Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^^ My cousin and I walked through New York on multiple occasions the night we were there and couldn't figure out for the life of us what it was. Absolutely horrid smell!

Well Cole, then you missed the worst smell ever. That bathroom scene in PS is easily one of those most disgusting both visually and smell wise at any horror nights ever.

Don't complain about burning bodies to me, fellas. Texas Chainsaw's rotting flesh was so strong and over-powering that people were literally getting sick. Murdy eventually walked through himself and decided that it needed to be turned down ten notches. I couldn't even concentrate in that maze because all I could smell was rotting meat.

I don't remember the burning smell being that bad, and I actually think I liked it.

Psychoscarapy was horrible though, that was one of my favorite houses and it spooked me a few times. I'm terrified of insane asylums.

I was talking to someone with inside info over the weekend, and she strongly implied that there will be an overarching theme this year. Does anyone know anything about whether this is true and what it could be? Does that mean we will have a backstory and/or icon? I don't have any proof, its just what I was told and I'm curious if there are any rumors I missed on the matter.

Well Cole, then you missed the worst smell ever. That bathroom scene in PS is easily one of those most disgusting both visually and smell wise at any horror nights ever.
Thank god, the scene in blood asylum was too much for me so I don't even want to think about that room

- - - Updated - - -

I don't remember the burning smell being that bad, and I actually think I liked it.

Psychoscarapy was horrible though, that was one of my favorite houses and it spooked me a few times. I'm terrified of insane asylums.

Asylums freak me out too. There is just something about a building filled to the brim of the criminally insane that just rubs me the wrong way. Granted asylums today aren't anything like that but still....bleh

- - - Updated - - -

I was talking to someone with inside info over the weekend, and she strongly implied that there will be an overarching theme this year. Does anyone know anything about whether this is true and what it could be? Does that mean we will have a backstory and/or icon? I don't have any proof, its just what I was told and I'm curious if there are any rumors I missed on the matter.
Rumors are on a icon but they're slowly dying down. If there was one we'd probably have a hint on it by now

There was a rumor MONTHS ago about an icon named The Propmaster. We have not really heard much about it since, apart from people asking if it was still happening.
When I asked my source about a week ago if there was any whispers of a theme or icon, I was told not as of that moment.
Granted, a lot can change in a week.

Don't complain about burning bodies to me, fellas. Texas Chainsaw's rotting flesh was so strong and over-powering that people were literally getting sick. Murdy eventually walked through himself and decided that it needed to be turned down ten notches. I couldn't even concentrate in that maze because all I could smell was rotting meat.

I remember that smell. It definitely made that house feel even more real.
Are you headed back to HHNH this year? I think I'm doing VIP on October 16.

I was there for it and it indeed was obnoxiously horrid. It was ten times more powerful than any smell we've encountered at HHN. I could smell it in my clothes afterwards, it was that bad.

The first thing I think of when I see that picture is "The Mangler," a short story by Stephen King from the book "Nightshift." It's about an industrial laundry press in a factory that becomes possessed by a demon and smashes workers. Then it comes unhinged and heads out to find more victims to smash. I remember taking a survey from Universal a few years back on potential horror night topics/house topics and a Stephen King house was one of them. An entire house based on Stephen King books could be good, Pennywise from It, Cujo, Christine, something from the Dome maybe since that is a current tv show going on to promote? Who knows, speculation but could be fun.

Hey guys I'm new to the thread here! Just wanted to say I searched "hhn24" under hashtags on Instagram and came across some interesting information about the event this year