Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 356 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think this Quiet Opening is a step in the wrong direction for Universal. For us its fine, we can figure out a general idea regarding when itll open, but it really screws over the general public. People have to plan vacations and stuff. I dont know, it seems wrong to me for Universal to tease people and not just get an opening date set. I cant defend them on this one.

I'll be there!

Also note, today is commercial filming day at Diagon per Twitter. The lab built, corporate, simulated, multi-ethnic, families in non descript colored shirts are out!

21st is Saturday and really is tempting to drive up and be there that morning. Not so much to ride and see everything (which I do want to but being semi local I know ill be back not too long after) but more so to see and be part of the madness that day as well as get some photos of the new area.

Keep in mind also though that it was at least initially driven by necessity. I think if they'd been weeks ahead in March and known a certain date they may well have announced it, even with what happened before. I think having passed the phase when they could reasonably have announced a specific date as future rather than imminent, they may have realised it was actually beneficial as well and decided to keep it zipped even after there eventually came a time when they could have announced a date.

Either way I will be there on the 21st! I know I may not get everything done, but that is the beauty of having an AP. I just want to experience it again. Especially if we have an OU meetup :)

21st is Saturday and really is tempting to drive up and be there that morning. Not so much to ride and see everything (which I do want to but being semi local I know ill be back not too long after) but more so to see and be part of the madness that day as well as get some photos of the new area.

Do it Mike! I'll be there as well :thumbs:

Hopefully Fallon has some special DA stuff for the taping audience, too! I'd love to be able to get a preview! I finally got the 19th off work and things are finally lining up, so I hope thinks keep going my way, because that would be sooo awesome!

Do it Mike! I'll be there as well :thumbs:

Hopefully Fallon has some special DA stuff for the taping audience, too! I'd love to be able to get a preview! I finally got the 19th off work and things are finally lining up, so I hope thinks keep going my way, because that would be sooo awesome!

Only thing holding me up are the funds to get up there. Throwing a dual kids birthday park the following weekend and those things are no joke an arm and a leg to have :lol:

Keep in mind also though that it was at least initially driven by necessity. I think if they'd been weeks ahead in March and known a certain date they may well have announced it, even with what happened before. I think having passed the phase when they could reasonably have announced a specific date as future rather than imminent, they may have realised it was actually beneficial as well and decided to keep it zipped even after there eventually came a time when they could have announced a date.

I think they've played this by ear since the fall. They would have announced a date if they could.

In other words. Both methods working in tandem, as I suggested.

No. The ride operators use BRAC for accessing the ride for such things as evacs. The technicians use LOTO when doing active maintenance that requires the ride be brought to zero energy. Very rarely are these both done at the same time.

At most rides the technicians can access the ride tracks with the rides in motion (the only exception is the gravity zones of coasters where the track is close to the ground). This is true for ride evacuations, technicians are not using LOTO or BRAC when in the ride track during one.

I really think this Quiet Opening is a step in the wrong direction for Universal. For us its fine, we can figure out a general idea regarding when itll open, but it really screws over the general public. People have to plan vacations and stuff. I dont know, it seems wrong to me for Universal to tease people and not just get an opening date set. I cant defend them on this one.

But people can plan vacations. If you plan a vacation from I believe the 29th of this month forward through UPR you can guarantee you'll get into DA. The only thing this is making it hard to do is be there grand opening day, which was a major source of guest complaints from phase 1.

Does anybody have the link to that company that did sculpting for the HP movies? It was posted here a while back, and I've searched everywhere for it and cannot find it. I should have bookmarked it! They did other movies too, but loads of work for all the HP movies. Many great pictures on their site.

Also I was just thinking again of how I can't wait to try warm butterbeer. I haven't heard anyone mention it lately, but I hope it becomes a permanent part of the menu at Leaky.

I'd think that the general public who has to plan a vacation isn't going to plan a vacation to be a part of an opening day where they have to wait hours just to get into the park, let alone everything else. If you are planning a vacation to be at opening day, you are an enthusiast.

Seven Dwarves Mine Train this is not.

I'd think that the general public who has to plan a vacation isn't going to plan a vacation to be a part of an opening day where they have to wait hours just to get into the park, let alone everything else. If you are planning a vacation to be at opening day, you are an enthusiast.

Yes, and their website makes it very clear how to plan a vacation to experience Diagon Alley. They have specific packages for it it's not an issue at all.

Today was the second day in a row that 3 planes in formation circled over universal. I tried to take some quick pictures from my back yard but they didn't turn out very good. Any clue how these would tie into the opening? Seems as if they are doing some test runs just like the jets did a few days before Transformers opened, those damn things scared the crap out me as they came very low over my house and I wasn't expecting them, these were prop planes I believe. I understood the connection to that but can't figure out what the planes would do for diagon opening.

Today was the second day in a row that 3 planes in formation circled over universal. I tried to take some quick pictures from my back yard but they didn't turn out very good. Any clue how these would tie into the opening? Seems as if they are doing some test runs just like the jets did a few days before Transformers opened, those damn things scared the crap out me as they came very low over my house and I wasn't expecting them, these were prop planes I believe. I understood the connection to that but can't figure out what the planes would do for diagon opening.

Haven't heard anything about planes for grand opening and they don't really fit. Curious.

Yes, and their website makes it very clear how to plan a vacation to experience Diagon Alley. They have specific packages for it it's not an issue at all.

We really can't undervalue how many people were upset for phase 1's opening. For some reason people felt if they showed up on the grand opening day they would get to see the ceremony and see the stars (despite it never being publicized that way)

Status
Not open for further replies.