Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, she's a tempermental beast isn't she! And by she, I mean the ride. Seems EG just went down again?

- - - -

@RichOBJ
"Well Gringotts broke down before we could ride and we made call to get more pics before this place shuts down. [HASHTAG]#DiagonAlleyPreview[/HASHTAG]"

Here's ThemeParkInsider's shot of the boarding area hastily lightened up a little bit:

tumblr_n7e8ywfguU1qb9f71o1_500.png

So, did ANYBODY get to ride Gringotts all the way through tonight? Ugh. So close.

Oh man. Andrew Sims just tweeted "I won’t name names but several stars were stuck inside Gringotts while it was down. They came out all smiles though."

I'm sending my condolences to Universal's pride.

It looks like some people are still "inching along" in the Gringotts line, so we may get some solid reactions yet.

--

tumblr_n7e9qa0r5O1qb9f71o1_500.jpg

From InsideTheMagic. The pictures move. I'm in love.

Also, I think I've posted more tonight than in any day of the five+ years I've been on this site. I'm still a rookie.

Last edited:
Is it only me or is anyone else pissed off that Disney and Universal, alike, don't do event previews like this for their annual passholders?

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone posting all the blow-by-blow Tweets and photos and videos from Diagon Alley tonight. This is so much more fun than sitting in a pub and watching people kick a ball around on the television screen (which is what it seems everyone else I know is doing tonight)

AND WE HAVE A WINNER! From Theme Park Insider:

"Theme Park Insider ‏@ThemePark 38s
Broke down on first attempt. The second? Wow. Even better than Forbidden Journey. [HASHTAG]#gringotts[/HASHTAG]"

From @ThemePark:

"Broke down on first attempt. The second? Wow. Even better than Forbidden Journey. [HASHTAG]#gringotts[/HASHTAG]"

From @Attractions:

"We rode most of the way through Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts until it broke down. But what we did experience was awesome. We'd describe Gringotts ride as a cross between Mummy and Spider-Man or Transformers. Very thrilling."

Is it only me or is anyone else pissed off that Disney and Universal, alike, don't do event previews like this for their annual passholders?

I kind of agree, screw the media. Though I know Universal wants them to hype everything up for business. But it sounds like we may get an AP preview day, I just hope they give us a heads up so I can request it off work.

Status
Not open for further replies.