Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue I have is that it's the Dino-Rama effect: spending more money on making it look cheap than it would take to actually do it cheap or do something different.

A book store would have a cheap sign, especially with the declining sales of books. And they have to spend more to make it look cheap. An actual printout would fade quickly and the paper would separate on the perforation.

A book store would have a cheap sign, especially with the declining sales of books. And they have to spend more to make it look cheap. An actual printout would fade quickly and the paper would separate on the perforation.

And the music and book store feature items from the time frame of the Potter books, so I wouldn't say there's deicing book sales then.

Again, not suggesting use a real print out, but why not a chalk sign or white board? There's other 'cheap' looking solutions that look better, in my opinion.

And the music and book store feature items from the time frame of the Potter books, so I wouldn't say there's deicing book sales then.

Again, not suggesting use a real print out, but why not a chalk sign or white board? There's other 'cheap' looking solutions that look better, in my opinion.

Are we really going to start nitpicking why they used a paper sign instead of a chalkboard? Really?

Book sales were on the decline then (if you don't count potter books), and at that point the big guys were pushing the mom and pop shops out of business. But reguardless, it's a choice to do a cheap "Sale" sign. That's the kind of sign a store like that would use. No need to go out and buy a white board or a chalk sign, just put a printed sign in the window. I saw Publix use printed signs to advertise a sale a few weeks ago, taped to the door.

6696190.gif

9ESdj.gif

Do they ever start softs at a specific time? Also..wouldn't it only work for people with annual passes or park to park ?

Its not about it looking it cheap, its about it looking authentic. Walk down any neighborhood of a major city and tell me what small book stores have in the window. Signs like that pepper village bookstores in Chicago. Chalkboards might be seen in some cutesy fashion/jewlery stores. Just as always, THE business that strives on paper will use paper.

Last edited:
This is really looking great! I had a dream about entering the land last night but it turned out to be a horrific dream, all of Diagon Alley turned out to be just one big picture on a big board and Gringott's was just an elaborate boat ride! Haha the things you dream about...

P.S. this discussion about the sale sign is so ridiculous! :lol:

Well, if this were Disney....

Easy Disney fans, I kid, I kid.

This is really looking great! I had a dream about entering the land last night but it turned out to be a horrific dream, all of Diagon Alley turned out to be just one big picture on a big board and Gringott's was just an elaborate boat ride! Haha the things you dream about...

Oh my god, I had a dream like that a couple months ago, but when I went in it was still just dirt, and one building in the back for Gringotts, its was terrible! Haha

I had a dream like 3 weeks ago that I went on the ride and it was exactly The Mummy ride, but with nothing around me at all, just brick walls! It was the weirdest thing. I was telling my friend that Harry was supposed to come out eventually and the dragon too. Such a weird dream haha.

I had a Gringotts dream too! The ride was just going through an empty show building, but for some reason the catwalks on the brake sections were themed with cobblestones and red block paving :lol:

That Orlando Parks tweet about a 6:00 soft opening even caused an uproar over at the Orlando Informer Forums. Hatfield is emphatically denying that he had anything to do with it since there was a report from the crowd lining up that the TM's there blamed the rumor on OI. Some posters were talking about tar & feathers for the tweeter. Man, he really caused a lot of issues with that false rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.