Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to understand that grand opening for WWoHP Hogsmeade was the most unusual day in the resort's history. I have no idea how things will go down this time around, I am just giving information for how things operate on a day-to-day basis.

You have to understand that grand opening for WWoHP Hogsmeade was the most unusual day in the resort's history. I have no idea how things will go down this time around, I am just giving information for how things operate on a day-to-day basis.

Thanks! Sorry I was vague, what mean is that on an official opening day that they announce early openings of the garage (like they did with phase 1) I would try and enter CityWalk as the garages are opening.

*update*

Lots of filming and special guests going into Diagon Alley today. I believe this will be for the Tonight Show.

Last edited by a moderator:

I know :) Just sharing my experience.

Looking forward to the upcoming tonight show episodes...

I'm still scratching my head about Knocturne...since Borgin and Burkes is an actual shop...are we not going to see a functioning vanishing cabinet?

And I keep wondering if we're going to see the muggle footbridge in kings cross..

Looking forward to the upcoming tonight show episodes...

I'm still scratching my head about Knocturne...since Borgin and Burkes is an actual shop...are we not going to see a functioning vanishing cabinet?

And I keep wondering if we're going to see the muggle footbridge in kings cross..

Not sure about the vanishing cabinet but Universal will make dollars disappear from many wallets as soon as they can open their new expansion. :lol:

Were you not paying attention during phase 1?

54408252.jpg

This Potter thing is kind of a big deal.

My cousins planned their vacation during 4th week. Not knowing anything about Diagon Alley. Good luck to them, they're not expecting to be in the middle of that. I imagine the lines for the train at least would be hours wait.

If Elsa and Anna from Frozen still gets 4 hour lines at Disney, I expect this opening to be on par with that.

When I went for Phase I, I was able to get into the garages and past security at around 5 AM. I got in line by Jurassic Park at around 5:30, and there were at least 1,000 people ahead of me, if not more. I don't know if it's changed or not...but that's what happened last time around for me.

So they let you into Island of adventure early?
i hope they do that this time.

This is why you HAVE to go to soft openings, you never know what kind of unforeseen things can happen. It would be unfortunate if that happens but wouldn't it be spectacular to watch!:smiley:

In all seriousness though that's from a helicopter presumably using a very good zoom lens, that can really mess up the perspective of things.

I was at the opening of Islands of adventure and a huge Palm Tree fell down burying guests (think it was 2 or 3 ).

Hey everyone, I'm trying to gather as many questions as I can to ask the actors and creative team on Wednesday. So if you have any you'd like me to ask send them my way and I'll do my best to get them answered.

I'll be posting some updates to my twitter @armendez20 (not asking for a follow, just saying you can check there) and I'll post any reviews or comments on here after.

I think I need to lay off the [HASHTAG]#potterwatch[/HASHTAG]. @FLThrillParks just tweeted this and now I want to puke.

"Rumor is [HASHTAG]#potterwatch[/HASHTAG] Harry potter won't be open BY the 30th...we heard "much later" but before august....again just a rumor."

Obviously just conjecture but the thought still saddens me.

So If I were hanging out by where the tonight show will be filming, what are the odds I can get in without a ticket? (to the filming, I have park tickets already)

Sorry if this has already been analyzed to death, but it seems the "bridge to nowhere"/overheard train tracks only exist for TM access to Ollivander's, correct? I think a lot of folks assumed it was for access to the Leaky Cauldron, but at 4:07 in the new aerial video, you can plainly see access from the bridge into the Ollivander's building. I guess this makes sense for all the TM traffic in and out of that building (actors, etc.).

Sorry if this has already been analyzed to death, but it seems the "bridge to nowhere"/overheard train tracks only exist for TM access to Ollivander's, correct? I think a lot of folks assumed it was for access to the Leaky Cauldron, but at 4:07 in the new aerial video, you can plainly see access from the bridge into the Ollivander's building. I guess this makes sense for all the TM traffic in and out of that building (actors, etc.).

Nope. We access these buildings from the ground. The bridge is not for TM use

Whoa! iThemePark just posted a fantastic helicopter video.

Thanks for posting! Such an excellent video! Everything looks stunning! :thumbs:

So If I were hanging out by where the tonight show will be filming, what are the odds I can get in without a ticket? (to the filming, I have park tickets already)

I don't think you'll be able to get into a guarded backstage sound stage without a ticket, but you can always go early and try to get a ticket on a stand-by basis. There may be people who cancel or don't show up, or they may even have some tickets saved for people to get on the day of. But nothing is guaranteed.

So we still don't have an opening date...I can only think of 2 reasons for this. Either Universal is completely paranoid about the crowds or there's more issues with Gringott's that haven't been fixed.

Thoughts?

Well, this is exciting. I'm already betting on a soft opening in some capacity next weekend. Maybe I'll get lucky, but if not it I'm still going to have a great trip!

I spent some time attempting to catch up with all that's been happening on Diagon Alley and I have some questions I hope you fine folks could answer for me...
- Does the dragon breathe fire or a fog cloud of some type? The hazard symbol (NFPA 704) on the tanks are impossible to read from the helicopter shots. They appear a bit small for holding enough propane volume for repeated flames unless there is a separate tank nearby.
- There are a series of glass enclosures located to the right of the entrance in what I presume would be Knockturn alley. Is that Knockturn alley or some other attraction under the glass?
- How immersive will Diagon feel with towering buildings tightly around you? :smiley:

Well, this is exciting. I'm already betting on a soft opening in some capacity next weekend. Maybe I'll get lucky, but if not it I'm still going to have a great trip!

I spent some time attempting to catch up with all that's been happening on Diagon Alley and I have some questions I hope you fine folks could answer for me...
- Does the dragon breathe fire or a fog cloud of some type? The hazard symbol (NFPA 704) on the tanks are impossible to read from the helicopter shots. They appear a bit small for holding enough propane volume for repeated flames unless there is a separate tank nearby.
- There are a series of glass enclosures located to the right of the entrance in what I presume would be Knockturn alley. Is that Knockturn alley or some other attraction under the glass?
- How immersive will Diagon feel with towering buildings tightly around you? :smiley:

The enclosures are for Carkitt Market I believe

- The dragon breathes fire.
- That's Carkitt Market. Knockturn is located indoors on the left side of Diagon.
- Pretty immersive I would think. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.