Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish I could say more but I won't because it wouldn't be cool of me to do so at this time. They ain't shrinking from anything Disney has done!

You make it sound like this is something to get really excited about. We should set our expectations high, very high, right?

You make it sound like this is something to get really excited about. We should set our expectations high, very high, right?
I would just think of what Typhoon Lagoon is. If it's anything more, than that's a plus. Never set expectations too high as you're only setting yourself up for a letdown.

If executed fully, yes. Problem is, I have no idea what might be cut or reduced in height etc. I can tell you that Woodbury is in the lead pushing for the volcano to be built to its fully proposed height. Or at least, he was, once upon a recent time.

If executed fully, yes. Problem is, I have no idea what might be cut or reduced in height etc. I can tell you that Woodbury is in the lead pushing for the volcano to be built to its fully proposed height. Or at least, he was, once upon a recent time.

Lets hope he pushes hard enough and gets what he (and us) wants. If he does and the water park and other expansions transpire as we hope, and think they will, then his tenure must be ranked higher than Eisners during the Disney decade. Way to go Woodbury.

Would I be correct in thinking 200ft would be the max height due to red flashing airplane lights? If I remember correctly it used to be 199ft hence the height of Cindy's castle this was later increased to 200ft, hence Expedition Everest being 1ft higher than said castle.

Haha! 199 feet and 10 big inches.

or 200 feet, and the red strobe can be inside the opening of the valcano so it looks like its going to erupt at night
If they can pull that off, they can follow regulations and make it look more like an actual volcano

BicolVolcanoAP_650x433.jpg

If they build a 200 foot tall volcano, just think about not only the theming they can do, but the size of some of the rides...they could take the cake with the tallest waterslide in the world, the longest family raft ride(sorry Teamboat Springs), and maybe even the biggest uphill water coaster(adios Mammoth!).

If they build a 200 foot tall volcano, just think about not only the theming they can do, but the size of some of the rides...they could take the cake with the tallest waterslide in the world, the longest family raft ride(sorry Teamboat Springs), and maybe even the biggest uphill water coaster(adios Mammoth!).

I'd love something like Ihu's breakaway falls twice the hight :)

Erupts margueritas. Commercial brought to you by Margueritaville.

You know, there was a rumor of a Margaritaville themed water park years ago (based on a survey). And you wouldn't want to call it just "Margaritaville," to avoid confusion with the restaurant ... hmmm.

or 200 feet, and the red strobe can be inside the opening of the valcano so it looks like its going to erupt at night
If they can pull that off, they can follow regulations and make it look more like an actual volcano

BicolVolcanoAP_650x433.jpg

Remember that the light has to be fully visible, not just mixed in with other sources of light. It has to stand out for safety reasons.

I predict the volcano will erupt many times a day. How cool would it be if everytime the volcano erupts a wave pool in front of it reacts with a tidal wave?

I can only imagine how cool this thing will look from 1-4. Those tourists will drool over it every time they drive by - brilliant!

If the Margaritaville Water Park was to happen, maybe we could see possibly the so called Royal Pacific Expansion Being a Margaritaville Hotel. They're Building a Huge New One in Hollywood Beach. They also have them in Pensacola, Bossier City and soon to be in the Smoky Mountains.

It'd be cool to see a "margaritaville" florida keys area with the relocated restaurant, live music, relaxing pool and maybe special extra-ticket fishing. Minion Beach, Volcano Bay, new Amity sound amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.