Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Diagon Alley Soft Opening Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: Word has it that WB is on site in force today reviewing everything, with the sole purpose of clearing each item as ready for primetime.

Tomorrow night is a private event in Diagon for Comcast employees only. (clarification, it is probably a Comcast hosted event... for any of the VIPs from various entities.)

Another private event is scheduled for Friday night, also in Diagon. (anyone know what this is about?)

(sorry if any or all of this is already known, I just wanted it out there if not.)

Last edited:
Update: Word has it that WB is on site in force today reviewing everything, with the sole purpose of clearing each item as ready for primetime.

Tomorrow night is a private event in Diagon for Comcast employees only.

Another private event is scheduled for Friday night, also in Diagon.

(sorry if any or all of this is already known, I just wanted it out there if not.)

Thanks Teebs. So TMs probably Thursday night and Friday morning, the maybe softs this weekend/next week?

Duh, sometime I miss the forest for the trees. Theoretically, the press will ride Gringotts, correct? Will they be cleared to review everything in writing or will there be restrictions. I really look forward to sharp reviews of HE and Gringotts.

Duh, sometime I miss the forest for the trees. Theoretically, the press will ride Gringotts, correct? Will they be cleared to review everything in writing or will there be restrictions. I really look forward to sharp reviews of HE and Gringotts.

VIP winners were told they'd ride Gringotts. Now I'm curious on your choice of wording...

I'll take any review at this point. Any kind of real confirmation that this thing has had humans on it that didn't help create it.

Some key excepts from the media itinerary I got tonight:

Wed 6/18
7 p.m. to 10 p.m.​
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley Preview Event
• The event includes a red carpet featuring Harry Potter film stars, starting at 7 p.m. Upon arrival to the event location, you will be directed to set on a platform to watch the red carpet arrivals, and also an exciting “moment” featuring Harry Potter film stars.
• After the “moment,” you can enjoy a reception inside The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley. Please note that all camera equipment must remain on the media platform during the reception.

Thurs 6/19
9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.​
Media Day in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley
• You will attend a Q&A session with Harry Potter film stars and members of Universal Creative.
• During this period you will also have exclusive access to Diagon Alley and all of its experiences so you can capture additional information and images for your story.
• Lunch will be provided at Leaky Cauldron.

Some key excepts from the media itinerary I got tonight:

Wed 6/18
7 p.m. to 10 p.m.​
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley Preview Event
• The event includes a red carpet featuring Harry Potter film stars, starting at 7 p.m. Upon arrival to the event location, you will be directed to set on a platform to watch the red carpet arrivals, and also an exciting “moment” featuring Harry Potter film stars.
• After the “moment,” you can enjoy a reception inside The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley. Please note that all camera equipment must remain on the media platform during the reception.

Thurs 6/19
9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.​
Media Day in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley
• You will attend a Q&A session with Harry Potter film stars and members of Universal Creative.
• During this period you will also have exclusive access to Diagon Alley and all of its experiences so you can capture additional information and images for your story.
• Lunch will be provided at Leaky Cauldron.

Is there a private event happening Thursday night? Or is it Friday?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.