well, nothing will be as bad as the initial rollout of IOA in 1999 with "Universal Escape". That just confused the hell out of people, especially since it was the really primitive days of the internet.

Although considering how there are guests who show up at Adventure Island waterpark in Tampa wondering where Harry Potter is as well as showing up at DHS and asking where it is, I guess you can never underestimate how dumb guests are.

Well, nothing will be as bad as the initial rollout of IOA in 1999 with "Universal Escape". That just confused the hell out of people, especially since it was the really primitive days of the internet.

Although considering how there are guests who show up at Adventure Island waterpark in Tampa wondering where Harry Potter is as well as showing up at DHS and asking where it is, I guess you can never underestimate how dumb guests are.
You guys remember the old universal website with the 240p trailers for all the IOA rides? Man 1999 was one nostalgic year. Also yeah read the dumb guests quotes thread, you'll be rolling on the floor just laughing your ass off. "Excuse me sir can you turn off the ducks?" :pound:

Status
Not open for further replies.