Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 389 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the kind of things that drive people away posting on forums. A forum is a place where many people can share their opinions. I'm just as critical of Disney as I am Universal, if not moreso with Disney.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm happy that Universal got the rights as opposed to Disney. Disney wouldn't have done the license justice and we wouldn't have gotten a ride on the scale of Forbidden Journey.

And I'm sorry if I (or anybody else) came off as hostile. Lots of people here are sensitive because so often in theme park communities, the Disney fans are so very rabbid... And the criticism of the wizarding world in the past has been relatively ridiculous... You're certainly entitled to your opinion, and I'd add that the likely reason JK is okay with the wall being open is because she is reasonable and she's seen what Universal does do with her work, and it's pretty spectacular. Keep in mind Disney was (supposedly) pitching a point and shoot ride and that was it... Considering the scale of this, all things included, I feel like J.K. probably felt (as I do) that in the grand scheme of things, they've achieved the feel of Diagon Alley - it's hidden within London, in spite of a non-moving brick wall.
Again, I am really sorry I came off as hostile - I didn't intend to make anyone feel unwelcome :wave:

And I'm sorry if I (or anybody else) came off as hostile. Lots of people here are sensitive because so often in theme park communities, the Disney fans are so very rabbid... And the criticism of the wizarding world in the past has been relatively ridiculous... You're certainly entitled to your opinion, and I'd add that the likely reason JK is okay with the wall being open is because she is reasonable and she's seen what Universal does do with her work, and it's pretty spectacular. Keep in mind Disney was (supposedly) pitching a point and shoot ride and that was it... Considering the scale of this, all things included, I feel like J.K. probably felt (as I do) that in the grand scheme of things, they've achieved the feel of Diagon Alley - it's hidden within London, in spite of a non-moving brick wall.
Again, I am really sorry I came off as hostile - I didn't intend to make anyone feel unwelcome :wave:

You've been good for conversation. Your points are well composed and carry strings facts. It's just people who post a picture for a response to my opinion that I feel at least was constructive on both sides.

Some of you need to calm down, seriously. It seems whenever someone comes on here and nitpicks something saying they don't exactly like how it was done, there's 10 people who jump out and call them haters and tell them to "stop, it's not going to be perfect. How dare you criticize a little and have an opinion." This is the point of discussion threads... to discuss! I, personally, don't like the entrance either. Did I really think it was going to be like in the movies? No, but I can still say I don't like it, just like I absolutely hate that goblins are using wands in 'Escape from Gringotts'. It's a little detail that they could have done without, and it was little simple, fixable, details like that that made me not like the movies anywhere close to how I love the books. All I'm saying is some of you don't have to tell off people when they come on here and say something they don't like about this land that you all seem to think is absolutely perfect, which, I think is insanely amazing, but it's not perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, please I'm not trying to start a fight with anyone. I'm just saying how I feel when I see some responses some of you leave to people who state an opinion.

Reactions: Frogki
We just saw on the webcast on how the interactive wands will work. Yeah, I'd rather just stand by the windows and watch other people trigger the effects. Seems like it's going to get boring after awhile.

So happy the Orlando weather is holding up! No rain on the red carpet and the sunset on Diagon Alley is looking great.

Never could get the damn webcast to play...changed the timezone, browser, everything. BS I tell you, Universal!!! All I get is ERROR: no source found on the black screen!:saw:

The livestream so far is just interviews with videos we've already seen in between. Exciting for sure, but you guys aren't missing anything out of this world.

Yeah, so far I'm unimpressed because I've already seen all this stuff.

However: there will be buskers in London playing music, and the Knight Bus conductor (not Stan Shunpike) will have a few scripted bits with the shrunken head.

Also apparently some of the puppets used in the Beedle The Bard shows are 16 feet tall!

Hopefully I can catch a soft opening before the Great Tourist Flood.

Only advantage I have is living less than 10 miles away from the park, but work neutralizes that.

It's been interesting following this transformation from the twilight and end of Amity to the rise and beginning of Diagon Alley as a local.

Hmmmm....What's with the long post-interviews delay? One honest criticism is that Disney produces better, more polished receptions (in general) than Universal.

I don't understand why the "Big 3" do not participate in these events

Trying to differentiate themselves from the roles and previous engagements probably. I know that Dan's still in a Broadway production so he's doing shows every night. Emma might be filming, and if she's not doing that she may be taking a break. I'm not sure about Rupert but he's been involved in a few films lately as well. It kind of feels weird with them not bein there but they have busy lives and I'm sure they have their reasons for not attending, either out of desire or die to prior commitments...

Status
Not open for further replies.