Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
At around 10:40 it shows Shutterbutton's Photography Studio, and it appears that you can purchase moving pictures of your family. Is this the case? That would be awesome!

Yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Flashback: If you have watched the video of the Bard's tale of two brothers, you may have been looking for the mechanical gears and box thingy that I riddled here a few months back. Well, it was cut. I knew this shortly after the riddle but I didn't have the heart to tell you that things were cut.

What replaced it you might wonder? It was replaced by the scroll shooting out of the cauldron, letting the players know what perform. The original plans were for a wild mechanical device with gears etc. that would rise up out of a wooden box and present the tale to be performed.

Tale of Two Brothers youtube

Is this a separate box from the one which provides a backdrop for the first brother at the inn "scene"? It is my understanding that this element is still being completed for daily operation.

Flashback: If you have watched the video of the Bard's tale of two brothers, you may have been looking for the mechanical gears and box thingy that I riddled here a few months back. Well, it was cut. I knew this shortly after the riddle but I didn't have the heart to tell you that things were cut.

What replaced it you might wonder? It was replaced by the scroll shooting out of the cauldron, letting the players know what perform. The original plans were for a wild mechanical device with gears etc. that would rise up out of a wooden box and present the tale to be performed.

Ah, that's a shame. But the ejaculating scroll cauldron is a pretty elegant and nifty alternative. I would love to see the concept art for the gear box though.

Yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this a separate box from the one which provides a backdrop for the first brother at the inn "scene"? It is my understanding that this element is still being completed for daily operation.
There was no backdrop for the inn scene in the 2 shows I saw.

- - - Updated - - -

At around 10:40 it shows Shutterbutton's Photography Studio, and it appears that you can purchase moving pictures of your family. Is this the case? That would be awesome!

It's a DVD you record in front of a green screen. Costs about $70.

There are Still a couple effects that weren't shown that will be ready soon. It will help fill out the show a little more!

- - - Updated - - -

The backdrops will get added

If you want some Diagon Alley goodness, we interviewed Seth Kubersky and Banks Lee about their experiences during the preview week. Check out the latest podcast. It may answer a lot the questions you have.

http://orlandounited.com/2014/06/orlando-united-radio-episode-17-a-diagon-alley-discussion/

The person who was being interviewed about the ride was very informative (Seth). However, the interviewers were very annoying. A podcast should be child-friendly, but it was filled with unnecessary swears (multiple uses of F***). Would not recommend to sensitive ears or small children. Should come with a warning! Thank you!

The person who was being interviewed about the ride was very informative (Seth). However, the interviewers were very annoying. A podcast should be child-friendly, but it was filled with unnecessary swears (multiple uses of F***). Would not recommend to sensitive ears or small children. Should come with a warning! Thank you!

I think anybody old enough to engage in discussion on the boards is old enough to deal with a few f-bombs.

I'm still listening to the podcast, but it's awesome on several levels. I think the cursing humanizes it - it's more like listening in on a conversation than the "us vs. them" feel other podcasts can give off, and it shows how excited they are about what they're talking about.

For what it's worth, the language and humor is always a lot tamer than what you'd hear in any middle school these days. Not that it should matter.

Back to topic: the podcast is great and I'm so happy about everything being discussed. Also, the story about the wall had me in tears.

I think anybody old enough to engage in discussion on the boards is old enough to deal with a few f-bombs.

I'm still listening to the podcast, but it's awesome on several levels. I think the cursing humanizes it - it's more like listening in on a conversation than the "us vs. them" feel other podcasts can give off, and it shows how excited they are about what they're talking about.

For what it's worth, the language and humor is always a lot tamer than what you'd hear in any middle school these days. Not that it should matter.

Back to topic: the podcast is great and I'm so happy about everything being discussed. Also, the story about the wall had me in tears.

Reminds me of when Dobby closed the portal on Platform 9 3/4 in Chamber of Secrets.

Yes, completely different to my knowledge... which is limited in a very unlimited way.

That said... what is with keeping those actors so far back from the edge of the staircase... it was as if they were scared of the audience... The entire introduction should be 1-2 feet from the edge of the stairs, staring down into the eyes of the people... engage them as a great thespian of any day would!

The puppets were far smaller than I imagined... I thought they would be 4-6 feet tall. As is, once again... bring them down to the face of the audience.

I actually thought the scroll pop was clever and fun, probably more engaging than the expensive alternative.

The stop and jiggle of the large death puppet drives me nuts... cannot they build an actuator that slows way down at the end. All I can compare it to is the need for the ease-in, ease-out used in digital animation. The Everest track eases into place brilliantly., so it is possible.

And finally, WHY isn't a set piece finished and ready for this show 6 weeks ago. Did one of the money people yap about a cut piece and they just ordered it a few weeks ago? Sounds like it.

Last edited:
Sorry this was just too awesome not to share. Got to interview the whole cast.

10460321_10152485517518104_3037738521263321785_n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
I thought it might have been accessible... until I saw that one side had no railing. Feels like a missed opportunity for more retail space.

Yeah the store is actually a lot smaller than you'd think. The extra floors would have added a lot. But James Phelps did say it was built to scale from the actual set so there's that.

Btw Seth, it was nice meeting you at the media event. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Any reviews on the shops themselves? I was wondering how the Weasley' shop is. Another question, are there any other elements on Hogwarts Express other than a cold breeze from the Dementors? I remember somebody saying there are leg ticklers during the chocolate frogs part? And other than Hermoine's voice on HE, I honestly have nothing negative to say about this expansion so far. Looks utterly AMAZING!

Another question, are there any other elements on Hogwarts Express other than a cold breeze from the Dementors? I remember somebody saying there are leg ticklers during the chocolate frogs part?
From Skubersky:

"The 2nd time I rode HE there was cold air during the Dementor attack but it's subtle. No leg ticklers but I think that was only ever fan speculation, and wouldn't really fit into what happens on the ride. The quality of the video screens, audio effects, and other little touches more than made up for it. "

http://www.orlandounited.com/forums...n-Alley-Discussion-Part-2?p=375397#post375397

I just watched the video of the walkthrough of the King's cross queue, and I'm really impressed with the walking through the brick wall effect but I was wondering one thing. Since you view the effect then walk around a corner to go through the "wall," do you think people with hang back at the point where you can view the effect to take pictures / videos of the other members of their party walking through the wall? I am imagining lots of hold-ups at this point of the queue, and I wonder how disruptive this might be to the overall flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.