Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

IMHO the way they are handling it is brilliant. They could let day guests on Gringotts, half would get good rides and decide they don't need to come back next year to see it again; the other half would wait hours just to get dumped or evaced, and spread bad word of mouth.
This way they get all the money from mech & food sales, and all these people will want to come back next vacation for the ride. Profit!

I'd imagine they would want to come back regardless...but this is exactly a demonstration of what Universal has learned..Food, Merch and Beverages is where the gold mines are

I'd imagine they would want to come back regardless...but this is exactly a demonstration of what Universal has learned..Food, Merch and Beverages is where the gold mines are

And they've also learned the way to drive those sales is through quality attractions in which to anchor them (and drive overall attendance), something another resort down the street has forgotten...

Sets the New Standard on MultiMedia attractions

Greatest Ride Ever

WOW

Everything I expected and then some

Most complete attraction in Universals arsenal

These are the quotes I'm expecting to hear in the next few days lol.

And they've also learned the way to drive those sales is through quality attractions in which to anchor them (and drive overall attendance), something another resort down the street has forgotten...

what makes me mad is that they dont really need to do anything. families will come for them no matter what, Like someone else said ost people come for the mouse on vacation and Uni is the add on to their vacation.

People will keep spending millions so they don't have a reason to do better stuff

what makes me mad is that they dont really need to do anything. families will come for them no matter what, Like someone else said ost people come for the mouse on vacation and Uni is the add on to their vacation.

People will keep spending millions so they don't have a reason to do better stuff

While that's true in the short term, no business can stay stagnant and expect to pull the growth numbers year after year with gimmicks. And yes, Disney is the main draw to Central Florida but look at the trend. People used to come for 7 days and spend 6 at Disney and 1 at Universal if that. Now more people are definitely coming to Universal for 1 or 2 days. After Diagon and other expansions that number will change to 2-3 days Universal and maybe stay at a Uni resort instead of the usual Disney. All of this just keeps chipping away at Disney's bottom line. While things like Frozen prop up those numbers temporarily it's not sustainable for the long term. On top of that, Disney is very slow at adding attractions to their park. By the time Avatar opens (which is looking more like a huge mistake), Universal will have opened up a couple more resorts and maybe a brand new water park and several new attractions. This slow reaction time will be a huge problem for them.

People forget that Disney is a much larger machine to run then UOR (at least for now). Disney does things at a slower pace because they can. It may be frustrating to us, but to them it's all just business. The new fantasy land addition was a pretty big (but slow) step for Disney. Avatar and Star Wars will be other large steps.

UOR is building and expanding like crazy right now, but there will definitely come a time when this slows down and eventually stops. They only have so much room to grow. Before Potter, UOR moved at a pretty slow pace as well. Remember how long it took to get that Seuss sky trolly open?

Best POV video so far of the ride!

[video=youtube;ztzOwQuqyDI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztzOwQuqyDI[/video]

And another new one too:

[video=youtube;15vMtuvVDcw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15vMtuvVDcw[/video]

So tempted to watch, but I must resist the urge!

Back to watching Forbidden Journey POVs to tide me over... :-X

Best POV video so far of the ride!

[video=youtube;ztzOwQuqyDI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztzOwQuqyDI[/video]

And another new one too:

[video=youtube;15vMtuvVDcw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15vMtuvVDcw[/video]

I just want to point out that these are the same video, and their source is my original video which can be found here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SBdQIS_JXyM

These guys just took the time to flip the video whereas I didn't care :p

So tempted to watch, but I must resist the urge!

Back to watching Forbidden Journey POVs to tide me over... :-X

I've watched it a couple times (I couldn't help myself), but I can honestly say I don't think the video will do the ride justice. There's many moments in the video where you have no idea what is going on (though the guy recording it does his best to tell you). I'm kind of upset I watched it, but I also don't think it ruined it for me.

Damn! I'm so mad at myself now for watching that video... I gotta say I'm a little disappointed by how they did Bellatrix spell. It didn't look like normal spells do in the Potterverse. And OMG Voldemort!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently Gringotts has opened with the land, but only has three cars running. Does anyone know how many cars should be running if it was at capacity? Stand by and single rider lines are open but I doubt either will be moving fast!

Was like the second group on gringotts!!
Omg, a amazing ride & the finale was so awesome.
I wish I could ride again but sadly it is 150 mins