Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 402 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd actauly want to see a Posiedons Fury type show but with 3D on the Ministry of Magic. Using Live actors playing

Deatheaters and Dementors and the Screens would have something like a Peppers ghost but it is Harry, Dumbledore,

Voldermort, and others in a esscense that your on a Tour through the Ministry of Magic and then you get caught up in

the middle of a battle starting so you take shelter in one of the viewing areas that they can say and you see the

action from there.

I think after hearing the voice actors for the cast in Diagon, our chances of seeing the big stars are gone, especially after 4 more years or so.

I think after hearing the voice actors for the cast in Diagon, our chances of seeing the big stars are gone, especially after 4 more years or so.

I think Jason Issacs and Ralph Fiennes would be open to returning. Actually, any of the adults would return, IMO. And that's all you need for MoM, IMO.

Last edited:
True, but I think the chances of seeing Harry/Ron/Hermoine are slim to none at this point

If they are smart, they will base future attractions off of the upcoming Fantastic Beasts movie. Assuming it's the hit we all think it will be. It will make sense with Diagon Alley and the rest of the wizarding world, so they could tie future attractions to any of the existing lands.

If they are smart, they will base future attractions off of the upcoming Fantastic Beasts movie. Assuming it's the hit we all think it will be. It will make sense with Diagon Alley and the rest of the wizarding world, so they could tie future attractions to any of the existing lands.

I thiink the IoA expansion will, but Ministry of Magic will more than likely focus on the timeline we know

The website that I guess cannot be named (?) has posted a bunch of photos and a video of the most picturesque part of the expansion. The Knight Bus ticket-taker....sigh...swoon.

[video=youtube;1a9fuXHH2YM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a9fuXHH2YM[/video]

[URL=http://s1333.photobucket.com/user/badlactose/media/IMG_3427-610x409_zps821aba7d.jpg.html]
[IMG]http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/w628/badlactose/IMG_3427-610x409_zps821aba7d.jpg[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_3422_zpsb2971222.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

^ When we see the WESH 2 Breaking News report about a ticket taker being held hostage on the knight's bus at USF, we will know that BL is in town.

On another note, does anyone here know if there is one culprit with the Gringotts ride or are there a few locations that bring it to a hault? I know that the drop track was an issue at one time. Does it shut down even if the video goes out of sync? I would love to see such a list and the work-arounds that engineers come up with.

In the meantime, I will kick some ankles and see what I can find out. Thank goodness I have ankles to kick!

^ When we see the WESH 2 Breaking News report about a ticket taker being held hostage on the knight's bus at USF, we will know that BL is in town.

On another note, does anyone here know if there is one culprit with the Gringotts ride or are there a few locations that bring it to a hault? I know that the drop track was an issue at one time. Does it shut down even if the video goes out of sync? I would love to see such a list and the work-arounds that engineers come up with.

In the meantime, I will kick some ankles and see what I can find out. Thank goodness I have ankles to kick!

Yes, for someone like me who hasn't ever worked on a theme park ride system, it seems like it would be really simple to just adjust a sensor so it wouldn't stop the ride or something, but I know it's not quite that simple, lol.

If I were to guess, I guess it would be with the tilt/teeter totter track drop or the kuka arm. Or maybe timing with the scenes, not being reset in time? I would really like to know as well. Tech fascinates me. :lol:

Speaking from transferable experience with ride systems I am familiar with, rather than Gringotts specifically of which I have no insider knowledge...

I would personally have to imagine it's the moving track elements and anything else tied to the blocking system - although I don't know the specifics of how it is used, if the Kuka arm does obstruct the ride envelope as much as was hinted at by several people then it will doubtless have a 'safe' clearance position which then clears the block for the approaching train to proceed, just as with the switch track. If the system is not satisfied that the clearance position has been reached or if it thinks it detects movement it will shut down. With both these elements combined, either or both of them could be causing these kinds of trips.

I highly doubt if show elements such as screen and sound syncing are grounds for a full shutdown and evac.

Not sure of the validity of it, but I was told sensors on the track are giving them the current trouble.

Interesting article on ride sequencing here

I would guess that this is what they are battling with, the sheer scale of getting this right for Gringotts (do we have an abbreviation yet? EFG?) must behind boggling.

I remember when Thirteen opened at Alton Towers they were still trying to get it right on opening morning, for the record they managed it and the ride hit near capacity from the off.

Interesting Interview with John Wardley talking about sequencing and working with trick tracks. Only a short interview but does give a small insight.

JUMP TO AROUND 5.40

[video=youtube;jx4WXnRvaSU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx4WXnRvaSU#t=322[/video]

Last edited:
I love this performance. I like it better than the tale show.

[video=youtube;MWdOo5YHUR0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWdOo5YHUR0[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.