Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 390 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was lovely and all but I wanted more... Woulda been nice to time a passholder preview email to send out at the end of it.

I'm glad Universal seems to have mostly figured out the whole webcast thing. Big improvement of the past ones! And the Knight Bus Conductor is just to perfect.

The speeches and little "ceremony" were very special, in my opinion. As somebody who has grown up with the series etc. etc., Robbie Coltrane waving his umbrella and saying "welcome to Diagon Alley" really hit home, and it was so nice when they cut to Diagon Alley full of wizard people.

Tomorrow is going to be an absolute deluge of media previews. I'm so excited I might die.

Most Hilarious Moment: When the Fandango host asked Matthew Lewis what the Dragon atop Gringotts should be named. Matthew responded "Neville! Let's name him Neville". Hahaha.

Hmmmm....What's with the long post-interviews delay? One honest criticism is that Disney produces better, more polished receptions (in general) than Universal.
Very Very true!!! This could be something that Universal couple improve upon in the future!

really surprised that people are saying this isn't designed well. I mean, really? I understand you'd like Harry himself to greet you when you enter, but come on, lets get practical. This is an area that is already very enclosed and will be filled with tourists, UOR needed to make these buildings as safe and fire hazard proof as possible. Given these restraints, I think they knocked the theme out of the park. There seems to be details everywhere you look. I think it even looks more impressive then it's sister village. Can you imagine that this used to be a giant lake with a big rubber shark in it?

I was happy that the host actually seemed happy and confident with the presentation, and actually was asking some interesting questions of the stars.

Plus, the interview with the show designer! How excited/happy was that dude!? He had me smiling in anticipation. All those great live performers are really going to flesh out the architecture and make it feel like an inhabited place. His enthusiasm alone was worth the show.

I'm glad Universal seems to have mostly figured out the whole webcast thing. Big improvement of the past ones! And the Knight Bus Conductor is just to perfect.

Their Facebook page would say otherwise. There were at least 75 unhappy complaints at "8:15" when I went there to try to figure out WTF it wouldn't work(never did). There is no need to have to switch time zones on your computer, not have it work with Chrome, close this or that and restart your computer. I bet the stream was better than the ERROR: no source found I got watch.

I'll see it in a couple of months personally so I guess I shouldn't sweat it...but still.

Their Facebook page would say otherwise. There were at least 75 unhappy complaints at "8:15" when I went there to try to figure out WTF it wouldn't work(never did). There is no need to have to switch time zones on your computer, not have it work with Chrome, close this or that and restart your computer. I bet the stream was better than the ERROR: no source found I got watch.

I'll see it in a couple of months personally so I guess I shouldn't sweat it...but still.

I just hit reload a few minutes after and it was live and playing. The switch to live was glitchy I guess.

really surprised that people are saying this isn't designed well. I mean, really? I understand you'd like Harry himself to greet you when you enter, but come on, lets get practical. This is an area that is already very enclosed and will be filled with tourists, UOR needed to make these buildings as safe and fire hazard proof as possible. Given these restraints, I think they knocked the theme out of the park. There seems to be details everywhere you look. I think it even looks more impressive then it's sister village. Can you imagine that this used to be a giant lake with a big rubber shark in it?

I think it looks better than Hogsmeade/Hogwarts easily. Which says a lot.

I am loving the entrance marquee for EG.

BqdQaISCYAAHI1w.jpg

It was glitchy for me a few times and I occasionally had to refresh the page, but it still worked. Mostly.

TPI is giving a live blow by blow of queueing for the ride. You should all follow or constantly reload on twitter.

https://twitter.com/ThemePark

Arthur Levine ‏@AboutThemeParks 10m

Interactive wands are $44.95 at @UniversalORL Wizarding World. Universal may as well print money. pic.twitter.com/K7ZLRej9k5
Embedded image permalink

I had no problems streaming it in Chrome. Even started it on Chrome on my Mac and then loaded it up on my iPad, also in Chrome, and streamed it to my Apple TV. Looked great and in HD. I was quite surprised that it worked in iOS.

I was expecting at least a few rotating bricks or a projection similar to the Platform 9 3/4 effect. I'm just extremely surprised JK and WB were okay with this lackluster entrance. Wasn't the entrance to Diagon Alley a big reason why JK didn't sell the rights to Disney? I'm just surprised, that's all.
The entrance had nothing to do with why Disney didn't get the rights to the IP. Disney's pitch was Toy Story Mania with wands and a gift shop selling Harry/Mickey, Harmione/Minnie, and Goofy/Voldemort mashups.

Reactions: hildyp0824
Status
Not open for further replies.