Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Since the ride is officially open and not in technical rehearsal, I would think they will let people get in line up to 10 pm. Have Gringotts TMs been told they may be there until 2 - 3 am tomorrow morning?

If that's the case, I'll be there around 6:30 tonight. I'll hop in line and gladly wait until 2-3 AM.

Got to the garage at 4:30. Got into the gringos ride at 8:30. Rode at 11. The best experience I have ever had on a ride. My jaw was on the floor the second the train zips around the first corner. They are letting you skip the bag line if you have none which is nice. If it dies down by closing I might try to go for a second round. RIP jaws but this was worth the wait.

Is there a full warts and all review yet? Don't care about spoilers, its gonna be a couple of years before I get to ride it

I asked this once, but since I'm a little paranoid I'll ask again since it's open to get more opinions. How tight are the restraints? Very similar to Mummy or tighter?

Is there a full warts and all review yet? Don't care about spoilers, its gonna be a couple of years before I get to ride it

Tighter then The Mummy. My friend I went with had knee surgery over a year ago, and it was giving her problems because of the shin restraint built into the lap bar. SHe didn't care about the pain because the was that good.

Tighter then The Mummy. My friend I went with had knee surgery over a year ago, and it was giving her problems because of the shin restraint built into the lap bar. SHe didn't care about the pain because the was that good.

I also heard that bar makes it difficult for bigger people to ride as well. What exactly is the purpose of that bar, could the restraint be modified to remove that bar to allow bigger people (or people who don't enjoy pain) to ride?

I also heard that bar makes it difficult for bigger people to ride as well. What exactly is the purpose of that bar, could the restraint be modified to remove that bar to allow bigger people (or people who don't enjoy pain) to ride?

I would think its there to prevent anyone form slipping out like that lady did on that coaster last year

I LOVED the ride! We did have a glitch with the trolls and the screen froze and the ride stopped, but once it started back up it was great! I was blown away by both the queue and the ride. I cannot wait to go back and ride again.

So about how long would you wait for it normally ?

That's a good question. I waited an hour today. I'd say that for the queue and the ride combined (because the queue really was that impressive, in my opinion) I would wait 2 hours on a summer day. I fully expected to wait 3+ today and got very lucky with an hour. But I would say the attraction as a whole is worth a 2 hour wait. This is coming from someone with an annual pass, and I can always come back. It would also depend on the day for me (when I show up, how long I stay, etc).

That's a good question. I waited an hour today. I'd say that for the queue and the ride combined (because the queue really was that impressive, in my opinion) I would wait 2 hours on a summer day. I fully expected to wait 3+ today and got very lucky with an hour. But I would say the attraction as a whole is worth a 2 hour wait. This is coming from someone with an annual pass, and I can always come back. It would also depend on the day for me (when I show up, how long I stay, etc).
Sweet. I have an AP as well. Usually go to Universal and wing it. I'll probably be getting on Saturday. Going early. 2 Hours Sounds Good enough for the start.
My normal with any ride there having an AP is usually 20-30 Minutes.

If that's the case, I'll be there around 6:30 tonight. I'll hop in line and gladly wait until 2-3 AM.

Also I would rather ride it at night and be able to see everything since the sun can mess with your eyes when you enter a dark ride.

So yeah if you do that you will even have a better experience

Also I would rather ride it at night and be able to see everything since the sun can mess with your eyes when you enter a dark ride.

So yeah if you do that you will even have a better experience

Universal does a terrible job at light-eye transitioning going inside of ride queues. I swear. Should be fixed.