Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 416 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Moseby was a character on the Disney Channel show "The Suite Life of Zach and Cody". Unless they were referring to a different show entirely... It certainly wasn't Disney's best work, but then, Disney Channel has always produced the most cringe worthy material... However, I was very happy to watch the new Boy Meets World spin-off, definitely a step in a better direction.

Who in hell is Mr. Mosbey? Was he on a tv show that 20 somethings watched in the late nineties?

There is also a Ted Mosbey on the show How I Met Your Mother that just ended? Is this some kind of clue regarding architects? :lol:

Always trying to find a hidden meaning in your messages aren't we Teebs

#teebinriddles

I'm watching it too. One question, why wasn't Daniel Radcliffe with his co-stars at the opening?? I don't think he's currently filming anything right now. Seems odd.

That show was much more informative than I anticipated. I had no idea the HE engine and cars were built in Switzerland. Mercy.

The money exchange AA appears to be a mystic fountain/turtle talk type deal. Clever... goodness knows how much that will cost to upkeep.

What else did I see... I am glad I recorded it...

PS: Meredith narrated the thing... I feel confident she hasn't been to Orlando in years.

MY guess /opinion is Dan Radcliffe and Emma Watson are trying to have a Life/Jobs after Potter .If they keep @ it that is all people will associate with them.

You're probably right, but he can like it or not - He will forever be directly associated with Harry Potter. He is more associated with his character than any actor in movie history, and that will likely make it difficult for him to get other major roles.

I think the Diagon Alley grand opening would've been the very last chapter in his Harry Potter publicity career. He could have closed the book AFTER this very big event, but he chose to skip out on it. That's a shame.

- - - Updated - - -

That show was much more informative than I anticipated. I had no idea the HE engine and cars were built in Switzerland. Mercy.

Isn't that where many of the best track based rides are manufactured? I know Bolliger Mabillard as well as Intamin are based there. Is it one of those?

So when the gringotts cart pulled in to the loading area, the TMs had to manually lift all of the lapbars - the cart was empty because we were the second set of riders. Just thought that was interesting - not saying that's what's wrong with it or anything.

The money exchange AA appears to be a mystic fountain/turtle talk type deal. Clever... goodness knows how much that will cost to upkeep.

PS: Meredith narrated the thing... I feel confident she hasn't been to Orlando in years.

I know she was in Orlando around 2004...hosting Millionaire from MGM Studios for TV. I was waiting, but never got into the hotseat :(

We were one of the first on Gringotts. The ride broke down for about one or two minutes while we were on. Thankfully it broke down right after the last scene (for us at least).

They didn't make us leave at 7:00, so we got more than just two hours. It was a great experience and completely overwhelming. The smell of Florean Fortescue's drove us insane. Hermione's voice was absolutely the worst part of the whole park.

I can't wait to do it all again tomorrow.

Also, our 12pm-2pm preview slot for July 2 was rescheduled to 5pm-7pm. I'm not sure if this was the case for everybody.

One of my friends had to go to Germany to paint/theme the trains. I know they were built at Dopplemyer's facility in Switzerland, I am a bit foggy on why they painted them in Germany but they did.

So, it seems the Gringotts attraction is failing because of a car/system issue.

Funny that Spider-Man misses video queues every so often and a screen doesn't happen. That might have shut down the ride at one time, but they finally decided that it didn't happen often enough to warrant a complete fail.

One of my friends had to go to Germany to paint/theme the trains. I know they were built at Dopplemyer's facility in Switzerland, I am a bit foggy on why they painted them in Germany but they did.

Aaaah... Orlando finish artists flew to far off places. I was really wondering about that and dispatched an email to friends about who did what in Switzerland.

Regarding where... those Europeans... they are all in bed together until they aren't.

Last edited:
Alright, I don't nit pick much but after watching the Diagon special the stage inside Diagon has these meter boxes and lids total visible all over the place on the stage. Couldn't they have relocated those meters or valvse or whatever is in there to some where that isn't so visible! Maybe it's just me an seeing those totally takes me out of the magic and drops me right back into the real world and work. Maybe it's not so visible in person and only seen on camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.