Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Jim Hill article contains a zoomed-in look at the dragon footage from the ride. Clearly it has the trio riding the dragon, and it looks very computer generated. I'm guessing we get clips from the last movie, plus CG, and if we're lucky maybe some all-new audio that he recorded. Thankfully at least some of the actors came back to film, but not Dan.

Photo link: http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief1/b/jim_hill/archive/2014/05/13/huffington-post-harry-potter-cast-members-reunite-to-shoot-new-scenes-for-universal-orlando-s-quot-escape-from-gringotts-quot-thrill-ride.aspx

I can assure you any dragon riding that occurred in the films was also CG as well.

Both Alan Gilmore and Thierry Coup very heavily imply that Daniel Radcliffe (as well as the rest of the trio) were all there to film scenes for the ride in 2012.

In the interviews I have seen I have only heard them speak of "all new footage" and "the three major players including Dan will be seen in the attraction". Those could be misleading statements. The footage is all new because it is 100% CGI, created specifically for the ride, including the three main actors. I'll bet even Bellatrix is CGI.

In the interviews I have seen I have only heard them speak of "all new footage" and "the three major players including Dan will be seen in the attraction". Those could be misleading statements. The footage is all new because it is 100% CGI, created specifically for the ride, including the three main actors. I'll bet even Bellatrix is CGI.

Or footage filed but not used in the movie.

It was confirmed awhile ago that Rupert Grint and Helena Bonham Carter were filming at leavesden for WWOHP

Nothing too exciting today. Walls still up, dragon still down.

Painting the pink wall opposite King's Cross. Although I still don't understand putting up that very themed wall at the back of the alley and leaving the other backstage stuff visible in front of it.

Ding, your lights are on.

Somebody having some fun.

Closeup of the aging of Wyndham's.

Lionhead with lit globe along with another peak at the fencing through the wooden wall.

The berm extends pretty far now.

Apparently the clock tower is too clean.

Nothing too exciting today. Walls still up, dragon still down.

Painting the pink wall opposite King's Cross. Although I still don't understand putting up that very themed wall at the back of the alley and leaving the other backstage stuff visible in front of it.

The wall behind is for the view from INSIDE, on the station load platform. If there was no wall then guests would be looking outside past the loco engine to backstage and the parking lot and and distant palm trees.

Just noticed that Google Earth has new imagery of USF showing WWoHP Part II at a fairly advanced stage of construction. The date stamp says January 2014, but I'm sure it's only just gone onto Google Earth because I check it fairly regularly and haven't seen these images until today.

Probably most interesting is the Hogwarts Express track, which shows the crossover point mid way.

The wall behind is for the view from INSIDE, on the station load platform. If there was no wall then guests would be looking outside past the loco engine to backstage and the parking lot and and distant palm trees.

Ah well that wall makes sense now. Thanks.

Just noticed that Google Earth has new imagery of USF showing WWoHP Part II at a fairly advanced stage of construction. The date stamp says January 2014, but I'm sure it's only just gone onto Google Earth because I check it fairly regularly and haven't seen these images until today.

Probably most interesting is the Hogwarts Express track, which shows the crossover point mid way.

Thanks for the heads up, these are brand new. The date is probably when the pictures were taken.

Nice to see the complete HE track, and the footprint of DA. And this is also the first update since Transformers and Springfield were completed, also great to see.

Ah well that wall makes sense now. Thanks.

Great pics! Thanks, and sorry for not mentioning!

The aging on the Wyndham sucks. It looks like freshly dried watered-down black paint drizzles.

The aging on the clock tower AFTER they installed the clocks... real smart (sarcasm).

I look forward to seeing a dusk shot of the embankment lights at night and from across the lagoon.

Oooh... look familiar?
3403.jpg

http://www.lightsforalloccasions.co...lear-2-in-led-g50-bulbs-48-ft-black-wire.aspx

Last edited:
I can assure you any dragon riding that occurred in the films was also CG as well.

There's a difference between:
1) Filming an actor against a green screen and superimposing that footage on a CG dragon.
And
2) Creating the entire character digitally and animating it like a video game.

They did both in the movies. I wish we knew what was happening on this new ride! Very funny though, I guess I might have implied that dragons were real?

This might have already been brought up somewhere but is there a possibility that the interactive wands could possibly be used on HE? It would be pretty could to ward off a dementor with your own wand.

Status
Not open for further replies.