Is Rockit a Success or Failure? | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Rockit a Success or Failure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Rockit a sucess or failure?

• A success

Votes: 179 51.4%
  • A failure

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Still too early to tell

Votes: 51 14.7%

• Total voters
Rode this on Tuesday for the first time in a very long time....and it's still rough as heck.(worse than my last ride on Hulk) even my bro almost blacked out on the ride...and that never happens!

I wouldn't shed a single tear if they took a wrecking ball to that thing.

That may be exaggerating it a bit too much...sure the ride is a tad rough, but nowhere near the roughness of a wooden rollercoaster like Gwazi.
p.s. you will not see a wrecking ball taken to that thing any time soon at all

I know the Rockit isnt going anyhere anytime soon...that being said, sorry, but my last ride on Gwazi was only slightly more painful than the Rockit. It's just not smooth for a massive steel coaster. Both could be demoed and I wouldn't be sad one bit.

That may be exaggerating it a bit too much...sure the ride is a tad rough, but nowhere near the roughness of a wooden rollercoaster like Gwazi.
p.s. you will not see a wrecking ball taken to that thing any time soon at all

Agreed. Also, try riding Anaconda at Kings Dominion, a steel coaster. That is *far* worse than any rough ride I had on Rockit (which was just mere shakiness). You should be glad Rockit at least doesn't drag you in the back row like Anaconda. :jaw:

I'd say Disaster Transport at Cedar Point and Rolling Thunder at Six Flags Great Adventure, but they, thankfully, ceased to exist in the recent years. But there are still far worse rides out there than Rockit.

I know the Rockit isnt going anyhere anytime soon...that being said, sorry, but my last ride on Gwazi was only slightly more painful than the Rockit. It's just not smooth for a massive steel coaster. Both could be demoed and I wouldn't be sad one bit.

Well, you're getting your wish with Gwazi pretty soon! :thumbs:

Last edited:
Agreed. Also, try riding Anaconda at Kings Dominion, a steel coaster. That is *far* worse than any rough ride I had on Rockit (which was just mere shakiness). You should be glad Rockit at least doesn't drag you in the back row like Anaconda. :jaw:

I'd say Disaster Transport at Cedar Point and Rolling Thunder at Six Flags Great Adventure, but they, thankfully, ceased to exist in the recent years. But there are still far worse rides out there than Rockit.

Well, you're getting your wish with Gwazi pretty soon! :thumbs:

I just hope we get either a great new coaster or awesome dark ride in place of Gwazi. That's such a huge chunk of land...something big better go there soon!

I now listen to "loose yourself" by Eminem every time I ride.
I wouldn't shed a single tear if they took a wrecking ball to that thing.
I listened to Loose Yourself on Thursday night (#306 is one of the best), front row, and had the best ride I've ever had on Rockit (I've been on at least 50 times by now). While I agree that it's occasionally a rough ride, the enjoyment my friend and I experienced on this last ride puts it in the top 3 attractions at Universal for me. I usually get put in the back car where it'd definitely more rough... front row was smooth and thrilling.

Been ages since I've been on here, and totally forgot to write my experience of Rip Ride Rockit ! (Unless I have, I can't find it)

I've ridden all of the coasters over the years I've been to Universal/IOA/Busch/SeaWorld, and never have I felt so sick and dizzy after riding RRR. I basically had to sit down for an hour after, my head was spinning so much, and still had the sensation of air time every few seconds, was a horrible experience. Full on vertigo for a few days, put it this way, I got in one side of the bed that night and flew straight out the other I was that dizzy haha.

It's the only ride/coaster to have done that to me, and to be honest it's not even that "extreme". When I rode it, it really wasn't that rough. It's an OK ride, great queue and the trains were quite funky !

I'm sure there is a technical term to what I experienced after riding it, but yeah, I'll give that a wide berth from now on.

:lol:

If people knew half of the issues that transformers had before it opened then we be voting on that as well. All rides break its technology and moving parts.

The ride we had on Saturday was real rough (row 3) compared to the car we rode in back in March so I assume all cars have not been updated or it is not helping much.

I got lucky on Sunday as it was down for at least four hours so my daughter couldn't blame me for not riding again this past trip.

This is kind of a late posting, but I only type this because I went on it today (at a 10 minute wait!) It's still rough, as it was when I last rode it in 2011. The paint has faded and I see them repainting it in very small sections, almost like brush strokes really. Didn't Universal ask B&M to build Rip Ride since they built a similar coaster at US Japan? I wish they did because then the ride wouldn't be having all of this negative backlash, in terms of the coaster it self.

Yea this really needs a fresh coat of paint badly. Should paint fade like that after only 5 years operation?
In this hot scorching Florida sun? Yep. Look at how quickly paint fades on other rides and attractions at all the theme parks in central Florida. Repainting things has to be done almost yearly to keep things bright.

I still think this thing should be torn down and replaced with a B&M version.

;)

This is kind of a late posting, but I only type this because I went on it today (at a 10 minute wait!) It's still rough, as it was when I last rode it in 2011. The paint has faded and I see them repainting it in very small sections, almost like brush strokes really. Didn't Universal ask B&M to build Rip Ride since they built a similar coaster at US Japan? I wish they did because then the ride wouldn't be having all of this negative backlash, in terms of the coaster it self.

I think that either B&M did not have the time back then and Universal did not want to wait or they did not feel like investing that much money and thus went with Maurer.

Ride has not been rough on me last few times, though there is a huge difference in roughness between front and back. The front row I find is quite smooth now.

Paintjob would be great and if possible they should put some smoke in the part where you go through the building.

I think that either B&M did not have the time back then and Universal did not want to wait or they did not feel like investing that much money and thus went with Maurer.
I think it was a mixture of both...remember this was thrown up pre-Potter to level out crowds..Universal was quite strapped for cash at the time..if I recall B&M was busy with other projects at the time..

I would kill for a Hyper-Coaster version of RRR..it will never happen

I think it was a mixture of both...remember this was thrown up pre-Potter to level out crowds..Universal was quite strapped for cash at the time..if I recall B&M was busy with other projects at the time..

I would kill for a Hyper-Coaster version of RRR..it will never happen

There was also the rumor floating around that B&M wasn't willing to build the vertical lift-hill, non-inverting loop, and 2 separate track courses at the end. Not sure if there's any truth to that rumor or not, but it would make sense, as B&M has never done anything like that before and they're pretty conservative in their designs. Changes come S-L-O-W-L-Y with them.

Since I can't get my question answered by sending it directly to the podcast, I'll ask it here: did they ever finish the Rockit train upgrades that they started last summer? Last I heard, they finished the 2 trains and then there was the minor accident and the project was halted temporarily. Nothing ever came out regarding it after that. Was it finished? Was it cancelled? It was supposed to be finished prior to the completion of Diagon Alley, according to Hate. Anyone know more?